Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Newcastle arent far from us. They really know how to **** it.

Last season is a perfect example for that.

I wont rule them out. Even if they have some quality in their team.

Swansea have been class and had a good window. Yet they are in a free fall. Theyve beat us in a game of onfidence as we all dont have it. Have they lost that they would have been with Newcastle interms of points. League places changes a lot. I would us us being alert earlier is much better than us being in a freefall in the half of the season like last season. Tbh I wasnt taking this seriously until after the Stoke game. And much more after the Swansea game.

Now we could begin fighting with spirit early on.

I keep thinking Leicester are going to implode a la Blackpool but think their manager is too good and they've probably got too much now. They can't continue like they are tho surely?

I think we for once need to rely on us being good enough and yesterday showed that there is a chance that we are.

Leicester are basically us under MON, never say die, bodies on the line with a couple of real runners in the team (Vardy-Gabby and Mahrez-Young), their style of play will see them burn out (like we always did, and like West Ham did last season after also emulating ourselves under MON. They almost certainly won't get relegated barring some ridiculous implosion of Villa proportions but they won't challenge the top 4, somewhere between 7th-12th for them.

Anyone from about 11th down could get dragged into it, it's very early in the season but I would have a cheeky outside bet on Swansea if I were a betting man

• Like 1

Newcastle will struggle to win away games imo, they got very luck at Bournemouth who are decimated by injuries.

If we can be as organised as yesterday we will get points and nick wins on the road which gives me hope as we have no chance if we just rely on our home form which hasn't been good enough for years, same for Sunderland.

We'll be above the Boggies when we play them at their place

My Moms husband is a Baggies fan and he is sure we will finish above them. 

People are over complicating things.........If we play how we played Sunday we should have no problem staying up. City are by far the best team in the league. Whilst we rode our luck at the end we gave a good account of ourselves.  

Norwich came close to getting something off City at the Etihad so our result may not be as good as it first appears. That said, we might just have something to our advantage and that's our new players. Maybe, they are starting to get accustomed to the demands of our football and we will start seeing the best of them soon?

Lets be honest on another day City would have won that by 2 or 3 goals. Yes we were more organised and passed it around better but when the pressure is on against the lesser sides can the players produce . Will have to wait and see.

• Like 1

Yeah Watford looks easier on paper but they've been excellent away, have goals in them and not the worst defensively although hopefully Gomes chucks another in.

If we get something at Everton, the expectation will be we'll beat Watford, infact that will happen regardless as those are the games we need to win to stay up.

Won't be as straightforward just because they aren't as good as City.

The thing we are using to outplay teams in the midfield recently. Man City last season and Arsenal when we lost 5*0.

What encouraged me is we had a good battle in the midfield. Veretout was dribbling comfortable. Sanchez is a beast and a warrior. Gana everytime youd think hed lose the ball and somehow he manage to keep it. Finally Carles to complete the diamond. Instead of Sinclair just put a proper striker either Libor or Rudy. And lets say how will it work.

Swansea are involved until they realise they need to drop Fabianski ....everyone goal scored against them he's usually at fault, terrible for Poland too.

He's more of a liability than Guzan, quite an achievement., 

I haven't watched much of Swansea this year but I very much doubt this is the case. He was excellent last season, named the GK of the year by numerous publications and the best statistically, according to WhoScored.

ManC was a free hit = 0-0 1pt

everton is also a free hit = a good performance should get us a point

watford = 1st real test if we on to something or not

our direct relegation rivals need to continually drop points till our Arsenal fixture is out of the way

from then on in is where it really matters but I think we'll be out of the bottom 3 by the second game in Jan 16

• Like 1

Although I am slightly more positive after the citeh game I will reserve some optimism til after the next three games. One game simply isn't enough to judge from, but I think Garde seems like the real deal and that we should have a strong fighting chance of escaping relegation (again). If we do, then I hope three's a charm and we finally get sold to good investors this summer and become a boring midtable team at the very least.

• Like 1

Â