Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

The league table looks bloody frightening tonight. Say we lose the next two, we go away to Watford at least 12 points adrift. Lose that and we're 5 wins to make up with 24 games to go. That's tough! 

Next crucial opponent is then Newcastle and we could be 3 or 4 wins behind them by the time we play them. Same against Norwich. 

We can't afford to accept defeats against the likes of Man City and Everton. The points need to start coming in ASAP. 

What so we lose our next 3 and EVERYONE else wins all of theirs? I'm not sure it's even mathematically possible, either way that won't happen. It never, ever works that way.

However yes, lose the next 3 and I would say we are nailed on certain to go down. Win the next 3 and there's a decent chance we are out of the bottom 3 too, don't underestimate just how shit the teams immediately ahead of us are too.

• Like 2

Consistency was always an issue for us let's hope we can get a run together atleast. Draw vs Everton and win vs Watford would be very good for example. Shame the international break is here but probably gives Garde longer to work with the players that are around. 

Right, so that's us on 5 points now, 38 should see us safe hopefully, so that's 11 more wins before the season ends in May. Or less if we can get a few draws too. Here are my predictions of where those points will come from (just my best (and quite optimistic) guesses, if Remi can get is firing and I'm getting more and more confident he can): (includes a running total from now onwards)

Eve A - D - 6pt

Wat H - W - 9pts

Sou A - L

Ars H - L

New A - W - 12pts

WHU H - L

Nor A - W - 15pts

Sun A - W - 18pts

CryP H - D - 19pts

Lei H - W - 22pts

Wba A - D - 23pts

Whu A - L

Nor H - W - 26pts

Liv H - L

Sto A - D - 27pts

Eve H - D - 28pts

ManC A - L

Tot H - L

Swan A - D - 29pts

Che H - L

Bourn H - W 32pts

ManU A - L

Sou H - L

Wat A - W 35pts

New H - W - 38pts

Ars A - L 

Come on Villa!

Yes we need a few players in January but the most important thing was a new Manager. Our squad is not as bad as the table suggests and hopefully we will show that over the coming months. 

The aim is simple, be 2 wins better than the likes of Bournemouth, Sunderland and Norwich. When you say it like that it doesn't seem as grim as the table looks.

Nick a point at Everton and beat Watford and we'll be properly back in the game then. Still tough but things will look better with those two results.

Hopefully beat Newcastle at St James just before xmas aswell, it's about time we did something at that ground. Bizarre how we're so good at Sunderland every season and yet so poor 10 miles up the road, I have a feeling the results will be reserved at the grounds this year.

Everton are playing well going forward, will be difficult to keep them out. Don't see two goals in us there.

Watford will come and have a go and pour men forward so we need to exploit that space so that's the more likely of the two to win even if it is at home.

I think our midfield will control the game against Everton , Sanchez on Barkley and Gana, Veretout should be able to give Barry the run around, they do have Lukaku so we will have to be on our guard at the back 

For me Watford is a harder game for us  but off the back of good result at Everton , keep it tight and just be hard to beat.

We kept the ball well todaytoday, in the first half, kind of took the wind out of Man city.

For the first time in a few seasons I'm looking forward to watching us try and win some games rather than dreading a defeat and just hoping the manager staggers upon the winning formula by luck and not messing it up with ego driven substitutions

Everton are playing well going forward, will be difficult to keep them out. Don't see two goals in us there.

Watford will come and have a go and pour men forward so we need to exploit that space so that's the more likely of the two to win even if it is at home.

Both really tough games. Everton  are playing well lately and every time I have seen Watford so far they look like a team that will cause problems. We will have to play really really well and score more than once which is something I don't think we are capable of

Nick a point at Everton and beat Watford and we'll be properly back in the game then. Still tough but things will look better with those two results.

My thoughts exactly, we need to be targeting 4 points from those game. If we can do that an other results go our way we have given ourselves a chance.

If you think about where the points are going to come from you'll drive yourself mad and only end up with the conclusion of relegation. 

We need to solidify a consistent starting 11 and start scoring/winning quickly. With wins will come with more wins. 

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 1

Â