Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

So the rumour about the guy from Metz Samy Kehli has changed to say he's turned us down for Sunderland and will sign for them tomorrow for €2m.  It'll be funny to see if it happens and something to keep an eye on.

Richards out and Debuchy in would be great business and if we got a striker as well then it would higher my expectation levels of us staying up by 1%. 

35 minutes ago, John said:

24 hours left and counting down! I think we need Jack Bauer in to try and get any deal(s) done before the deadline. 

As for Doumbia Newcastle's first choice is clearly Berahino but they will take him if that is all they can get. I wish him well should he sign for them rather than for us on that basis (not).   

Nope, I've tried but all the players would prefer a bullet to the brain...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

So the rumour about the guy from Metz Samy Kehli has changed to say he's turned us down for Sunderland and will sign for them tomorrow for €2m.  It'll be funny to see if it happens and something to keep an eye on.

Richards out and Debuchy in would be great business and if we got a striker as well then it would higher my expectation levels of us staying up by 1%. 

the default position of any transfer to us, is we are losing out to another club, some of which is just conjecture.

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'd definitely consider it... wouldn't go as far as saying I'd bin him off... 

No, sorry. Can't keep a straight face there. 

I don't hold the same strong feelings that you do - I think he's had a few good games - but at this point we have to consider whether he offers value for money, which to my mind he clearly doesn't, especially when our 'best' performances this season have come with him out of the team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, briggsy said:

I'm surprised we're not in for Jordan Rhodes

He would definitely come and we would have the championship's most proven goalscorer to fire us out the league next season

Could maybe get him a bit cheaper than the £11m Middlesbrough were going to pay by giving them Gestede back on loan for the rest of this season as well

I think Rhodes could do better than us at the moment imo. We got the wrong striker from Blackburn in the summer.

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't hold the same strong feelings that you do - I think he's had a few good games - but at this point we have to consider whether he offers value for money, which to my mind he clearly doesn't, especially when our 'best' performances this season have come with him out of the team. 

I'd be surprised if the board doesn't ship him out; Garde doesn't seem to rate him much either and he's on 65k week (or say the media say).

We'd be left a little short on CBs, though and it's looking highly unlikely that we'll get anyone. 

A huge part of me was hopeful we would have done some business this past week - but because everyone at Villa from a board perspective has seemingly thrown in the towel, I now just hope that we start shifting some of the players over the next 24hrs or so. 

Sell them all!!!

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Sunderland in for Richards according to the Mail.

it would be stupid to sell anyone to our relegation rivals, but seeing as it seems unlikely we'll do anything to actually improve our chances of survival - selling them Richards is more likely to get them relegated than anything we could achieve.

In fact letting Richards and Lescott go would get two of the most expensive wages off the book

What's the point of getting wages off the book if the freed up wages aren't going to go towards new players :lol: . It's nothing to be optimistic about at all...unless you're Randy Lerner of course.    

• Like 1