Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

52 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Only 7 shot dead. Why is this even a story?

Female shooter, primary school.

Bit different to the standard teenage boy/high school combo that's so passé now.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Nashville police have identified the six victims fatally shot by the shooter at The Covenant School as: 

• Evelyn Dieckhaus, age 9
  • Hallie Scruggs, age 9
  • William Kinney, age 9
  • Cynthia Peak, age 61
  • Katherine Koonce, age 60
  • Mike Hill, age 61

😢

link

Tragic

More weapons recovered from the shooters house including another shotgun, and a sawn off shotgun.

It’s completely mad to me for a regular person (no, I’m not starting that debate here) to have at least half a dozen different firearms and I assume it’s perfectly legal.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

My wife works in a school, luckily here in England, but if we lived in the US she'd have to find a different career and I think I'd home teach my kids. 

I know you can walk out the front door and something could happen to anyone of us, any day, that's life, but these school shootings are so sad, why would anyone want to gun down a 9 year-old kid??!! 

There will be another within a couple of months, more parents who have innocently dropped their children off to what should be a safe environment to learn yet get a call to say they've been gunned down by some clown with access to weapons. 

These shooters are total cowards, they target these schools as they know none of their victims will be armed or have a chance to fight back. 

The freak who did this should have just hung herself from a tree, totally pointless. Why any normal 'civilian' needs to own automatic rifles, pistols, handguns etc... I'll never understand. 

the US attitude to this aspect of constitution i find utterly bonkers. someone help me here. why do americans cling to it so dearly? if they made guns illegal, why does this upset them so much?

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

the US attitude to this aspect of constitution i find utterly bonkers. someone help me here. why do americans cling to it so dearly? if they made guns illegal, why does this upset them so much?

It reads and interprets how you want it too I suppose depending on the reader.

At it's best its a basic instruction sheet for a pop up country that relied on a belief the population would use it as a guide to build a safe and secure country for all.

I think they are just scared,  if he has a gun and I don't I can't say nasty things to him and he can say them to me.  Without the guns they are the same as you and me.  With a gun,  they are,  in their mind tougher, bigger and they take no **** from no-one.

Being permanently scared is no good for no one and end up with people "Stocking up" on weapons'.  Too scared to not have a gun and too scared to move to a country without guns.

As every time...

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens (theonion.com)

NASHVILLE, TN—In the hours following a violent rampage in Tennessee in which a lone attacker killed at least six individuals and injured several others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Tuesday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said Tennessee resident Laura Campbell, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations.

If you put 100,000 people in a room the chances are one or 2 of them are complete psychos / lunatics

Therefore hundreds or thousands out of 331,000,000 people will be complete unhinged pyschopaths.

Then give those thousands of complete lunatics completely free access to guns. 

It's hardly any wonder this doesn't happen more often. Poor children.

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

Â