The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

some leiceser fan on another forum, who is friends with a current villa player said he was talking to this so called friend and they were on about the state of the club. he also said garde is useless. true or not its clear the players dont really think much of him. i myself thinks garde has been useless and a big let down.

22 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Obviously someone at the club setting him up as another scapegoat. That the article claims Garde told the club he could keep the club up with the "current" squad is revealing. I wonder who is feeding these stories to the Telegraph - Hollis/Lerner?

• Like 1

I don't think there is even a question of him being here next season.

Rigid Remi although handed a very bad hand hasn't really gave anything tangible you could say in his favour, apart from being a nice guy.

The players aren't playing for him and that's on the man himself, no one else. 

Although the telegraph have highlighted the toxic clique Gabby Agbonlahor, Alan Hutton, Leandro Bacuna, Ciaran Clark, Brad Guzan, Mark Bunn, Richards and Lescott.

These players are absolutely words removed but ultimately the manager as in any work place needed to nip this in the bud. 

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 2

Well i've heard the opposite.Some bloke i know has a good friend who is at BH on a regular basis, he has told him that RG is an excellent coach, but the players fail to be able to carry out his instructions, either because of lack of ability, or lack of understanding.

I think its a rubbish article, "senior players"? are complaining about lack of criticism?...Gabby, Richards, Lescott and Guzan?, they have been faultless haven't they?

I would like RG to have an opportunity to buy his own players, but if he goes, hey ho.

• Like 1

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villas-players-believe-remi-7480436

The Villans look doomed to relegation and members of the squad now expect the Frenchman to either be sacked or quit at the end of a dismal season

Aston Villa's players believe boss Remi Garde will be among those to leave the club in the massive overhaul looming at the end of the season.

Frenchman Garde has won just three matches out of 20 since succeeding Tim Sherwood as manager in November.

Villa are surely doomed to relegation, with just 16 points from 28 games after their 3-1 loss at home to Everton on Tuesday night.

Chief executive Tom Fox publicly insisted in December that Villa intended to stick with Garde, even in the event of relegation.

But MirrorSport understands members of the club’s squad are now expecting the former Lyon boss to either quit or be sacked in the summer.

Villa - whose fans staged a massed protest walkout after 74 minutes of the Everton defeat - did not make any signings in the January transfer window, and new chairman Steve Hollis is conducting a review of club operations.

The squad are expecting big changes in the playing ranks and management staff ahead of a Championship campaign.

But before Villa can reshape their squad and management team, the club’s woes are likely to get worse with games against title-chasing sides Manchester City and Spurs next up.

Defender Micah Richards said: “It’s more tough games coming up - Man City and Spurs - it’s not getting any easier. I know it’s hard for everyone associated with the club, especially the fans.

“I feel their pain because Aston Villa - in this situation - it’s hard to take. Not just for the fans but for the players as well.

“When people say that it doesn’t hurt us, as players, that hurts the most, because we don’t want to go out and lose every week.

"After the Liverpool game, when we capitulated [in a 6-0 home defeat], we tried to fight as much as we could, but Everton’s quality in the end showed.”

32 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

I don't think there is even a question of him being here next season.

Rigid Remi although handed a very bad hand hasn't really gave anything tangible you could say in his favour, apart from being a nice guy.

The players aren't playing for him and that's on the man himself, no one else. 

Although the telegraph have highlighted the toxic clique Gabby Agbonlahor, Alan Hutton, Leandro Bacuna, Ciaran Clark, Brad Guzan, Mark Bunn, Richards and Lescott.

These players are absolutely words removed but ultimately the manager as in any work place needed to nip this in the bud. 

I like the bit where you called him rigid Remi. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

The players on the pitch can't make simple passes, the defense make amateur errors, strikers can't score, an people are blaming the manager. You can't teach a professional footballer how to play football, if players like Lescott an Richards can't do the basics, Remi is gonna have huge problem training them to be match winners.

As for Hollis, saying he is gonna shape up the club, sacking Fox and others, Answer me one question. How the F**** is a guy who has never been in football, an probably can't even play it, gonna make our club any better. He has no idea what this club needs, the example was not bringing any players in January. The guys a dim wit, an like Faulkner, way out of his league.

• Like 4

If he doesn't want to stay, then good riddance. His attitude of publicly announcing things like he doesn't have the quality in the team and he does not have the team motivated. How is that going to help? It may be true but it's also a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

We need a Graham Taylor mk1

Edited by villanwesty88

23 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

has he ever had the dressing room?

Your right I don't think he has, normally a new manger will give a team an up lift in results or performances but from day 1 of his appointment it has been completely flat! Time to go... I don't want him here now yet alone next season. Sorry Remi you seem like a damn nice guy but, bye!

There was no spark when lambert and sherwood arrived either.

we don't get the new manager spark because the football club is toxic. It's fundamentally **** from top to bottom.

• Like 2

On 2 March 2016 at 14:24, ferguson1 said:

Whilst I agree with you to a point about planning now for next year, it is difficult if firstly you arn't sure who may remain within your playing staff?  All well and good a player saying "I want to stay" but if good offers are received we will take them, make no mistake about that!  Secondly, the current manager may not be here, either because he walks or the club have a change of heart about him.  Just too many if's and but's I'm afraid to make any real plans.

Who knows what will happen in the summer but by dropping the likes of Richards Lescott Hutton Gabby etc it'd improve the attitude of the team and also give game time to players who we want to stay even if they don't. You can only plan for the people you want to stay. 

Telegraph story is a load of BS if you ask me. Is Mark Bunn a long serving player is he? Why would Bunn have any beef with Garde? He gave him a run in the side ffs. Sam Wallace is a pal of Sherwood too. 

• Like 2

The whole issue is the fact we keep changing managers and we need stability

I agree we've had some complete and utter losers in the past few years that needed to go and were out of their depth but i genuinely believe Garde is not one of them

How many of his own players has he signed since he's been here?

How many preseasons has he had?

Judging him with the current shit team he's inherited is a joke tbh he came in and had a team that had zero confidence had a rubbish preseason and that doesnt even look match fit even now he could not get his first choice backroom staff and was not allowed to bring in any quality during the January window he then even had to deal with Ayew getting suspended for 3 games due to his own gross stupidity

I said it at the start of the season that if we didn't replace Benteke with genuine quality and relied on Gabby or Gestede this season we would be relegated no matter what manager came in and i was proved right.

Changing Garde is not the answer and i dread to think what loser is going to come in next probably Neil Warnock or Paul Jewell be careful what you wish for

There's also no doubt in my mind that the so called players that are questioning Garde's management style currently are exactly the overpaid primadonna's that have got us in this situation in the first place and are a disgrace to this football club.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 3

Â