The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

We seem to sign strikers on there overall numbers of goals.....not criticising that.

but the smart money is on goal scorers that score every week or every game.

perhaps a bit more nous needs to be applied to the recruitment process.

we signed cascarino when his partner sheringham was the more cultured......we signed whittingham, when his partner Paul Walsh was the brains.

i could go on.

I think you need to.

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

I remember laughing at Liverpool and Spurs when they wasted so much money

Karma i guess because we have bought some real shitters 

Yep Spurs went from 5th to 6th, Liverpool went from 2nd to 6th and it looks like we'll be falling from 17th to 20th

9 minutes ago, KHV said:

We are nowhere near as good as Watford. Anything other than defeat would be a suprise 

Need to pick points up from somewhere, if we can't expect them from the Watford's of the world then we may as well just forfeit the rest of the games this season.

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Need to pick points up from somewhere, if we can't expect them from the Watford's of the world then we may as well just forfeit the rest of the games this season.

I have watched Watford a couple of times this season and I think they will cause us loads of problems.

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

It's taken us the last 24 premier league games to get 20 points. No chance we now get that in the next 12. We'll be nowhere near that target of 38 points by then.  Out of that lot I predict around 10 points.

I predict three points

We need to start playing 4-4-2 diamond for me!

Guzan

Hutton

Richards

Okore

Lescott

Sanchez

Gueye

Veretout

Gil

Kozak

Ayew

Look to buy a keeper, striker and box to box midfielder in January as well as bringing Cissokho back. 

Austin as striker, no idea for keeper or centre mid but we need Prem experience for the midfielder. 

Remi has to show attacking threat in the wayford game, we have to start creating opportunities

has to go with ayew and rudy up top for this one, drop vertout play gil and either n zogbia adama on the opposite flank. grealish shouldnt be starting he has been crap for too long now. we have to start putting pressure on teams now enough of this defensive negative crap

4 hours ago, terrytini said:

Don't disagree with any of the last few comments, and I certainly wasn't underestimating Leicester, they do have decent players with some really strong characters and no little skill.

My point was that it is not 23 points worth....an awful lot depends on a goalscorer.

As regards fight, heart, desire, commitment, character....we've always struggled and always will.

You have Clubs always trying to prove something ( Everton that they can match Liverpool, Blues that they can knock their soft, pampered neighbours over, ).....you have your permanent top Clubs, then you have people like us, not at the top, not an up and coming youngster, not with a chip on our shoulder, a sort of late middle aged grandad who will hand out the Murray mints, be light on discipline with the Grandkids, and take a more serene look at the world, having been there but no longer feeling the need to strive again.

Or something like that !

good analysis....frightening apt OMG

Â