The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

13 hours ago, TRO said:

I think you are being disingenuous towards Pearson.....It's essentially his team.

It is his team.

But with that team Pearson scraped Premier League survival.

Ranieri is winning the league.

Doesn't matter if you see it as Pearsons team or not, the fact is that Ranieri, with a couple of additions/adjustments has got them where they are.

Is the fact that you call it Pearsons team an endorsement of his recruitments, or a criticism of his management?

The fact that Ranieri can get them so much higher than Pearson is not something, if i was Pearson, that i would be particularly comfortable with tbh.

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It is his team.

Depends where the demarcation lines are drawn.

in the later half of last season the form shown by Pearsons team was not too dissimilar to what Ranieri has achieved this year.

It could be argued that the work in progress that Pearson was dealing with during the relegation form was moving to wards the eventual form he acheived. furthermore not taking anything away from Ranieri.....but there is nothing to suggest that Pearson could not have acheived what Ranieri has.

Its all opinions of course and what value they have.

I have no reason to think Pearson is anything special....Although I would be a fool to ignore his work at Leicester.

.....but I equally see no reason to suspect that he isn't.

Edited by TRO

11 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Doesn't matter if you see it as Pearsons team or not, the fact is that Ranieri, with a couple of additions/adjustments has got them where they are.

Is the fact that you call it Pearsons team an endorsement of his recruitments, or a criticism of his management?

The fact that Ranieri can get them so much higher than Pearson is not something, if i was Pearson, that i would be particularly comfortable with tbh.

That is hypothetical.....How do you know, that had Pearson still been there he would have continued his wonderful run, just like Ranieri is doing.

just because they are 2 different characters, doesn't mean the results would not have continued.

as much as it cannot be proved it equally cannot be denied.

Edited by TRO

21 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Um, why are we talking about Pearson and Ranieri?

Is there any credible suggestion that Pearson may replace Garde?

If so, I've missed it.

Just a thought.....nothing more, nothing less.

In the position we are in and the position Leicester are in( after he generally built the team)..it might have crossed someone's mind.

I'll be honest, I don't like Pearson. I'd be happy if he never worked anywhere again and I suspect if he worked in any other industry he'd have been looking at more than dismissal for some of the things he's done - he's a bully and a nasty character.

it's easy to look at where we are and say that maybe a nasty bully is what we need, but I don't think that's what it's about - it needs someone who can carefully construct a proper squad, someone who can, over the next three or four seasons find young players with the right attitudes who want to be here and get together enough of them so that we're a proper football club - it's a massive job, huge. I'm not sure it'll be achieved by grabbing the occasional player around the throat.

Grade has all the characteristics to do it I believe - sadly I think he'll prove I'm right by quitting in the next few weeks - the club isn't ready for a manager who can help it.

• Like 3

Thats true TRO, but i think the permanent signing of Huth, who i advocated in the summer we should have been in for, and the signing of Kante have been the difference this season.

Would we have won the European Cup under Saunders?....who cares, we did win it, everything is hypothetical.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'll be honest, I don't like Pearson. I'd be happy if he never worked anywhere again and I suspect if he worked in any other industry he'd have been looking at more than dismissal for some of the things he's done - he's a bully and a nasty character.

it's easy to look at where we are and say that maybe a nasty bully is what we need, but I don't think that's what it's about - it needs someone who can carefully construct a proper squad, someone who can, over the next three or four seasons find young players with the right attitudes who want to be here and get together enough of them so that we're a proper football club - it's a massive job, huge. I'm not sure it'll be achieved by grabbing the occasional player around the throat.

Grade has all the characteristics to do it I believe - sadly I think he'll prove I'm right by quitting in the next few weeks - the club isn't ready for a manager who can help it.

Interesting post, I personally think the exact opposite. I think Garde is weak and is being walked all over. He doesn't know what to do in my opinion and to me seems to keep saying I'm trying but there is nothing I can do. He seems to have no ideas and keeps saying the players don't try or listen to me what more can I do. I think in a way he has been lucky in a way due to the turmoil at the club at present ad I think it is masking the fact that he is actually a very poor manager. I know he is working under difficult circumstances but I don't think he is very good under pressure. He walked out of Lyon because they were cutting costs and kept selling players so he walked, a new manager came in and they sold another 8 players that summer but instead of being 5th they finished 2nd. Given the position we were in I think he was a dreadful appointment. He doesn't inspire me one bit especially when I hear him talk in interviews.  Apart from seeming like a very nice chap indeed I'm afraid I just dont see anything else in him what so ever that I like. 

• Like 1

Any manager that comes here at the moment has to be a massive character, sadly he cannot expect just to bully few players, he has to take on the board as well. Player committees useless press guys poor coaches and all the evils that haunt  villa perk, that's one for the journey men.  What pearson did at leicster was get the club into shape, ready for a ranieri  to take it on and put the touches to a capable team. Not saying it has to be pearson but we need to follow that type of game plan and get a tough nut in.  

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I am so sure that I hate Pearson.

Just in the same way as you hated Sherwood, or slightly different.

do you just base your opinions of football managers on the hateometer?

9 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Thats true TRO, but i think the permanent signing of Huth, who i advocated in the summer we should have been in for, and the signing of Kante have been the difference this season.

Would we have won the European Cup under Saunders?....who cares, we did win it, everything is hypothetical.

Que sera sera then.

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

you often seem to reflect my thoughts and ramblings into a well thought out, concise couple of paragraphs. I agree wholeheartedly.

47 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure it'll be achieved by grabbing the occasional player around the throat.

Like Martin O'Neill did to Reo Coker.

I think you're right.....no place for Bullies.

Edited by TRO

22 minutes ago, KHV said:

Interesting post, I personally think the exact opposite. I think Garde is weak and is being walked all over. He doesn't know what to do in my opinion and to me seems to keep saying I'm trying but there is nothing I can do. He seems to have no ideas and keeps saying the players don't try or listen to me what more can I do. I think in a way he has been lucky in a way due to the turmoil at the club at present ad I think it is masking the fact that he is actually a very poor manager. I know he is working under difficult circumstances but I don't think he is very good under pressure. He walked out of Lyon because they were cutting costs and kept selling players so he walked, a new manager came in and they sold another 8 players that summer but instead of being 5th they finished 2nd. Given the position we were in I think he was a dreadful appointment. He doesn't inspire me one bit especially when I hear him talk in interviews.  Apart from seeming like a very nice chap indeed I'm afraid I just dont see anything else in him what so ever that I like. 

I Find it hard to blame Remi......but. I equally find it hard to not see see your point of view.

The good manager that he supposed to be has not been proved and arguably he has not been given the right support for us to find out.

It really is a buggers muddle.

28 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Who cares.....we didn't sign him.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It is his team.

I'm struggling a little here Stevo, with why you seem to wish to belittle Pearson's achievements with Leicester. I really don't think they scraped survival last season, anything but in my opinion, in fact i would go as far as to say they finished the season in title winning form and have carried on in a similar vein. If you don't like him as a person then that's fair enough, I don't either for the record, however I think he did a terrific job with Leicester and feel he could do similar things at VP.

Â