The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

He can't make Guzan into a goal keeper, like he can't make Lescott defend any better. I might be in the lower percentage, but I'm happy to keep Remi if he gets to bring in a few of his own and lose the lazy Bastards.

To be frank I think he will go on his own accord sooner rather than later. An its a damm shame we have to lose, for me, a decent manager, the European manager we have all been waiting for after the McLeish's and Lamberts.

I said this a week ago, an I still stand by it.

For the manager It's not all about making players better, that in part is down to the player and how they apply them selves in training and the dedication shown on the training field to want to learn and become better... IT IS the mangers job to get this out of them and create an atmosphere of enjoyment and then pull it all together .. Garde has done nothing to Inspire the players!! He's done nothing to inspire me or many othe fans.... At the start of the season how many of Watfords or Leicester players would you have said were much much better than ours ? But some how managers have been able to create a spirit and togetherness among them... I'm sorry,  yes our players have been awful but Garde simply has to go!

Edited by Uppernorthstander

50 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

using stats is pointless because a large part of the arguement as to why garde has been so poor is because of sherwood

sherwood got the summer to buy in shit, he got the end of last season to ruin our confidence, he got the first 3 months of this season on a one man crusade to make as many baffling and point losing decisions as possible

garde got a load of shit players, out of form, low on confidence, with no transfer window, a group of older english lads who are part of the same old boys club as the previous manager

theres polishing a turd and then theres asking someone to make aston villa better...garde was on a hiding to nothing, but he's well mannered and quietly spoken and going down with a bit of dignity rather than pointing fingers and criticising the same people that let him down every week

"improving Aston Villa" is going to replace "polishing a turd" as the most common place idiom for something that is fundamentally flawed.

Edit: as in, "i put brand new alloys on my second hand car but it keeps breaking down!" - "well you can try hiring a new manager but you can't improve Aston Villa"

Edited by a m ole

Seems Remi is preparing for the sack by ensuring that the press gets hold of "players have awful attitude" and thereby trying to get the blame away from himself. However, there has been so much reported now about shit attitudes and bad professionalism that it simply cannot be ignored. As many have said before, we could have effing Ferguson as manager and we would still be shit - the problem primarily (not completely) is due to the players IMO and I have no doubt that we are far far far away the top teams with respect to attitude and  professionalism. So, I would rather ship out most of the squad and keep Garde but I am resigned to the probability that he will be removed and we will get yet another manager who will have to assess the same shit squad and fight the same shit attitudes and so the merry-go-around keeps going. Basically, I am not too fussed about who the new guy will be, it will be the same absolute unacceptable crap unless the new manager is given the absolute support from the Board, and has the ability and willingness, to clear the Squad from losers, underachievers  and clearings in the woods who should not be allowed to ever wear our shirt again. The one thing about Garde is IMO that he has made the assessments and he knows that several players have to leave  and he knows who they are. Anyway, he is gone and God help the new guy coming in.

Talksport are pretty much saying that Remi out, Pearson in is all but done.... I think Pearson seems to have as many pals in the pundit business as Sherwood. Darren Gough reckons he's actually got better as a manager since he was sacked by Leicester....

Just now, El-Reacho said:

Talksport are pretty much saying that Remi out, Pearson in is all but done.... I think Pearson seems to have as many pals in the pundit business as Sherwood. Darren Gough reckons he's actually got better as a manager since he was sacked by Leicester....

How on earth does that work?

Thankfully, that's just talkSPORT.

7 minutes ago, Shillzz said:

They stitched him up, failed to deliver on their promises of support, and left him out to dry as the only media facing representative of a club on it's knees. Now they're going to wash their hands of him because he hasn't served the club well enough?

After everything he's faced over the past few months, the man deserves a chance to at least show what he can do with his own players.

No he doesn't, he has been bloody awful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

using stats is pointless because a large part of the arguement as to why garde has been so poor is because of sherwood

sherwood got the summer to buy in shit, he got the end of last season to ruin our confidence, he got the first 3 months of this season on a one man crusade to make as many baffling and point losing decisions as possible

garde got a load of shit players, out of form, low on confidence, with no transfer window, a group of older english lads who are part of the same old boys club as the previous manager

theres polishing a turd and then theres asking someone to make aston villa better...garde was on a hiding to nothing, but he's well mannered and quietly spoken and going down with a bit of dignity rather than pointing fingers and criticising the same people that let him down every week

p21d1r8.png

• Like 1

Someone said it best earlier in this thread when they compared the challenge Remi has here to a race horse trainer having a stable full of donkeys, he never had a chance here and when he did get the useless lumps fighting on the pitch they couldn't score to save their lives. With proper backing in January he could of kept us up but the losers running the club gave up and when that happens it affects everyone at the club. We were 8 points off getting out of the shit for ages and the manager deserved to bring at least 2 or 3 players to help improve the squad but alas he was shafted by business men and marketing shit talkers. Good luck in the future Remi, I feel sorry for you that you ever joined this shit show of a club...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Stan Collymore saying a fan could have managed the team and done a similar job.

Hard to disagree

But the flip-side is, could a better manager done any better given the state of our squad? 

Personally, i think we could have had a few more points on the board but not enough to survive imo. 

30 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

That's not what he was saying...... they were suggesting that his reputation has been enhanced by the way leicester (a lot of them his team) have performed this season.

We as a fan base need to get real. Nigel pearson being appointed would be at worst a solid appointment, at best, a bit of a coup.

God knows why anyone would want to come here.

Garde forfeited his right to significant January funds when he failed to win any games leading up to January. Everyone said when he joined that he needed to keep us in contention first, then we could strengthen in the window and give ourselves a chance. He didn't. Instead we were seven points adrift of 19th (let alone 17th) on New Years' Day. The window became superfluous at that point.

Edit: It's not like the board didn't try for anyone either. We were shafted with the Kalinic decision and did try for Garde's major target in Doumbia. Again, if he had won a couple of games, the latter may have not turned us down in favour of a club who actually have a chance of staying up.

Edited by Isa

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

But the flip-side is, could a better manager done any better given the state of our squad? 

Personally, i think we could have had a few more points on the board but not enough to survive imo. 

You've answered your own question there. Yes.

• Like 1

Just in addition to my comment earlier, anyone 'part 2' interview just came out with Bernstein. Seems took out of the way to not mention Remi, using terms like 'the manager reports directly to me.' Etc.

Read into that what you will. Probably nothing.

2 minutes ago, Isa said:

Garde forfeited his right to significant January funds when he failed to win any games leading up to January. Everyone said when he joined that he needed to keep us in contention first, then we could strengthen in the window and give ourselves a chance. He didn't. Instead we were seven points adrift of 19th (let alone 17th) on New Years' Day. The window became superfluous at that point.

The gap between 19th and 17th would've been pretty small then, though.  From memory, we were 10 points from safety at the start of the transfer window and 9 points from safety at the end of it.  Not doing anything at all was a ridiculous decision from the board - especially when certain areas (a striker, a goalkeeper) were clearly lacking.

Significant funds should not have been thrown at it (depending what significant means) but not giving the manager, say, £20m has completely killed us.  Maybe we had no chance anyway - the board just ensured this was indeed the case.

Idiotic decision to sack him but I'm not surprised. I'm sick of this club. I feel sorry for Garde as he's been dealt the worst hand in the world and if I were him I'd tell this awful club to shove it where the sun don't shine and go back to France with my head held high.

• Like 2

Â