The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

38 minutes ago, blandy said:

Nah. Not any high level player in any political party. That's bonkers. Nicola Sturgeon? Jemery Corbyns?...

It's clearly the case that you've got to be a particular type of person to want to do sexual assault. There may be more of that type in politics or high up positions - people who feel entitled and feel the rules don't apply to them and so on, I dunno. But it's not all high ups. 

I didn’t mean all of them are sexually harassing people, more that they are at a level of power where circumstances allow them do so 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I didn’t mean all of them are sexually harassing people, more that they are at a level of power where circumstances allow them do so 

The fact the guys been charged and convicted rather undermines that statement. Thankfully attitudes to this have changed, not before time either.

Edited by meregreen
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't agree with her on independence, but I'd rate her as one of the most competent and effective front bench politicians in this union.

She would be a brilliant politician for a normal party,  or even a brilliant leader of a normal party.

The fact that she is happy to take Scotland to a cliff edge also makes me question some of her morale underpinnings somewhat though.  She believes she is right in the same way Boris is sure he is right,  but they are both wrong but a certain type of person believes them and that's that.   The fact that she is so good is a means to get the ill-informed to follow her,  Trump and Boris like IMO.  She thinks it will be a  Scottish theme park where everyone dances in the streets to bagpipes when in reality it will be as we all know, Spud in a gutter being sick.

• Like 1

The fact that she is so good is a means to get the ill-informed to follow her, 

What the actual **** does this mean? Deception by competence? She's only being good for votes? That's the whole bloody point. She ought to be more shit, this just isn't fair. :D

Edited by Davkaus

29 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

She would be a brilliant politician for a normal party,  or even a brilliant leader of a normal party.

The fact that she is happy to take Scotland to a cliff edge also makes me question some of her morale underpinnings somewhat though.  She believes she is right in the same way Boris is sure he is right,  but they are both wrong but a certain type of person believes them and that's that.   The fact that she is so good is a means to get the ill-informed to follow her,  Trump and Boris like IMO.  She thinks it will be a  Scottish theme park where everyone dances in the streets to bagpipes when in reality it will be as we all know, Spud in a gutter being sick.

She couldn’t be further from Trump or Johnson if she tried. Do you really think she’s doing it as an unprincipled con?

Would she really, in a quiet confidential off the record moment, confess that she would actually prefer Westminster to run Scotland?

You might not like her, you might not like her politics. Your reasoning is way off.

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

She couldn’t be further from Trump or Johnson if she tried. Do you really think she’s doing it as an unprincipled con?

Would she really, in a quiet confidential off the record moment, confess that she would actually prefer Westminster to run Scotland?

You might not like her, you might not like her politics. Your reasoning is way off.

Ok,  I amight have gone a bit OTT but I really hate the Independence thing and the division it causes,  no one needs it or the vote or campaigning it would bring..  As I said,  she is a brilliant politician and she is brilliant and what she does,  she has just picked the wrong thing to use her talents for.  It was a once in a generation chance but she won't let it go and it gets on my nerves.  I think its ok reasoning to be fair.

7 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Ok,  I amight have gone a bit OTT but I really hate the Independence thing and the division it causes,  no one needs it or the vote or campaigning it would bring..  As I said,  she is a brilliant politician and she is brilliant and what she does,  she has just picked the wrong thing to use her talents for.  It was a once in a generation chance but she won't let it go and it gets on my nerves.  I think its ok reasoning to be fair.

Once in a generation thing to vote to stay in the UK in order to stay in the EU?

That was the sales pitch by the unionists, wasn’t it?

I can see a snag with that one. As can 53.5% of Scotland at present. I’ve got friends that went up there and campaigned last time. I’d take some leave and join them next time.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Once in a generation thing to vote to stay in the UK in order to stay in the EU?

That was the sales pitch by the unionists, wasn’t it?

I can see a snag with that one. As can 53.5% of Scotland at present. I’ve got friends that went up there and campaigned last time. I’d take some leave and join them next time.

It's a fair point, but independence won't lead to rejoining the EU.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's a fair point, but independence won't lead to rejoining the EU.

It may, or may not. It would be a fairly unusual set of circumstances. I would imagine Spain being an issue.

But they could certainly have a healthier relationship with the EU, and I’m not sure the SNP would go hard on that being the main plus point. 

4 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I agree with this. It’s a bit OTT, but he sentiment yeah. She’s good at what she does. If people recognise the agenda and use their votes accordingly that’s kind of how things should be.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Unless you’re Scottish and/or living in Scotland I’m not sure you have much of a stake in the independence debate.

• Sad 1

Â