The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Hughton, Moyes, Rowett, maybe even try to poach Alex Neil from Norwich. There are definitely a few managers out there that could replace Garde (if he leaves), and give us a realistic chance of promotion.

Have a feeling Alex Neil will be next manager sacked in the league so he might be available but not sure it be right move at moment

1 hour ago, VillaBrum said:

Correct me, if I am wrong - but I was under the impression that Sherwood complained that he did not have the final say. It seemed that an unseen committee chose who was going to be signed.

No he didn't. 

The media did.

23 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Rowett for me - I'd prefer Garde to stay though.

Being relegated is bad enough, I don't want another nose here!

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

Being relegated is bad enough, I don't want another nose here!

If he left them there's a good chance they'd be relegated..... That would be a nice turn around of events next season - we pinch their manager and he gets us promoted while they go into freefall. Would be a nice way to bring closure to the McLeish debacle too.

1 hour ago, VillaBrum said:

Correct me, if I am wrong - but I was under the impression that Sherwood complained that he did not have the final say. It seemed that an unseen committee chose who was going to be signed.

I think he mentioned that to his friends in the press.  As far as I'm aware he made a list of players he wanted, so did the scouts, then they worked out who was affordable and likely to come.  The likes of Adama and Ilori I believe he mentioned knowing about from his days at Spurs youth team.  I think it was pretty much how most teams expect to do their business nowadays but Tim wanted to alleviate himself of the blame when the results went tits up, picking his teams without any of the new signings to ram home the point before he got sacked, with more than enough leaks in the press to make him look like the victim.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Check the part of your post I underlined and was obviously referring to, that Riley has a history of signing shit players. The article does not support that, in fact indicates the opposite, so I asked if you had any basis for that comment.

Have you seen our current squad??

3 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Pearson is a bully. We've had problems with them before.

If he came in, I would hazard a guess that promotion would be just as likely as a Houllier-style squad bust-up, which is just what you need when you're chasing promotion.

With the bunch of prima donnas we have in our dressing room I think a bully like Pearson is exactly what we need.

I cannot imagine Garde tearing into any player I am afraid.

The players have completely given up playing for him. Not all his fault but it's also not a great sign. The problem is how does this help for our challenge next season. Will they play for him next year? Can he trust them? I can't imagine the rest of this year is going to form a strong bond between squad and manager

The players never played for Sherwood either. Maybe they are all just a bunch of words removed.

• Like 1

rumours he's wanted back at Lyon then ...Please let it be true

Moyes for me  .. yeah I've always criticised his brand of thug football but we are going to be in the Championship where it's needed if we want to get out

had we appointed him after Tim , I suspect we'd have seen a bit more fight out of the players as well , though of course it's impossible to measure these hypertheticals

Moyes would not join a championship, especially our team, as there is a very good chance that we will have a very poor season next season and it would destroy the little reputation he has left. Rodgers is in a similar position. They are on a thin line of having their reputation destroyed and Villa are just a to big of a risk for them.

The only managers we have a chance of bringing in are risks, young and untested that see us as a stepping stone. Or managers that are very desperate, for example McClaren when he gets sacked from Newcastle (I would hunt down Lerner if we appoint the god awful McClaren). My personal choice would be Rowett, as he has shown he can work in the championship, Birmingham is also a badly run club similarly to ours with a much worse playing staff, he has still managed to do okay. Also seems like a likable passionate manager. Knows the lower leagues well, so could possibly bring in a bargain or two (We won't be signing any star players this summer, would be surprised to see any foreign players join us) 

• Like 1

I'll reiterate this again - sacking Garde to bring Pearson in would be foolish, because Pearson's coaching staff are still at Leicester, and they're very much the ones behind the success they are having (along with Ranieri being a good manager, Pearson is not a good manager).

Â