The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Garde's abilities are debatable. What is unquestionable however is that he was hung out to dry by Randy Lerner.  

The two can be separated. 

I, personally, think he should go. I think 2 wins in 20 games is unacceptable really under almost any circumstances. However, could I tell you if he is a good manager? I've still no idea really. Under these conditions obviously not, but don't let that fool you into thinking he is "abysmal". I believe he will go on to have a good career. 

Wouldn't surprise me, he's clearly got something. He just hasn't got the right ability to do something in this scenario and because of that doesn't deserve to continue with his job. 

Guess its hello to the next guy who fans who can't see the wood for the trees et al want sacked by the end of the season for not winning any games. Then hello to his replacement until he is sacked in another 4-6 months time for 'being awful'. Then hello to his replacement...........

All the while the players laugh while looking at their bank accounts as the villa faithful continue to blame manger after manager after manager until the world explodes and the universe puts us all out of our misery and mercifully having to listen to our moron fans clamour after Ingerlish Pashun! 

Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 

• Like 2

we struggle for 4 years with minimal investment

we sell our 3 best players and buy mediocre at best replacements

we then hire a coach who has spent the last 12 months sat on his arse as a TV pundit on French TV  and expect him to hit the ground running. 

Why are we surprised were going down!

• Like 1

Just now, Ingram85 said:

Guess its hello to the next guy who fans who can't see the wood for the trees et al want sacked by the end of the season for not winning any games. Then hello to his replacement until he is sacked in another 4-6 months time for 'being awful'. Then hello to his replacement...........

All the while the players laugh while looking at their bank accounts as the villa faithful continue to blame manger after manager after manager until the world explodes and the universe puts us all out of our misery and mercifully having to listen to our moron fans clamour after Ingerlish Pashun! 

Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 

It's English Passion and it's what we know and respect . Nothing MORONIC about being a fan and wanting traditional  English values. This is the English premier  last time I looked!.

god save the queen !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

It's English Passion and it's what we know and respect . Nothing MORONIC about being a fan and wanting traditional  English values. This is the English premier  last time I looked!.

god save the queen !

On the off chance this isn't internet sarcasm that I've let go over my head: **** me. **** the queen up her royal clearing. 

Edited by Ingram85

Just now, Ingram85 said:

**** me. **** the queen up her royal clearing. 

Nice really nice , that's the problem unfortunately !

pity you could not put a sensible argument together other than slag off the country and people we live alongside. 

In theory, I'm open to him remaining. Next season would represent a new situation where he'd have a preseason and a rebuild of the squad. But I do fear he may be broken from this season and if so, perhaps in everybody's interests to go into next season with a clean slate.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Nice really nice , that's the problem unfortunately !

pity you could not put a sensible argument together other than slag off the country and people we live alongside. 

Oh you were serious?! Jesus H.

8 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

god save the queen !

I'm going to ironically like this.

Let's not kid ourselves. The following scenario will take place....

New manager comes in, he'll say a few positive words in his opening press conference. Cue excitement from Villa fans, this guy looks the real deal, a new era is upon us.

One month later after a string of poor results, this guy is the worst manager we've ever seen. Get rid of him. Even McLeish was better.

Cycle repeats ad infitinum. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 

You post like anyone who doesn't want Remi here can't see the real reasons. It's so wrong. 

20 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

god save the queen !

What on earth is 'English' passion and 'English' values?

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

What on earth is 'English' passion and 'English' values?

If you have to ask, you may as well go and support Um Bongo Bongo FC. God Save The Queen. :lol:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You post like anyone who doesn't want Remi here can't see the real reasons. It's so wrong. 

Nope, just that what do they expect to happen? Seriously, if Pearson or whoever is appointed and we are just as crap by the end of the season would you all be branding the pitchforks for the manager then? And then after him if the same thing? And so on? We just gonna have a new manager every 5 minutes?

43 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

god save the queen !

Please tell me this is satire. PLEASE.

• Like 1

Â