Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

53 minutes ago, Mantis said:

They can have him. £21m for Berhaino is terrible business - we shouldn't be indulging in stuff like that.

I agree. If we were to spend 21m on a striker, if hope it wasn't Berahino. My point was just on the sheer amount being spent. 

Agree with what others have said about inflated fees/Berahino, but crikey what a truly depressing window! Best we can hope for now is a loan or two tomorrow by the looks of it. We are so lacking movement/pace etc in the final third it's untrue. What's the betting an hour before the window shuts we put an offer in for a player and make it public, knowing full well we don't stand a chance of getting it done - then someone from the club saying we tried!!

• Like 1

One thing we all have to agree on. Its going to be extremely poor in our position if we don't sign or loan anyone. It'll rubber stamp the fact they are planning for the Championship and have given up any chance of staying in this league.

They have give us no hope of staying in this league. So I for one will not be going to another game this season.

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

One thing we all have to agree on. Its going to be extremely poor in our position if we don't sign or loan anyone. It'll rubber stamp the fact they are planning for the Championship and have given up any chance of staying in this league.

They have give us no hope of staying in this league. So I for one will not be going to another game this season.

I am not even sure they are planning for the Championship to be honest. You would start that build now. It looks more like they are planning for a new lower quality manager to come in over the summer who can "work within the framework of the club" IE: on the cheap.

• Like 1

Good on you. Just need a few thousand more to realise they are being taken for mugs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pilchard said:

Nah. The one where we got rid of our best two players, replaced them with crap and went on to waste the money left over from replacing them was the worst window ever.

Given we've done that a few times it doesn't narrow it down !

• Like 1

Good on you. Just need a few thousand more to realise they are being taken for mugs.

It's too late, I've already bought and paid for my season ticket.

I shouldn't renew on principle, but on balance I feel like the team need my support. It's a tough one. I completely understand people voting with their feet at this stage, it's a **** joke.

I despise Lerner. Vehemently.

• Like 2

The issue for me is even if we go down our current squad would be at best average in the Championship, the same lack of quality will haunt us just as much in that division as it is now.

Appreciate Gestede would fair better and we would possibly have Amavi and Traore back. But really we struggled against Wycombe and we are likely to lose a few players to newly promoted/foreign or even mid table Premiership chancers when we go down.

Our youth system hasn't delivered anything significant in a long time, from the last lot I can't see Gardener, Robinson or Baker doing much, although who knows maybe they could end up the core of our team, would be a crap team but there you go. The up coming crop could fair better but none have even had loans yet.

I imagine a lot of players will have to leave before any funds are made available and it won't be all the funds.

But relegation or no relegation the balance of the squad is all wrong and that needs to be addressed. We don't even have players who can cross a ball let along ones that can score from that ball.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Just seen on Football Italia Nigel De Jong is in talks to move to MLS...shame as that sort would be a proper leader in midfield and we'd certainly go down fighting.

Amazing shout. We have been crying out for a player of his ilk for years. The MLS doesn't start until March so we could have struck some kind of deal IF we had a competent board.

• Like 1