The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

29 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Remi is frustrated and close to whistle blowing the whole lot, I think that's reason the PR guy stepped in. Remi's not afraid to tell them how it is. Seems he is just waiting for an excuse to F*** off. Fair play I say, it seems the board have shit all over him.

I Sincerely hope he does.....somebody needs to.....he seems like the only one with balls.

but it will cost him....that's the bloody irony.

ps he may do it for the fans, because I think he feels for them.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

he seems like the only one with balls.

but it will cost him...

When at Lyon, keeping them close to the top of the league table despite the board selling their top players, he offered to resign there and then if the board chose to sell a player he saw as a crucial cog in his 1st 11. They backed down. 

I certainly don't think he lacks balls, and if he chooses to walk we might hear an interesting tale. If he's fired, I think he's too honourable to tell any tales. I don't believe any payoff clauses would be a factor.

5 minutes ago, TB said:

When at Lyon, keeping them close to the top of the league table despite the board selling their top players, he offered to resign there and then if the board chose to sell a player he saw as a crucial cog in his 1st 11. They backed down. 

I certainly don't think he lacks balls, and if he chooses to walk we might hear an interesting tale. If he's fired, I think he's too honourable to tell any tales. I don't believe any payoff clauses would be a factor.

That's precisely what I said....he has balls, probably the only one at the club.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

That's precisely what I said....he had balls, probably the only one at the club.

Yes, absolutely agree. We might hope that some others will be able to grow a pair.

• Like 1

If Remi was to walk......

Under the circumstances we are in, most of the pundits would approve of Nigel Pearson as a replacement....it would be a logical fit.

how some are so vigorously against it baffles me as much as some of the decisions our hierarchy have made to date.

46 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

The PR fellow managed to make a tricky situation worse than it was. Not great from a PR chap, that.

I suspect treating the media in such a way over the past few years has contributed to the crap that we take from the likes of BBC who are revelling in our downfall. We need be making friends - not creating more enemies.

I'm going to have to pick up on a point here. There is no anti-Villa agenda in the media, BBC or otherwise. Please stop trying to speculate there is. 

Now in terms of the Villa PR machine there very much is an agenda. I am very close to saying I've had enough and unfollowing the club on social media. I can't stand the positive spin they keep putting on everything and as someone who has a lot of knowledge about how these things work I should know to ignore it but I can't. Not when fans are being mugged off a customers. 

• Like 1

The only bits of anti villa I have seen is where pundits are so taken aback at events during our games it has rendered them to chuckles.

Thats not anti- villa

Thats the absurd level of football we have stooped too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

Under the circumstances we are in, most of the pundits would approve of Nigel Pearson as a replacement....it would be a logical fit.

how some are so vigorously against it baffles me as much as some of the decisions our hierarchy have made to date.

Replacing Garde with Pearson would be a logical fit? In what way? To me, that's like replacing Houllier with McLeish. A total about-face. I fail to see anything logical whatsoever about it. Unless the logic is: ok, now we've tried a calm, reasonable manager. That didn't work very well, now, did it? Maybe we should try the total opposite?

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

Pearson will be a very divisive figure if he ends up at Villa. Whatever happens in the end, certainly the beginning of a Pearson tenure at Villa would not unite everyone behind the club.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

the same pundits that would still have given Sherwood more time?

19 minutes ago, TB said:

Replacing Garde with Pearson would be a logical fit? In what way? To me, that's like replacing Houllier with McLeish. A total about-face. I fail to see anything logical whatsoever about it. Unless the logic is: ok, now we've tried a calm, reasonable manager. That didn't work very well, now, did it? Maybe we should try the total opposite?

He's not totally opposite, he is different granted and I did say  IF Remi goes.

I am not blaming Remi for any of this mess, but I am equally waiting to see the nailed on success story some folk think he is......it is still to be proved for me.

I like Remi and I hope it works for him.....I will continue to support him despite the painful results.....but I think Remi is more likely to improve the style of an already decent side as opposed to a grass roots rebuild.

We have a soft underbelly that will take some repairing.....I am unsure Remi is the right man for that.

Nigel Pearson is equally a gamble, but so would just about every manager with a pulse be.....He has experience and can work with modest budgets, he builds resilience and balance, his teams are robust and work hard.

many things we can only wish for......is it so unlikely a choice? I don't think so.

All these managers we have had over the years, was they so similar or so much different.....They were just themselves.

