The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

I don't think there's a more damning indictment of this government than that they haven't been able to get their badges out to NHS staff.

That's the badges they've given out instead of pay rises, instead of better working hours or conditions, the badges they're giving out instead of free parking, or instead of decent functional equipment - those badges. 

They can't even do their wrong right.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

👀

The significance of Perugia airport is that it's the nearest one to Evgeny Lebedev's mansion.

Maybe he's just trying to sign Suarez during this transfer window. Getting a big name player like that is likely to shore up confidence in the administration.

• Like 1

I'm struggling to see what the 'bad' is in this. Is it the denial from Number 10 when it's clearly true that he's been out to see Lebedev again?

Or just that he's gone on another trip to see Lebedev which there's technically nothing wrong with?

Or that this may be the start of the whole facade coming down around apparent splits from the other half, the violinist, etc?

Just now, darrenm said:

I'm struggling to see what the 'bad' is in this. Is it the denial from Number 10 when it's clearly true that he's been out to see Lebedev again?

Or just that he's gone on another trip to see Lebedev which there's technically nothing wrong with?

Or that this may be the start of the whole facade coming down around apparent splits from the other half, the violinist, etc?

I think it was a minor story until number 10 denied it. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I think it was a minor story until number 10 denied it. 

In that case I think it'll be fairly quickly corrected to 'We don't recognise the source of the denial and 10 Downing Street has not provided any updates on this matter until now. Yes he was away on a pre-arranged stay in Italy and the matter is now closed.'

The husband of one of the Conservative Party's biggest donors was secretly funded by a Russian oligarch with close ties to President Putin.

Lubov Chernukhin has given £1.7m to the Tories, including paying to spend time with the last three prime ministers.

Leaked files show her husband received $8m (£6.1m). The money initially came from a politician facing US sanctions due to his closeness to the Kremlin.

Her lawyers say the donations are not tainted by Kremlin influence.

A leak of banks' "suspicious activity reports" - called the FinCEN Files and seen by BBC Panorama - shows Vladimir Chernukhin was sent the money in 2016 from a British Virgin Islands company linked to Suleyman Kerimov.

BBC

Oodles of Russian money around Tories and Brexit.

Oh dear.

Any pennies dropping yet, amongst voters that thought they were good ideas?

1 hour ago, Genie said:

A lot of the Brexit voters I know think Putin is brilliant. 

Hardly a shock considering the links between Putin and Cummings / Johnson / Tories and Corbyn / Milne / Murray et al

Putin effectively "had" both sides

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Xann said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What a load of bollocks.

Dave, you need to do some research

Corbyn was in charge of the Stop the War Alliance when Russia invaded Crimea. STWA sided with Putin, stating that they was against sanctions on Russia because NATO was the aggressor. He also failed to even mention flight MH17 (which is believed was shot down by the Russians) on which were 10 British Citizens and chose to use the Kremlin's own lines to defend that position.

Plenty more of this stuff out there, you don't even have to really dig for it

I'm absolutely with you on criticizing the Tories for their Russia links but that criticism has to be applied equally in every direction.

Putin himself must have been laughing his socks off. He's bought the Tory Party but he hasn't even had to do that with Milne / Corbyn / Murray, it seems to be some sort of pathological anti-NATO stance, that will always side with whoever isn't NATO. Russia invades a sovereign country, shoots down a passenger jet and the Corbynistas side with Russia. I really don't know how much more in plain sight you want really

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Dave, you need to do some research

Corbyn was in charge of the Stop the War Alliance when Russia invaded Crimea. STWA sided with Putin, stating that they was against sanctions on Russia because NATO was the aggressor. He also failed to even mention flight MH17 (which is believed was shot down by the Russians) on which were 10 British Citizens and chose to use the Kremlin's own lines to defend that position.

Plenty more of this stuff out there, you don't even have to really dig for it

I'm absolutely with you on criticizing the Tories for their Russia links but that criticism has to be applied equally in every direction.

Putin himself must have been laughing his socks off. He's bought the Tory Party but he hasn't even had to do that with Milne / Corbyn / Murray, it seems to be some sort of pathological anti-NATO stance, that will always side with whoever isn't NATO. Russia invades a sovereign country, shoots down a passenger jet and the Corbynistas side with Russia. I really don't know how much more in plain sight you want really

I've read that a few times over and I still can't read any actual facts, figures or anything which isn't just rhetoric.

Corbyn in charge of STW (Coalition, I assume?) and they sided with Putin? In what way? A formal alliance? A statement released to the media saying "we think Putin is great"? Or perhaps trying to stay in the middle of a conflict and not take one side?

I'm not sure what's wrong with any of this:

http://www.stopwar.org.uk/index.php/video/1078-stop-the-war-protests-against-iran-and-syria-intervention-

Who is the aggressor? The obvious answer seems to be that it is Russia, but that is far from the whole picture. At the end of the Cold War, as agreed with the western powers, Russia disbanded the Warsaw Pact, its military alliance. But the United States and NATO broke their word to Russia, by adding most of Eastern Europe and the Balkan states to their own military alliance, and by building military bases along Russia's southern border.

All of the things detailed there seem to be factual and aren't siding with Russia (or Putin) but instead are trying to provide balance. Do you think that NATO is perfect?

In all honesty, I didn't pay much attention to Crimea and Ukraine when it happened so I'm going by what I'm reading now. But your claim that Putin was in control of Corbyn, Milne and Murray just looks like reaching to me.

28 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I'm not sure what's wrong with any of this:

Well it's talking about Iran and Syria for starters

29 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Do you think that NATO is perfect?

I believe this question is irrelevant. Russia invaded Ukraine. Stop the War Coalition (led by Corbyn at the time) said that NATO was the aggressor and Russia's actions were defensive. Just let that sink in a little and remember the 10 British subjects that were blown out of the sky aboard MH17 by Russia. I think Corbyn even said either in the run up to his election as Labour Leader or just after it, that Putin's hard was forced by the Russian Industrial Military Complex, yet again throwing shade on Putin (He has his arm twisted by Generals, honest Guv). I'm also fairly sure that Corbyn has not once spoken about MH17 in public, which is quite the thing in itself

7 hours ago, snowychap said:

Is that the airport he was hungover in a couple of years ago having ditched his protection team?

That's the one. Fwiw the president of the airport (!) has now said 'categorically' Johnson wasn't there, and that the staff confused him for Tony Blair, who was there. This is brilliant, because I'm not sure who it's more insulting for. 

(sorry no link I'm on my phone) 

• Like 1

Â