The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Regardless of the quality of players. Sherwood came in and was able to get the best out of players he inherited. Now I don't think our squad playing to their best would still be much good but there's not a single player Garde has been able to get the best from. Maybe Ayew for a couple of games but that would be clutching. 

He's just been a complete nothing appointment and waste of time. We could have just let the players decide who was playing and who plays where and we wouldn't be much worse off. 

Hasn't shown anything to suggest he could turn things around in the championship. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Think it's a fair shout. Wtf backs a manager with 0 wins to his name?

Don't forget that the window is open for the whole of January, during which after the Sunderland game when Cissokho came back, the defence conceded 2 in 5 games and we were unbeaten before the City Cup defeat on the 30th.  With the improvement in the defence despite the individuals involved, surely just getting in a striker to help out at the other end logically would have meant there was a reasonable chance of us getting more wins and closer to staying up.  We did alright for a few games afterwards too, until Ayew got himself suspended and rendered us completely toothless in attack, from which we haven't recovered.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The gap between 19th and 17th would've been pretty small then, though.  From memory, we were 10 points from safety at the start of the transfer window and 9 points from safety at the end of it.  Not doing anything at all was a ridiculous decision from the board - especially when certain areas (a striker, a goalkeeper) were clearly lacking.

Significant funds should not have been thrown at it (depending what significant means) but not giving the manager, say, £20m has completely killed us.  Maybe we had no chance anyway - the board just ensured this was indeed the case.

I think Sunderland were a few points adrift themselves, there was huge pressure on them for that game. It was calculated at the time that we'd have needed something like top-six form until the season's end to have reached 38 points. We weren't conceivably going to go on that sort of run even with a few signings. So yeah, we were effectively relegated by January which is why I don't make it about the window. The damage was already done.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Don't forget that the window is open for the whole of January, during which after the Sunderland game when Cissokho came back, the defence conceded 2 in 5 games and we were unbeaten before the City Cup defeat on the 30th.  With the improvement in the defence despite the individuals involved, surely just getting in a striker to help out at the other end logically would have meant there was a reasonable chance of us getting more wins and closer to staying up.  We did alright for a few games afterwards too, until Ayew got himself suspended and rendered us completely toothless in attack, from which we haven't recovered.

Exactly, there was a momentum and it was wasted.

6 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Someone who has seen enough to know that with or without money, this team is going down.

can we not keep players signed in January after may?

if the club gave up then, then they have no right to sack Garde.

Edited by a m ole

1 minute ago, Supervillan78 said:

because they **** up in the first place and bought shit players?...and then got sacked?

Yes.

That's not the argument tho.

The arguments about Remi Garde and despite the situation his performance has been utterly abysmal. They're really is no debate in that.

Im still yet to see him field a team with any sort of plan. This is coming from someone who despises the players.

Just now, Woodytom said:

Yes.

That's not the argument tho.

The arguments about Remi Garde and despite the situation his performance has been utterly abysmal. They're really is no debate in that.

Im still yet to see him field a team with any sort of plan. This is coming from someone who despises the players.

I despise the players! They're crap, they were crap under Sherwood, they were crap under Garde and I'd imagine they would be crap under Pearson/anybody to. The moron's on the board failed to address this in January when they had an opportunity and as result we will be relegated.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

With proper backing in January he could of kept us up but the losers running the club gave up and when that happens it affects everyone at the club. 

Sorry even with 2 or 3 of his own players in January I don't think we had a cat in hells chance of staying up.

2 hours ago, Uppernorthstander said:

For the manager It's not all about making players better, that in part is down to the player and how they apply them selves in training and the dedication shown on the training field to want to learn and become better... IT IS the mangers job to get this out of them and create an atmosphere of enjoyment and then pull it all together .. Garde has done nothing to Inspire the players!! He's done nothing to inspire me or many othe fans.... At the start of the season how many of Watfords or Leicester players would you have said were much much better than ours ? But some how managers have been able to create a spirit and togetherness among them... I'm sorry,  yes our players have been awful but Garde simply has to go!

His Lyon squad had great spirit and character, so his not short on motivational skills. 90% of this squad wouldn't play for any manager at the moment. Get pearson in today and he would lose the dressing room before the end of the season

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Garde's abilities are debatable. What is unquestionable however is that he was hung out to dry by Randy Lerner.  

The two can be separated. 

I, personally, think he should go. I think 2 wins in 20 games is unacceptable really under almost any circumstances. However, could I tell you if he is a good manager? I've still no idea really. Under these conditions obviously not, but don't let that fool you into thinking he is "abysmal". I believe he will go on to have a good career. 

No one said he was abysmal I don't think. The job he has done has been abysmal however. I'm sure he's a better manager than he has shown but it hasn't worked one bit.

He's also given up himself and we all know what I think to people who don't try.

Â