Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I know this is an old post but it always reminds me of when they had a mass shooting (one of many, many mass shootings) and this particular one got blamed on video games.

Walmart immediately banned video games. So there's this hilarious footage in walmart of a load of completely empty videogame shelves, and then they pan to the right to show this massive gun section completely full of guns and ammo for sale.

So backwards

So,has there been less shootings since they took off all those naughty video games ?

Just now, PussEKatt said:

So,has there been less shootings since they took off all those naughty video games ?

Of course not.

South Korea has probably the highest rate of video game players per population in the world. And they have basically zero mass shootings.

Because you can't really get guns anywhere. Fancy that

10 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I think you’ll find these sorts of incidents go on all the time but don’t get reported internationally.

Only when a big one happens does gun violence make headlines, and for a little while after every incident gets the front page treatment.

Then the interest dies back down again and they go back to only being reported in local news. 

I thought there used to be a website that counted how many people were shot in Chicago each weekend and that the number is insane

ABC has Chicago down as 30 shootings this weekend, 7 fatal, weekend before was 26 and 5, new years was 27 and 7, its completely normal and no one cares

New York Times reporting there's been 39 mass shootings with 69 dead already this year

They are bat shit crazy... There are literally countries at war that have less people killed by guns

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I thought there used to be a website that counted how many people were shot in Chicago each weekend and that the number is insane

ABC has Chicago down as 30 shootings this weekend, 7 fatal, weekend before was 26 and 5, new years was 27 and 7, its completely normal and no one cares

New York Times reporting there's been 39 mass shootings with 69 dead already this year

They are bat shit crazy... There are literally countries at war that have less people killed by guns

I think it’s their Brexit. Nobody dares seriously go for a gun ban as it will be so divisive and toxic.

Plus all the angry people have guns. 

I see dogs are at it over there now too. They're evolving.

Man dies in the US after being shot by dog

The incident has been described as a "hunting related accident".

A man died after being shot by a dog in Kansas during a hunting trip at the weekend, according to police.

As reported by the state's outlet KWCH, the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office said a preliminary investigation into the death shows that it was caused by a dog stepping on a gun.

Police stated that at around 10am on Saturday (21 January) deputies responded to reports of a man who was shot in the back.

According to the sheriff’s office, the male was sitting in the front passenger seat of a pickup truck when a dog stepped on a rifle in the back seat.

On 24/01/2023 at 23:06, villa4europe said:

There was a study recently which proved that US soldiers deployed to Afghanistan were less likely to be killed than men in certain areas of some American cities

The researchers found that compared to the risk of combat death faced by US soldiers who were deployed to Afghanistan, the more dangerous of the two wars, young men living in the most violent zip code of Chicago (2,585 individuals) had a 3.23 times higher average risk of firearm-related homicide, and those in Philadelphia (2,448 people) faced a 1.9 times higher average risk of firearm-related homicide. Singling out the elevated dangers faced by the US Army combat brigade in Iraq, the young men studied in Chicago still faced notably greater risks, and the ones faced in Philadelphia were comparable

Link 

Edited by icouldtelltheworld
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, sne said:

Another day, another...

A white middle aged male was the shooter? Wow that's surprising.

It's the Mexicans and immigrants that are the problem with society over here! Get rid of them and we wouldn't see any of this kind of thing.

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 1

Â