The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

33 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

I just watched it. He was actually ushered out by the press officer who lost his cool rather than Guard as he was being pressed on "was he lied to before taking over" 

Reading between the lines ofRemi's answer it defiantly comes across that there were some things he was not aware of.

Oh and no ostrich.

I agree it was the press officer who terminated the press conference - seemed he was terrified Remi was going to give a straight answer to the question, "Were you lied to?" 

Remi is no doubt being held in a small room somewhere in Bodymoor having his kidneys pummelled until he remembers the official line.

Whatever, it's now all over the internet/media - "Garde walks out of press conference"

And so another bit of the edifice crumbles.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, a m ole said:

depends if the hiring club can understand circumstance or not.

He hasn't added any value to himself here, so there's no way this job will benefit him. I guess it then depends on whether a potential club will be prepared to totally 'write off' his time here then.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He hasn't added any value to himself here, so there's no way this job will benefit him. I guess it then depends on whether a potential club will be prepared to totally 'write off' his time here then.

I would personally. I think the press are starting to do the same.

Shame the press guy interrupted, although Garde had certainly dropped some pretty heavy hints beforehand that he found out a lot of "stuff" AFTER he got the job which he didn't know beforehand. So essentially you *could* read into that the board have led him up the garden path and then pulled his trousers down and laughed at his willy.

• Like 3

Every press conference Pete (I assume Colley) and our press guy seem to be winding each other up, was only a matter of time before this happened...

Edited by mwj

4 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

I wonder is Remi's reluctance to go with youth to supposedly protect them is a good sign that he feels he'll be here for next season? His comments about getting a pre-season with Grealish also suggest he's up for it.

Did he say this in today's press conference? I don't remember seeing that part

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

He'll leave this summer, almost certainly, he'd be a madman not to. I think he will, however, join a rarefied group of managers who left Villa Park and went on to succeed. Usually they leave and the career tumbles down but I'm pretty sure he'll go on to be successful somewhere else.

In respect of the press conference walk out, if that's what actually occurred, I'm not that surprised. Whilst he's always been very measured and professional with the press, he is known to have a temper and had a reputation as an authoritarian, it's not a shock that his professional side might slip under the pressures at the moment.

Joe Mercer left Villa and later won the league at Man City and managed England. Turner went on and did pretty well at wolves, Yes in gerneral its true though because they are normally burnt out after their experience at Villa

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Joe Mercer left Villa and later won the league at Man City and managed England. Turner went on and did pretty well at wolves, Yes in gerneral its true though because they are normally burnt out after their experience at Villa

Hence my saying he'd join a rarefied group who had successes after leaving.

4 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

I wonder is Remi's reluctance to go with youth to supposedly protect them is a good sign that he feels he'll be here for next season? His comments about getting a pre-season with Grealish also suggest he's up for it.

I saw the stuff about Grealish but not the more general piece about protecting youth. Do you have a link to that? I'd got the impression he just doesn't think the current youth players are good enough.

Absolutely unbelievable. Only at Aston Villa can the 'Press Officer' i.e. the guy who's is meant to control the flow of information and present the image of the club to the world, loose his cool and look like a complete amateur. It's Pete Colley FFS - he's hardly the brain of Britain. How hard is it to hire someone with some PR skills?

Â