Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Yeah, today won't be as interesting as past transfer windows.

Maybe we'll get rid of older, high-earning players in preparation for a rebuild over the summer.  We're basically accepting relegation, aren't we?

2 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

since its obvious we've given up on trying to survive we should try and sell whatever we can today in preparation for next season. 2mill and a possible 5-10mill for richards sounds pretty good.

Too bad no one seems interested in taking Winston Bogarde Gabriel Agbonlahor of our hands

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, today won't be as interesting as past transfer windows.

Maybe we'll get rid of older, high-earning players in preparation for a rebuild over the summer.  We're basically accepting relegation, aren't we?

The board are yes, I hadn't up until now which is why I am starting to get pretty angry about the whole situation. I am being forced to give up hope because the club already have. Argggghhhhhh! 

50 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Dare I say it - if we can get some decent money for Richards/get some daft prat to take N'Zogbia then it wouldn't be too bad a window.

On another forum for another team in the not too distant past the same sentenc(es) were written hoping that some dumb club would come in for them, that would be us then.

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Bbc announced that Seydou Doumbia to Newcastle has now been confirmed.

Say what you like about the money Newcastle are spending, Shelvey, Townsend, Saivet, Doumbia (loan) and (potentially) Berahino is a strong window for a club fighting relegation.

• Like 2

Just now, bobzy said:

Say what you like about the money Newcastle are spending, Shelvey, Townsend, Saivet, Doumbia (loan) and (potentially) Berahino is a strong window for a club fighting relegation.

Really hope it bites them in the arse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, penguin said:

How are Newcastle spending so much money, is FFP not a thing anymore? I thought that was our whole excuse for being tight bastards the last few seasons.

Sports Direct probably offered to sponsor their socks or something.

Just now, PieFacE said:

Yeah no chance of Newcastle going down with the signings they have made.  

Only way they're down is if it is too many signings and they can't get them to settle. But I reckon thye should have enough to overtake one of the three teams above them. They're only four points off 15th and have signed some decent players.

2 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Richards staying :(

what a brilliant window just gets better and better.  What we need now is Nzogbia to sign that two year extension we have the option on in his contract

• Like 3