The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

eating a steak without a red wine sauce is a true heresy

Love a redwine / bordelaise sauce.  Perfect steak meal it makes.

good steak needs no dressing up.

just like Brigit Bardot in her prime

au naturel

• Like 2

Former Manchester United and Everton assistant manager Steve Round is being lined up to be Remi Garde's No.2 at Aston Villa, sources have told ESPN FC.

Garde is still working on building his backroom team at Villa after replacing Tim Sherwood as manager at Villa Park earlier this month.

The Frenchman was keen to bring him with Lyon coaching duo Gerald Baticle and Bruno Genesio, but the Ligue 1 club were unwilling to let them leave for Villa.

It means Garde has been forced to look elsewhere to bring in some coaches and he has turned his attentions to Round.Round has previously worked with McClaren at Middlesbrough and England and he turned down the chance to reunite with him at Newcastle last summer as he looked to forge his own career in management.

Villa are keen to add the 45-year-old to their coaching staff as he has a wealth of experience of coaching in the Premier League that will aid Garde's transition from management in Ligue 1.

Round has held talks with Garde and Villa hope to secure his appointment before Saturday's trip to Everton.

http://www.espnfc.com/aston-villa/story/2714066/aston-villa-line-up-steve-round-as-assistant-to-remi-garde?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

1 hour ago, PatrickCousens said:

In Garde's interview with AVTV he said "we have practised more of the same as we did before City. In football you can't change what you're doing every week, you have to practice, practice, practice".

What a refreshing change from Sherwood's 'let's do something different every week and just see how it goes'.

I expect us to be cautious again against Everton, and to be pleased with a point if we can get it. We'll have to push for the 3 points against Watford though, which will be tough be they are organised and set up to play on the break. 

Four points would be monumental. Get those and I'll start to believe.

• Like 1

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-remi-gardes-thoughts-10466138

Aston Villa: Remi Garde's thoughts on Paris attacks; squad togetherness and preparing for the Toffees

Aston Villa boss Remi Garde held his media briefing this morning ahead of the weekend's clash with everton.

He spoke of his side's togetherness, preparation for Everton, and his thoughts on events in Paris.

Garde stated: "I was very shocked at the events in Paris like everyone. It was something terrible. What I saw at Wembley was a very good sign of solidarity.

Our squad are together. "We had a chat with all the players and had a minute of silence. It was important. I always say the man behind the player is very important.

"They are affected but now we're focused about what we have to do. Our job is to play football. We have a job to do now and we are focused on that.

The draw against Man City seems to have instilled a new found confidence in the Villa ranks, and Garde believes they can build on it.

He said: "I try to bring confidence and focus on the point we earned against City. We've had good training sessions without seven players who started the game against City - it wasn't the best to work on. The players who have stayed have worked really well.

"Jordan Amavi has done very well since he arrived at this club.

"Jordan Ayew scored and Ciaran Clark had a great result for the Republic of Ireland.

"Jores is fighting hard to get fit. He is working hard to get back into the first team.

"I've watched two Everton games. I am aware of how hard this game is going to be. I know them well.

"Seven players have been missing during the international break. I'm pleased to have Jores, Tiago - players I didn't know very well to be fair.

"The players are aware things are different. It is my job to make them believe that the way we're goingto play is different now. I'm giving them direction to work and we carry on in that direction.

But can Villa transform their fortunes? Again, the Frenchman is confident.

He stated: "My concern was to stop the run of defeats. The players were affected by that. If you concede one goal you have to score two yourself. It's hard against top teams.

"If you defend well you will have one or two chances each half. I agree we didn't against Man City - they're a difficult team to play. It's like when you play against PSG in France - they're efficient.

"I believe in this squad. We've already played 12 games. It's not a situation you want to be in. I didn't see players who don't believe in themselves or the team work we're trying to work on."

No mention of Amavi's injury... has nobody told him?

I miss Tim Sherwood, it's boring having a manager that isn't controversial and an idiot. I have nothing to complain about ! Give me something to complain about ! 

I am so exited about the Everton match, can't remember the last time I was this exited, it nearly feels like a semi final in a cup with Watford being the final ! Pleeeeeease Garde keep on showing that the promising signs you are showing are more than just signs and that you actually are a competent manager. 

24 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

I miss Tim Sherwood, it's boring having a manager that isn't controversial and an idiot. I have nothing to complain about ! Give me something to complain about ! 

I am so exited about the Everton match, can't remember the last time I was this exited, it nearly feels like a semi final in a cup with Watford being the final ! Pleeeeeease Garde keep on showing that the promising signs you are showing are more than just signs and that you actually are a competent manager. 

Mate, you need to calm down! Get yourself together ;)

15 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Reading Garde's comments and thoughts today it makes me think we are going to see a more defensive looking villa. I just hope we are lethal in front of goal because you can't win without scoring.

We have the players to be good going forward. We may lack a really good centre forward, but with players like Grealish, Gil, Ayew, Sinclair, Adama and even N'Zogbia (if GArde can get some performances out of him) we have enough there to score goals.

We've already scored enough this season to have more points than we've actually achieved, but we've leaked too many goals to capitalise. A better defence vs Sunderland, Palace and Leicester would probably see us with 6 extra points alone without having to add anymore goals.

I guess you could even argue the Liverpool game given we scored twice and still lost.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Pleeeeeease Garde keep on showing that the promising signs you are showing are more than just signs and that you actually are a competent manager. 

I think you're getting ahead of yourself. At the moment Garde has got one lucky result (a good organised result yes, but still lucky). 

Â