Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

26 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Am I right in that you can buy guns in Walmarts?  

Yes. You can buy guns and ammo at a lot of Walmart stores. Walmart kinda markets itself as a store that sells everything. Pick up a rifle with the eggs and milk, as you do.

13 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Not from this year, but according to the CDC:

“In 2020, the most recent year for which complete data is available, 45,222 people died from gun-related injuries in the U.S., according to the CDC. That figure includes gun murders and gun suicides, along with three other, less common types of gun-related deaths tracked by the CDC”.

More people than can safely fit inside Villa Park :(

Linky

Yes, but we get to have fun shooting the crap out of tin cans and stuff with semi-automatic rifles on our back 40, so it's all worth it.  Oh, and we get to carry our semi-automatics to Starbucks and intimidate voters at drop boxes, too.  Small sacrifices and all.  And we know if we somehow become victims, we'll be on the receiving end of lots of prayers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Yes, but we get to have fun shooting the crap out of tin cans and stuff with semi-automatic rifles on our back 40, so it's all worth it.  Oh, and we get to carry our semi-automatics to Starbucks and intimidate voters at drop boxes, too.  Small sacrifices and all.  And we know if we somehow become victims, we'll be on the receiving end of lots of prayers.

I'm so sad.

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

Yes. You can buy guns and ammo at a lot of Walmart stores. Walmart kinda markets itself as a store that sells everything. Pick up a rifle with the eggs and milk, as you do.

I'm probably remembering this completely wrong (I'm in Canada, not the States), but weren't they saying a few years ago that they getting out of a lot of ammunition, handgun and "modern sporting" semi-auto sales? I remember reading something about them stopping the sale of "semi-auto ammunition" (spoiler, there's no such thing).

Wondered if it was all PR spin. To be honest assumed it was but hoped for the best.

7 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Don’t forget the thoughts, the prayers won’t work without them. 

9 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Am I right in that you can buy guns in Walmarts?  

whether you can or can't, in many states you can do your weekly shop with a loaded gun at your side. it's utterly bonkers and i still struggle to see how such a developed country still allows it

i guess Americans grow up with guns in their lives. we just don't get it because they're not a thing over here

19 minutes ago, Straggler said:

JFC.

WTF!!

I wonder who the shooter takes after? 

YOUR SON HAS SHOT AND KILLED FIVE INNOCENT PEOPLE!

*aarrg leeest his not ghey*

If we’re going around shooting folks for fun, shouldn’t the reporter just pop this fool.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chindie said:

I'm just waiting for people to say 'the answer is to give shop staff more guns' when they already probably had a whole arsenal available to them.

As for the state of that guy's Dad, how depressing that there are probably millions of Americans like that.

30 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm just waiting for people to say 'the answer is to give shop staff more guns' when they already probably had a whole arsenal available to them.

As for the state of that guy's Dad, how depressing that there are probably millions of Americans like that.

Remember driving through Arizona on along drive from Vegas . We went into a retail park / Home Depot, just to have a break and look around. In the queue front of us 4/5 people had open carry pistols.... Imagine needing to take your gun to B&Q.

Oh, I dunno, can you blame someone who made a living punching things, including his partner apparently, and had no relationship with his son, prioritising his son not liking cock over his son being a mass murderer?

4 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Remember driving through Arizona on along drive from Vegas . We went into a retail park / Home Depot, just to have a break and look around. In the queue front of us 4/5 people had open carry pistols.... Imagine needing to take your gun to B&Q.

You never know when you're going to be called on to save America

• Haha 1

Â