The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

I have seen us play city and win, the 3-2? You could argue that we didn't play as well that day. 

For me we used all our players to their maximum potential and got what we deserved

Remi spotted a team and formation that many people, who have really watched villa, would have picked torwards the beginning of the season.

I can't listen to the so called experts who watch 5 minutes highlight of us every week and then spout a load of rubbish. 

Gary Neville had to watch us for 90 minutes and he gave a fairly accurate analysis of our problems after 45.

I think Remi will give us the best chance we have of success with what we have atm 

I'm pretty sure city are capable of putting 4/5 goals past most teams in the league, but they didn't and there we're positives in a game I thought we wouldn't find any. I think Remi could go on to be the best manager we've seen at this club

1 hour ago, Fowlersrs said:

I'm pretty sure city are capable of putting 4/5 goals past most teams in the league, but they didn't and there we're positives in a game I thought we wouldn't find any. I think Remi could go on to be the best manager we've seen at this club

He is formidable. In his interviews he is just brilliant at giving measured, nuanced answers to every question, and with occasional humour. The bloke has a proper brain in his head.

8 hours ago, BOF said:

The only one of the 3 chances that you could say was down to us was the one hitting Guzan's face, because you can say that his positioning is what stopped it.  Them hitting the crossbar and De Bruyne's little jig was not down to us.  It was dumb luck and I'm very thankful for that dumb luck, but let's call a spade a spade here.  We're not trying to downplay the result, and you're right when you say that against the likes of Citeh you need luck, but aren't you kind of agreeing with me when you say that?  That it was luck?  That's all I'm saying really.

Not really.

Tony's point seemed to be that without the "luck" that we got against Citeh we'd have lost 5-0.

I'm saying that without the luck we might have lost by a couple of goals.

I don't think it's fair to say that we'd have fallen apart if we'd conceded one or two because we used to do that. My point is I think we were playing with enough shape and organisation to stop that happening.

I think Lady Luck has cost us more points than she's given us of late. 

So I'm at ease with the notion that city hitting the bar and de bruyne trying to be a smart arse gave us a slightly fortunate, but (IMO) a well deserved point.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 2

No harm. I've already said I can't wait till I see Grealish in a Garde side because it'll mean he has earned it, is up to standard and will have a defined role. Grealish under Garde will be fantastic.

• Like 3

I always thought he had too much of a free role. He needs structure and instructions to play against some sides. Garde will get it out of him. 

Easy to get your team up against the likes of man city.  Be interesting to see how we play in the next few games 

I too are from the camp " The harder you work the luckier you get" .....even just from the point of view of hurrying the oppositions work and putting doubts in their mind.

I too like Remi, he is a deliberate man in a similar way to Saunders.

i too like what I hear from him, but what someone says and what someone does is 2 different things.....we need to sit back and see, rather than speculate.

It is all about results and what we achieve, but if we do fail to make the necessary impact, I will not be too quick to blame him......He has one hell of a task and it has been the result of mismanagement in many forms for so long.

i hope Remi is a Graham Taylor Mk1 someone who revolutionise the club and reinstall an element of competency in all areas.

i think we have offensive players that are in development, they worry me with their lack of defensive capabilities.

it will be a tough old time.

On 04/11/2015, 08:38:37, Demitri_C said:
On 04/11/2015, 08:36:54, TrentVilla said:
On 04/11/2015, 08:25:19, Woodytom said:
On 04/11/2015, 08:12:23, TrentVilla said:
On 04/11/2015, 07:59:19, Woodytom said:

Banning speaking french? Hmmm. Can't say I see that as a good move.

You are probably right. I mean it definitely makes more sense to have poor communication on the pitch, in the dressing room and at BMH.

In a potentially divided dressing room short of confidence ensuring everyone speaks the same language is absolutely guaranteed to make things worse.

Especially when it's a language none of them can speak. It's certainly it going to help those French players adjust to loving and working in England.

What a fool Garde is, I can't believe he hasn't followed Wenger's example and made everyone only speak French. Ray Palour, Merson and Tony Adams all clearly benefited from it.

So to ensure communication is solid, languages need to be banned? 

Surely a better way to increase communication and indeed team morale might be for the English players to help the french players speak English and at the same time gabby and Co could learn another language themselves. 

I didn't say languages need to be banned, I rather suspect Garde didn't either but it makes for a good headline especially for certain elements of the media. 

Are you seriously trying to argue that the rest of the squad should learn French, despite probably having no grounding in it in order to help these players make the transition. And that that is a better idea than the French players, most of whom already actually speak English and all of whom have at least some English use that language. The language of the country they are now living and working.

Never mind the fact there are more English speakers than French, lets cancel training two days a week and get a language tutor in and they can learn to ask where the bakery is. I'm sure that will help us mark on corners.

What about the other nationalities? Do the rest of the squad need to learn Spanish as well as French?

I'm sorry but this criticism is just a little daft and actually seems like criticism for the sake of it.

Wenger insisted on English back in 1996 and so i'd imagine does just about every other overseas manager working in this country, just as I'm sure is the case all over Europe the domestic language is the language of the dressing room. 

Sorry Woody but I agree with TV here. If Gabby and Westwood went to France would the rest of the squad be expected to speak English to cater them? 

Westwood in for Sanchez, wonder if that will be a long term move?

On 20 November 2015 at 00:28:52, Stevo985 said:

Not really.

Tony's point seemed to be that without the "luck" that we got against Citeh we'd have lost 5-0.

I'm saying that without the luck we might have lost by a couple of goals.

I don't think it's fair to say that we'd have fallen apart if we'd conceded one or two because we used to do that. My point is I think we were playing with enough shape and organisation to stop that happening.

Alas we are about to find out if BOF is right 

If all he is planning on doing is parking the bus then we're in serious trouble.

To be honest, this squad gets relegated, if we do not spend significant money in January, improving the front line and defence, we will unambiguously get relegated, this lot have zero chance of surviving, worst Villa side I've ever seen in my lifetime.

• Like 1

Such negative tactics. Why defend when you have a shit defence? Why sit deep and play Gil and Grealish wide? Its farking stupid. Our midfield trio are useless. Worst performances of the season right there. Barry has out run them.. and hes what 35? Ahh i just cant be bothered with it all.

Â