Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Boro didn't pull the plug on the Rhodes deal due to his wage demands what so ever.

As far as the player himself was concerned he was on his way to Boro but Boro are in advanced talks to sign another striker that was dilly dallying and thought he was messing them around so they went for Rhodes. Now the other striker has decided "Hey wait a minute, I do want to play for Boro"....

8 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

anyone here take Dembele?

Edit: the Fulham striker-

Edit just seen that move to Spurs was off earlier.

#Dembele deal broke down because Spurs wanted him in squad straight away but Fulham wanted him loaned back #COYS #FFC #transfers

Edited by Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Stoke bidding £21m for Berahino, meanwhile at Villa...

Not that in our current predicament I expect us to do that, just highlights what could have been. 

Can't imagine Remi asking the board for a Darren Bent style signing but happy to be surprised. 

Not that in our current predicament I expect us to do that, just highlights what could have been. 

Where have you read that, i've read on bbc that Newcastle have bid 21m

12 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

They can have him. £21m for Berhaino is terrible business - we shouldn't be indulging in stuff like that.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

obviously we wont pay money to buy players but I think that he would have came here if we did make a bid. He needs out of that club

We've signed Steve Hollis. What more do we want?

Seriously though I keep checking in hope but the frustration just grows. We are a joke and is actually quite depressing. We should of had things in place as soon as the window opened. Whilst we aren't mathematically down we should be fighting. If anything the window came at a good time for us to push. We are fed rubbish all the time. Hollis says it isn't about money. What is his solution? I can see why the AVST meeting with Fox and Hollis weren't organised after the window closes because we'd want answers. Fox and Hollis have maneuvered out of that one.

• Like 1