Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

An extremely large number of US police officers are basically trained to shoot first. They are indoctrinated into thinking they are soldiers of good and the entire world is a battlefield and every single person they encounter is a bad guy in waiting who they need to kill lest he kills them at the first chance.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Yes, if in doubt, shoot them. 

I’ve just been reading about the first rule of law enforcement/complacency kills and it does look like that’s the case, scary Stuff

45 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yes, if in doubt, shoot them. 

Yeah basically. And I think it's usually very easy to get away with it if you've made an error.

"I thought he was reaching for a weapon" is basically a get out of jail free card.

You see lots of clips of people who record their encounters and hear the cops shout "WEAPON!" or "GUN!" when there's no hint of a weapon or gun and I'm guessing that's to cover their arse so it looks like they thought there was a weapon.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Comes across like complete amateurs. 

Agreed,  they look like teenagers at paint ball for the 1st time in most clips on TV.

It look's like literally anyone can be in the Police there,  if the selection process was copied in the UK then it would be the weird kid from every class at school you know,  the one who headbutted trees,  brought in weapons or set the school on fire would,  it seems be the ideal plod with a gun.

Its fairly obvious from the video that the "suspect" was going back to his car.  I completely understand the argument that he might have been going to get a weapon from the car.  But both officers had opportunity to stop him opening the car door.  If the officer had holstered his gun and rugby tackled him there was no way he'd have got back to the car.  It seems like the pre-occupation of keeping a gun pointing at him was more important than apprehending him.  There's good and bad in every occupation.  Its just unfortunate that bad cops literally have the power to get away with murder.    

Milwaukee Bucks are refusing to play the 5th game against Orlando in the NBA playoffs due to this latest police shooting. Apparently the Huston Rockets and Oklahoma Thunder are planning to do the same.

Nice to see these franchises putting pressure as Trump has been using sports starting again to take focus away from the Covid-19 disaster and the police shooting and racism.

The whole shut up and dribble thing is backfiring.  

2 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I just stayed up to watch the Lakers game 5 and they've also joined the boycott.

This gun stuff is starting to affect my life now and needs to stop.

Sounds like it's only going to get worse for you mate :lol:

Around 5 years ago I live in Ohio for a short time (yes it was awful) but I'll never forget listening to the radio about this particular case. The radio broadcast mentioned that Ohio police (at that time) didn't need to have finished their High School education to become an officer.

I was STAGGERED. Can you believe that you didn't even need to finish High School and have a GED in order to go to Police Academy?

Also here is the case in question.

A Cleveland police officer who stood on the hood of a car and fired his gun 49 times through the windshield at two unarmed passengers was on Saturday found not guilty on two counts of voluntary manslaughter.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/23/cleveland-officer-not-guilty-shot-137-times-police

In this case, the office didn't fire 7 shots into the back of someone like Wisconsin 2 nights ago. 

13 Cleveland police officers fired 137 shots into the car in an 18-second volley. 

The officer who was charged STOOD ON THE HOOD (BONNET) OF THE CAR and proceeded to fire another 15 shots through the windshield of the car after 137 bullets had already been fired into the car. His boot prints were on the hood WTF?

He got off. 

🤷‍♂️

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Its never gonna change while the gun laws are the way in the states.

You stop giving everyone access to a gun then you wont be so afraid that they are getting a gun to shoot you)as i assume this will be the polices argument why they shot him.)

Then you dont need to arm police with guns either

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Its never gonna change while the gun laws are the way in the states.

You stop giving everyone access to a gun then you wont be so afraid that they are getting a gun to shoot you)as i assume this will be the polices argument why they shot him.)

Then you dont need to arm police with guns either

It's kind of funny that they can't change their laws/constitution though. When you are stuck with a law from 1776 or whenever it's from, it's no surprise it doesn’t quite work in todays society. 

In fact can someone explain to me why on earth the amendment itself hasn't been changed? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's kind of funny that they can't change their laws/constitution though. When you are stuck with a law from 1776 or whenever it's from, it's no surprise it doesn’t quite work in todays society. 

In fact can someone explain to me why on earth the amendment itself hasn't been changed? 

Because its a hugely successful billion dollar industry, I might be wrong here but the import to export ratio is also incredibly high, they aren't importing their guns on the cheap from China 

But its initial intention is so out of date its incredible, they arent forming a militia, it's utter bollocks, Jim Jeffries is still right the only defence for owning a gun is the admission that you like guns

Â