Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

How on Earth can changing a name to make a childish insult be classed as an opinion?

My opinion of Lambert was that he lost his way and became clueless.

He had his favourites who basically got away with everything and has been part of the problem we are now experiencing with some of our senior players.

Lambert made some very hasty and rash choices whilst he was manager of AVFC hence for the above reasons in my view he is a berk "AKA Lamberk"

Don't care if you don't like my opinions or views I'm not going to lose any sleep over it!

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Isn't it a no brainer?

Get relegated or spend 2.5m on an average fullbacks for 6 months....and get relegated?

Exactly, if anyone at the club thinks this is good value, it shows we've learnt **** all from the days of cost cutting under mcleish and giving s 35 year old keeper a 5 year £60kdeal 

• Like 1

Newcastle about to splash more cash it seems too. if they come down with us they'll easily have the best squad in the championship. if they don't come straight back up then they might be pushing the boat out a bit too far.

We on the other hand appear to have thrown the towel in, and will need a big summer to shake things up for a promotion push.

Be interesting to see which of these polar opposites turns out better long term. short term at least they are giving it a go.

I am envious of NUFC, but Ashley is the biggest spender in January for a reason, he wants to stay in the league. They always spend in January because they are always needing to stay in the league. Good luck to them.

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Newcastle about to splash more cash it seems too. if they come down with us they'll easily have the best squad in the championship. if they don't come straight back up then they might be pushing the boat out a bit too far.

We on the other hand appear to have thrown the towel in, and will need a big summer to shake things up for a promotion push.

Be interesting to see which of these polar opposites turns out better long term. short term at least they are giving it a go.

Be interesting to know the terms of these contracts Newcastle are offering. Ashley it seems is rolling the dice but then again they are not ten points adrift

Newcastle are trying their best to stay up, whilst we're trying our best to ensure whatever small chance we have of survival becomes no chance of survival. A firing squad for this board is the probably the most important signing we could make at this point. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, TRO said:

A full back is very important when you are building a team.....but as an impact to get results, not so sure about that.

I also think if we are still signing players for THEM to fulfill THEIR ambitions to play international football, are we really signing players for the right reasons....have we learnt anything about building spirit in to a side?

No class player is going to sign for us right now....we may as well get used to it, that train has gone.

We have to find and develop our own.....The more we find and the quicker we do it the more likely we are to hang on to them.....find one now and again i.e one every two or three seasons and we will lose them.

A full back is probably the most pointless signing we could make right now to be honest, given the lack of activity in other positions. 

Whoa it's heating up now, Debuchy should go to West Ham and we should either sign a striker or keep or money at this stage. I'd of been all for signing Debuchy earlier in the window if he came along with other signings but if your arguing over the fee at this stage then we might as well not bother. Poor Remi Garde has been hung draw and quartered by the fools above him

8 minutes ago, KHV said:

Be interesting to know the terms of these contracts Newcastle are offering. Ashley it seems is rolling the dice but then again they are not ten points adrift

They must have agreed to big cuts in wages on relegation. I cant help thinking that getting Remi a couple of players to work with might have helped us at least try and close the gap. Surely the sooner we start the Remi rebuild project the better?

7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

They must have agreed to big cuts in wages on relegation. I cant help thinking that getting Remi a couple of players to work with might have helped us at least try and close the gap. Surely the sooner we start the Remi rebuild project the better?

I don't think we'll get to see a Remi Rebuild Project - he'll either bow out at the end of the season, get sacked or agree to a 'mutual contract termination'

We'll then enter a period of hiring managers like Lee Clark who'll work for anyone and any cash no matter how little.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I don't think we'll get to see a Remi Rebuild Project - he'll either bow out at the end of the season, get sacked or agree to a 'mutual contract termination'

We'll then enter a period of hiring managers like Lee Clark who'll work for anyone and any cash no matter how little.

Happy days.

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I doubt they will fork out the money to sack Remi, plus I don't think they'd have any cause to.  I think another club might come in for him though.