I wouldn't have chosen Houllier or McLeish, but I'll bet their different playing style was not considered in McLeish's appointment .......it was primarily austerity.

47 minutes ago, TB said:

The logic you fail to see is.......he's done it before with modest funds

so there is a chance he could do it again, with that experience.

Chance being the operative word, because previous managers gave not had that claim.

However, we have a manager and I will support him until he goes.

53 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Pearson will be a very divisive figure if he ends up at Villa. Whatever happens in the end, certainly the beginning of a Pearson tenure at Villa would not unite everyone behind the club.

If he delivered winning football........are you having a laugh?

I would hazard a guess that many posters on here would have baulked at Ron Saunders appointment, had they been around at the time.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

If he delivered winning football........are you having a laugh?

If you read what I posted I said that the beginning of a Pearson tenure wouldn't unite everyone.

Just from this forum it obvious he's pretty marmite.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Yes, it is, despite the fact Ranieri has done a great job too

......and I can't quite understand the opposition to the proposal either,are we that blessed that we could arrogantly dismiss it.

not saying he would take it by the way.....or it would work for us, but it would be feasible.

this is the guy who has presided over a revival we could only dream of and had a scout in Steve Walsh we would die for.

perhaps his personality is not to everyone's liking.....the mind boggles.

To say Ranieri has done a "great job" is a massive, massive understatement. If they win the league it is one of the greatest managerial achievements in history. All time. Yes, Pearson gave them a major kick up the arse from March last season, but to continue that run under a new manager for a further 28 games after a summer break is nothing short of phenomenal. 

It's too late fro Pearson now. We are long gone. But next summer? I probably would take him yes. Because poor Remi is done for, absolutely no question. He's just waiting for the axe. 

I wish him all the best for the future. I think there's a good manager in there. 

1 minute ago, TRO said:

The logic you fail to see is.......he's done it before with modest funds

so there is a chance he could do it again, with that experience.

Chance being the operative word, because previous managers gave not had that claim.

However, we have a manager and I will support him until he goes.

No, I know he's done it before. Although he almost threw it away in the first part of the season. But it's not about a desperate 'trying to saving this season' appointment anymore. Been there, done that. It didn't work. A club looking to be stable and successful should have a long-term view and a long-term philosophy. If a manager leaves, the club should look to bring in someone able to build on what's already available. Veering from one strategy to the very opposite just won't work, unless you have the equivalent of the Norwegian oil fund (or the Saudi equivalent) at your disposal, and a cunning (and foolproof) way of circumventing the FFP...

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

To say Ranieri has done a "great job" is a massive, massive understatement. If they win the league it is one of the greatest managerial achievements in history. All time. Yes, Pearson gave them a major kick up the arse from March last season, but to continue that run under a new manager for a further 28 games after a summer break is nothing short of phenomenal. 

It's too late fro Pearson now. We are long gone. But next summer? I probably would take him yes. Because poor Remi is done for, absolutely no question. He's just waiting for the axe. 

I wish him all the best for the future. I think there's a good manager in there. 

To date.... I would say Ron Saunders did a better job.....because he built his side.

but yes Claudio has done a fantastic job and I hope they go on to win it.

but just remember Ron's assistant went on the win the European cup and the European super cup......and Don't forget the phenomenal job Cloughie did.

Pearson would represent a different approach than Remi and one that may be more appropriate in the championship.

5 minutes ago, TB said:

No, I know he's done it before. Although he almost threw it away in the first part of the season. But it's not about a desperate 'trying to saving this season' appointment anymore. Been there, done that. It didn't work. A club looking to be stable and successful should have a long-term view and a long-term philosophy. If a manager leaves, the club should look to bring in someone able to build on what's already available. Veering from one strategy to the very opposite just won't work, unless you have the equivalent of the Norwegian oil fund (or the Saudi equivalent) at your disposal, and a cunning (and foolproof) way of circumventing the FFP...

It's not saving us that attracts me to him as a manager......it's his team building with low budgets and his no non sense , high tempo style of football. The knowledge of the lower leagues and the players in it.

long term philosophy?........I'd have the Leicester style any day of the week.

We are not going to appoint a manager with the European philosophy of turning us in to a mirror of Barcelona.....it's pie in the sky, if anyone is contemplating that.

FFS STOP TALKING ABOUT NIGEL PEARSON

He has gotten one club promoted once in 10+ years of management, and he's about as mental as a Vinnie Jones character in a Guy Richie film.

No. Just no.

• Like 1

Â