The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

None of that matters as they are sticking it to the EU which is hated by their supporters, and not exactly well loved by the average man on the street. 

The whole play wedges the EU on Northern Ireland. Either the EU backs down to U.K. demands or the EU breaks the Good Friday Agreement. 

As a bonus the Tories get to send out tweets like the one above saying Labour sides with the EU over the U.K.  

If, as is highly likely, the IRA regard the Good Friday Accord as broken, then the consequences could be a return to bombs and bullets. No amount of tweets will cover their criminal failure then.

Edited by meregreen

1 minute ago, meregreen said:

If, as is highly likely, the IRA regard the Good Friday Accord as broken, then the consequences could be a return to bombs and bullets. No amount of tweets will cover their criminal failure then.

I’m not 100% sure that wouldn’t suit them.

53 minutes ago, meregreen said:

It will be a failure but it will be very easy to portray it as an EU failure. The U.K. won’t put up a border but the EU will need to to protect their single market. If the IRA start up again it would be described as the EU breaking the Good Friday Agreement and restarting the troubles in NI by going against the UKs wishes to keep the border open.  

58 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Priti Patel.

The only person I’ve ever wanted to punch in the face and have madly passionate sex with in equal measure.

Whaaat. She's like a soulless, life-sucking ogre that has forced itself into the skin of a once potentially attractive person (stress on once and potentially), but the skin and the face don't fit the grim ogre's skull, and its jaw is all broken anyway, and the whole appearance is a horrific mess. Every time she speaks it's like the whole skin suit is going to fall apart. 

Each to their own though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

"Our manifesto commitment are very clear to preserve the UK" - yet your manifesto agreement was wholly based on this agreement was to do that. When it was pointed out that it doesn't, you lied and now you are saying you never agreed to that. 

Hate this government so much, and agree with @Rolta, she is a horrible, horrible person. 

Priti Patel is amongst the purest examples of ones internal hatred visibly consuming them. You can see it working it's way through her, only the head hasn't quite given in yet but that's tainted with the look with someone smugly getting off on the smell of their own rot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They threatened to sack their MP's for voting in opposition to this agreement when they first suggested it (and sacked 21 of them for doing so), now they've threatened to sack their MP's if they voted in support of this agreement.

I'd love to hear from the 21 people who got the sack for having the right opinion at the wrong time.

It's all madness but the country is past caring unfortunately. The detail of Brexit is completely irrelevant to the majority of people in this country now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Priti Patel is amongst the purest examples of ones internal hatred visibly consuming them. You can see it working it's way through her, only the head hasn't quite given in yet but that's tainted with the look with someone smugly getting off on the smell of their own rot.

My psychoanalysis is different. I think with her it's all about ambition and achievement. Everything else is way down the list. So she'll do or say whatever to please those above her, or in a position to help her ambition. Other people, or principles simply don't register. The lack of emotional intelligence severely limits her suitability for a high level role.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

Whaaat. She's like a soulless, life-sucking ogre that has forced itself into the skin of a once potentially attractive person (stress on once and potentially), but the skin and the face don't fit the grim ogre's skull, and its jaw is all broken anyway, and the whole appearance is a horrific mess. Every time she speaks it's like the whole skin suit is going to fall apart. 

Each to their own though!

Plenty of us have done worse 

17 minutes ago, Chindie said:

We need to talk about the Tory party's problem with sexual assault.

I’ve always seen sexual assault as risk and reward related to power.

People do it if they think they can get away with it.

People do it if they know they are protected or can ride it out. 

People do it if if they see it as nothing wrong and both right/status has led them to believe anything they want is theirs.

All 3 of those statements are true in Conservative party and indeed any high level player in any political party. 

2 hours ago, Nicho said:

I’ve always seen sexual assault as risk and reward related to power.

People do it if they think they can get away with it.

People do it if they know they are protected or can ride it out. 

People do it if if they see it as nothing wrong and both right/status has led them to believe anything they want is theirs.

All 3 of those statements are true in Conservative party and indeed any high level player in any political party. 

Nah. Not any high level player in any political party. That's bonkers. Nicola Sturgeon? Jemery Corbyns?...

It's clearly the case that you've got to be a particular type of person to want to do sexual assault. There may be more of that type in politics or high up positions - people who feel entitled and feel the rules don't apply to them and so on, I dunno. But it's not all high ups. 

• Like 4

Â