Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Just now, Nabby said:

They also have Keane ,Gerrard ,Dos Santo and Cole I'm sure there is some limit  for designated players

I read that they arent renewing Gerrard deal when it expires at end of season. Van Damme is Wolves reject so doubt he be a DP

39 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

French Twitter rumours are linking us to Metz player Samy Kehli. 

He's been injured nearly all season by the looks of it but Duverne would know all about him as he was coach there before Villa so could be something in it. 

24 hours left and counting down! I think we need Jack Bauer in to try and get any deal(s) done before the deadline. 

As for Doumbia Newcastle's first choice is clearly Berahino but they will take him if that is all they can get. I wish him well should he sign for them rather than for us on that basis (not).   

I'm surprised we're not in for Jordan Rhodes

He would definitely come and we would have the championship's most proven goalscorer to fire us out the league next season

Could maybe get him a bit cheaper than the £11m Middlesbrough were going to pay by giving them Gestede back on loan for the rest of this season as well

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Sunderland in for Richards according to the Mail.

it would be stupid to sell anyone to our relegation rivals, but seeing as it seems unlikely we'll do anything to actually improve our chances of survival - selling them Richards is more likely to get them relegated than anything we could achieve.

In fact letting Richards and Lescott go would get two of the most expensive wages off the book

I dunno if they are playing him at CB I fancy us to finish above them ;)

Cant see Lescott or Richards going to be honest unless its stupid money. Plus Senderos has just been let go, so even less likely imo. Although these two havent set the world alight here, they are at least two regular senior players of the squad. Unless we have players better than these two lined up then it would be stupid to get rid of them as that would leave us with just Clark and Okore at CB and Hutton and possibly Debuchy at RB.

Could Debuchy be brought in for Richards?, i doubt it i think it means that Micah will play more at CB then he will at RB

Drive Richards up there if they're offering 5m, 60k a week will be unsustainable in the championship and in any case I reckon he's one of those with a relegation get out clause.

In any case our best performing back 4 this season dosen't have him in it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

it would be stupid to sell anyone to our relegation rivals, but seeing as it seems unlikely we'll do anything to actually improve our chances of survival - selling them Richards is more likely to get them relegated than anything we could achieve.

In fact letting Richards and Lescott go would get two of the most expensive wages off the book

If we even consider selling Richards to a club that are only 6 points ahead of us we are really throwing in the towel. It shows what the rest of the league thinks of us when the likes of Sunderland feel they can put in a cheeky bid for our current captain.

I'm sure Remi's response to a bid from Big Sam would have been "I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! ;)  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

As Richards is crap, selling him would actually weaken Sunderland as they would no doubt try and play him at centre half. Not that it'll help us as we are  going down whatever.

• Like 1