Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

What did Garde say at 11 then?

Lescott and Richards going nowhere

Kallanic fell through cos of work permit

League position has made it hard to sign anyone (I find it hard to believe that they couldn't find ANYONE who could improve our squad)

Confirmed 'Financial Problems' for signing players

He spoke to Doumbia but couldn't convince him to sign

"Maybe late deals, why not?"

Just bullshit really. The bloke has put out some ridiculous team selections but for the team not to have a striker in it because of the board's running of this club. Unbelievable.

If they are looking to save money, how about getting rid of the crap scouting team that wasted £50million in the summer, and now no money is available, are surplus to requirements?

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 3

There are players in mid table championship clubs that could improve us.  So if we cant sign them now,  when we are still in the premier league and a remote chance of staying up,  how will we attract anyone in the summer?

• Like 3

We are truly screwed as a club.

Cant help but notice that any championship club with a semi-realistic chance of going up are going all out to sign players for £5M+. Just today Burnley are after a CB from Brentford for £6m. We aren't even in this market any more. Our financial health is not good enough to be in this market nahtrally and our owners/chairman won't gamble again. I didn't think it would actually happen but next Forest/Sheff Wed is actually on the cards and we'll be reminded that we should be grateful that we aren't a Pompey/Leeds. Ffs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Richard said:

There are players in mid table championship clubs that could improve us.  So if we cant sign them now,  when we are still in the premier league and a remote chance of staying up,  how will we attract anyone in the summer?

There will be a new excuse.
First it was wages. Then the fees. Then wages & the fees. Then league position. I didn't think they'd be so utterly stupid enough not to buy a striker to at least try to remain competitive, let alone look at getting promoted next year.

What incentive is there to anyone who isn't a season ticket holder to go to a game now - other than the loyalty angle which they have already leaned on for far too long? An uncompetitive team that has nobody capable of scoring goals even semi-regularly. This isn't a club that is run like it should be in the top division. They get everything the deserve. The fans aren't though - and that's what makes it heart breaking.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

We are truly screwed as a club.

Cant help but notice that any championship club with a semi-realistic chance of going up are going all out to sign players for £5M+. Just today Burnley are after a CB from Brentford for £6m. We aren't even in this market any more. Our financial health is not good enough to be in this market nahtrally and our owners/chairman won't gamble again. I didn't think it would actually happen but next Forest/Sheff Wed is actually on the cards and we'll be reminded that we should be grateful that we aren't a Pompey/Leeds. Ffs.

Is it though? Is our financial health really worse than Burnley? Or is this just a bullshit line from the tossers running the club (into the ground).

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 1

Just now, lexicon said:

Could hardly blame him - totally stitched up by the club this window. 

Totally, I find it very hard to believe that at his interview the board outlined the plan of giving him a budget of Randy's piabs and a scab off Hollis' arse to rebuild the squad in Jan. 

1 minute ago, Robbie09 said:

46 years as a STH and never until now thought of not renewing. Our owner and board have given up so maybe I should too?

I'm normally quite optimistic about all things AVFC but we really are in a very sorry state.

Lerner, Fox and Hollis should hang their heads in shame.

You're a better man than me because I gave up my season ticket last year after 25+ years because of what Lerner has done to our club. I just find it too painful to watch anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

The club is a mess.  It has been in a mess for years.  Think of the biggest mess a football club could be in,  and you are not even close.

Nope, Coventry City are worse by a long shot. Whilst we're shit, I think you're being incredibly dramatic again. 

• Like 1