The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

40 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

rumours he's wanted back at Lyon then ...Please let it be true

Moyes for me  .. yeah I've always criticised his brand of thug football but we are going to be in the Championship where it's needed if we want to get out

had we appointed him after Tim , I suspect we'd have seen a bit more fight out of the players as well , though of course it's impossible to measure these hypertheticals

villa fan i play football with told me he was doing some work at moyes' sociedad assistants house and that we had flown out to see him about 2 weeks before he was sacked, said he turned us down because he was enjoying his "project" out there

also said he's had talks with a chinese club about a mega money move

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Erm the question been answered about three times so have no idea why your continuing this?

You throw out a comment, and then cannot substantiate it, that is why. But you are right, we have posted enough about this.

55 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

rumours he's wanted back at Lyon then ...Please let it be true

Moyes for me  .. yeah I've always criticised his brand of thug football but we are going to be in the Championship where it's needed if we want to get out

had we appointed him after Tim , I suspect we'd have seen a bit more fight out of the players as well , though of course it's impossible to measure these hypertheticals

Lyon must be really really desperate!

I think Moyes is finished now, I don't think he will ever reach the heights he did at Everton again.

• Like 1

Moyes is a non starter he is not dropping out of Prem League

You need to go for the likes of Rowlett who has done a good job with smaller clubs with minimal funds or a proven manager who can get promotion.The acceptance needs to be we are unlikely to employ ( assuming Remi goes ) a manager who going to excite us long term.We need someone who can do one job , get us promoted and if that means lumping it forward to Gestede to score headers or buying experienced champ level / former prem level players then so be it. 

Right now, regarding whether Garde goes or stays, I'm not too bothered either way. However, my inclination is that we have had far too many changes in recent times and probably need to steady the ship.

Final point is that I think it's important for us all to remember that this manager has not signed any players during his time here. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Many said that Sherwood earned the right to have a preseason and at the time I agreed.

I don't think a well run club would have allowed that though. You just don't let an inexperienced manager have the final say on our biggest squad overhaul in Premier League history.

It doesn't matter how inexperienced Sherwood was/is. I would still have preferred him to have the final say on his signings, as opposed to the likes of Reilley.

I think Garde deserves a chance to actually have a go at some point, he's not had a chance so far has he? Squad is not his and is dire. I'd love to see him backed properly in the summer, if he leaves I think it will be one we regret when we see him do well somewhere else under better working conditions than here. 

The ball is squarely in the board's court, looks like Fox is a goner, So will Lerner/Hollis have the balls to back him or not? My guess is not and we start looking for a new manager in June.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

It doesn't matter how inexperienced Sherwood was/is. I would still have preferred him to have the final say on his signings, as opposed to the likes of Reilley.

I wasn't suggesting Riley.It should have been another manager.

5 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I wasn't suggesting Riley.It should have been another manager.

Got you.

I was personally right behind Sherwood. He had given us a great end to the season and a cup final out of the blue. The last 3 games were appalling admittedly but I felt he'd done enough prior to that to justify a pre-season.

With the benefit of hindsight, it was probably the worst pre-season in our entire history to have an opportunity to buy. We were dire, known throughout the football world to be dire, our wage structure was poor and we'd just lost our best 4 players. Who in their right frame of mind would have wanted to sign for us?

That said, its looking like the 2 French players Sunderland signed in Jan are better than any of the ones we bought in the summer.

I don't know why so many are sure that Moyes wouldn't drop down a league. Big Sam did, and he had a fairy decent reputation as a Premier League manager.

If we gave him enough money and convinced him that we aim to be back in one season, he could see this as the perfect job to rebuild his reputation. If he got us back up the first time of asking, I'd be pretty confident he could re-stabilise us in the Premier League.

By the way - the (apparent) bully I was referring to was Karsa, as he's the most recent one I think had a supposed detrimental impact, which I think Pearson could replicate.

Looks like he's not coming back

Aston Villa’s relegation-bound squad is split damagingly into two factions with many of the longer-serving players openly questioning manager Remi Garde’s reluctance to challenge or criticise any of the squad in the aftermath of defeats, Telegraph Sport has learned.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/12182723/Aston-Villa-squad-split-in-two-as-senior-players-openly-question-Remi-Gardes-management-style.html

When stuff like this starts hitting the press, it's usually the beginning of the end.

clearly a player leaking this shit and with that, thank you and goodnight remi

3 minutes ago, tomaspg said:

not a single quote makes me think its mainly made up BS

John Percy is one of very few journos I believe. Not the sort to put this out there for the sake of it

Â