Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I still respect the team, well most of them. There is just no ambition for the rest of the season, an that's what is keeping me away.

I'm not sure i can even manage that, there are only three or four players in any starting eleven who seem to put in any kind of effort or showcase any ability but rarely for two games in a row.

It's just upsetting that the ones that are any good are the ones who will probably be poached by other clubs in the close season, rather than us building on the experience/foundations that have been poorly laid.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

DDiD: don't blame you. I totally understand the quandary: you support the team wearing the shirt. Lerner should not confuse this with support for his shocking running of affairs atm.

Was watching the Championship Show on Channel 5 this morning (first time ever and in prep for next season) and they highlighted a banner displayed by the Charlton fans that I thought could also be aimed at Villa.

'Support the team!

Not the regime!'

• Like 3

I'm just numb with it all now.  I'll always be a Villa fan to the core, I'll stand there and defend them, I'll keep buying Villa stuff and watching the games but I'm truly going through the motions at the moment.  I don't look forward to the weekends anymore in relation to the Villa and it's a real chore and I rarely talk about the Villa at work (a fairly non-football conversational environment work place anyway).  

I came into the transfer window with the hope but not the expectation of getting a reasonable striker but nothing more.  I knew it would be hard given where we are at the moment, hard also because of the Lerner situation and hard because our competitors wanting the same things.  I'd prepared myself that nothing would happen.  I also knew that one or two players are very very unlikely to make any difference to our highly probable relegation.  

For me it wasnt about that, I was just hoping for something to pick me to get me through the remainder of the season. Either something to make the games more watchable, or a flair/trickster player or a player that could be of real help next season or just something............just something!!!!!  Something to cling onto something.....I'm hoping the final day brings something, but I'm resigned to nothing or more likely something really desperate like a fourth string nobody that will never get close to the first team during the second half of the season that we'll wonder why we purchased in the first place......

I want to be optimistic and I am generally an optimistic person but even my pessimistic times the Villa recently have failed to deliver.........

As ever, us fans will go again and continue to support our team........

• Like 1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/12132866/Seydou-Doumbia-snubs-Aston-Villa-to-join-Newcastle-United-until-end-of-season.html

Remi Garde has suffered another transfer knockout after Seydou Doumbia snubbed Aston Villa to join Newcastle United.

Doumbia was on Tyneside on Sunday night and is expected to join Newcastle on loan for the rest of the season, dealing another blow to Garde's hopes of making reinforcements.

Telegraph Sport can reveal that the Roma striker was Garde's No. 1 target for January and Villa's sporting director Hendrik Almstadt and Paddy Riley, the director of scouting and player recruitment, flew out to meet him in the Italian capital last week.

Garde had spoken extensively with Doumbia by telephone and Villa even offered Roma a bigger loan fee than Newcastle, yet the Ivory Coast international has still opted to join Steve McClaren's strugglers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/12132866/Seydou-Doumbia-snubs-Aston-Villa-to-join-Newcastle-United-until-end-of-season.html

Remi Garde has suffered another transfer knockout after Seydou Doumbia snubbed Aston Villa to join Newcastle United.

Doumbia was on Tyneside on Sunday night and is expected to join Newcastle on loan for the rest of the season, dealing another blow to Garde's hopes of making reinforcements.

Telegraph Sport can reveal that the Roma striker was Garde's No. 1 target for January and Villa's sporting director Hendrik Almstadt and Paddy Riley, the director of scouting and player recruitment, flew out to meet him in the Italian capital last week.

Garde had spoken extensively with Doumbia by telephone and Villa even offered Roma a bigger loan fee than Newcastle, yet the Ivory Coast international has still opted to join Steve McClaren's strugglers.

Well says it all really ..

We've clearly come to some sort of financial arrangement where we're letting out our scouts to Sunderland and Newcastle.

This is the kind of shrewd, out of the box, money making idea that Fox and Hollis are there for. We get a tenner for each signing they make from our referral.

£20 if we take it in Sports Direct vouchers.

• Like 2

Nursey reckons LA Galaxy will bid for Lescott as well

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/la-galaxy-ready-launch-deadline-7283730

LA Galaxy are prepared to test Aston Villa 's resolve over new skipper Joleon Lescott.

Former England centre-back Lescott, 33, joined Villa on a two-year deal last summer.

But despite recently being given the armband, the stopper has endured a difficult spell at the club he grew up supporting.

He was involved in a ugly row with supporters at League Two Wycombe in the FA Cup earlier this year.

Now MLS side Galaxy are prepared to give him a tempting three-year deal which has Lescott interested with Villa rooted to the bottom of the Premier League.

Galaxy, who already have former Premier League players Steven Gerrard , Robbie Keane and Ashley Cole in their squad, are looking to replace Omar Gonzalez who joined Mexican club Pachuca.

Lescott and Keane are big pals from their days together coming through the ranks at Wolves.

Lescott did not play in Villa's 4-0 home loss to Man City in the FA Cup on Saturday when afterwards boss Remi Garde bemoaned the inability of some of his stars to play three games in a week.

If LA Galaxy are unable to prise Lescott away from Villa Park this month they may return in the summer if the club are relegated.