Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

13 hours ago, El Zen said:

Another six dead as someone shoots up a 4th of July parade in Highland Park, IL. 

The suspected shooter, a young white male, is apparently still on the loose. 

Ah that's a shame. What a troubled young man. Stand up guy, just fell on hard times and suffering from some mental health issues. Thoughts and prayers

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ah that's a shame. What a troubled young man. Stand up guy, just fell on hard times and suffering from some mental health issues. Thoughts and prayers

Just read a few reactions on FOX news (you know, the only news channel that brings the truth, (unless it doesn't suit them)). Apparantly the shooter was a Trump supporter, present on Jan 6th, but because he looks like Antifa with his ugly tattoos and hair, the consensus on there is that he is a lefty loser. These are not opinions but facts.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

i think it's time to call it what it really is  its a terrorist attack by a white guy

17 minutes ago, colhint said:

i think it's time to call it what it really is  its a terrorist attack by a white guy

Don't be ridiculous. It can't be terrorism if he's white. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Also quiet on the video footage released by the police of an unarmed suspect being shot 60 times by police as he tried to run

I'll let you guess at his skin colour 

Watched the video (non graphic) of this on the BBC site - the sound of the shooting is absolutely unreal.  You would never, ever, ever need to shoot that many times.

US police, when they shoot, unload the gun. It's a miracle anyone that gets shot survives. Watch any of the innumerable 'police response' videos on YouTube, the ones were they shoot its literally empty the gun at the target. Multiple officers doing that and quickly it stacks up.

56 minutes ago, AXD said:

Just read a few reactions on FOX news (you know, the only news channel that brings the truth, (unless it doesn't suit them)). Apparantly the shooter was a Trump supporter, present on Jan 6th, but because he looks like Antifa with his ugly tattoos and hair, the consensus on there is that he is a lefty loser. These are not opinions but facts.

The line seems to be that he was doing all the things you expect of your classic MAGA Trumper QAnon nutcase ironically.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Don't be ridiculous. It can't be terrorism if he's white. 

Lib Dem failure of mental health services. 

We never thought we'd be hit like this

Ken Pell is picking up his granddaughters' scooters. His wife and family were at the parade and dumped everything for safety.

"I wasn't here, I was at a nearby golf club and got notification of a shooting. We were then put into a basement for safety. I couldn’t get a signal and I was so panicked as I couldn’t get hold of my family for ages."

His daughter told him to leave the scooters because taking them back "would be bad karma".

"I couldn't do that I wanted to collect them. My grandkids don’t seem too affected at the moment but you know my daughter is not doing well. She is questioning raising her kids in a place like this."

The motivations of the gunman are unknown. Ken is Jewish and says this is a predominantly Jewish area so he is worried that's why it may have been targeted.

"We just never thought we would be hit like this but I guess neither did Uvalde [the site of a mass school shooting]."

Seriously, you never thought? You live in Chicago, in the USA. The possibility, or rather the likelihood, must've crossed your mind.

image.gif

Edited by fightoffyour

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

We never thought we'd be hit like this

Seriously, you never thought? You live in Chicago, in the USA. The possibility, or rather the likelihood, must've crossed your mind.

image.gif

Worth noting this wasn't in Chicago. Chicago is the nearest major city, but it's 30 miles away. The city is on the border with Wisconsin and by all accounts very, very well to do and wealthy. It's not the kind of place that has the problems Chicago has, usually.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Worth noting this wasn't in Chicago. Chicago is the nearest major city, but it's 30 miles away. The city is on the border with Wisconsin and by all accounts very, very well to do and wealthy. It's not the kind of place that has the problems Chicago has, usually.

Did not know that! Still, in the USA isn't it.

46 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Highland park is where Michael Jordon lived, Home Alone Ferris Buller's day off was filmed there apparently. Posh as f****

Looking at the numbers it seems that this year the USA has lost more people to gunfire that the Ukraine has lost to a homicidal maniac trying to wipe them from the face of the earth.  Not so easy to quantify as sources differ, but on average the numbers are similar at least 

Â