Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Wilkins is a tool ,sour grapes coming out with that after leaving ,I'm confident of staying up think we have the players and the right manager now only worry is haven't goals maybe ,also think there is definitely 3 teams worse than us in the league ,we are after a awful start but think we might be out of bottom 3 before Xmas even we are much better than where we are at the moment .

18 hours ago, roonst83 said:

Does anyone have any hope at all that we can stay up?

I'll likely not lose total hope until it is close to being mathematically impossible for us to stay up. I personally think there is time to turn it around, and there are teams with worse players than ours. We just needed the right manager to get our guys working well, and I do honestly think we have found that in Garde.

As others have said, Bournemouth, Sunderland, Norwich, possibly Newcastle, all have as much chance of having the wheels coming off later in the season like ours did at the start. We just about have enough time to rescue our season, all the teams mentioned above have plenty of time to screw up theirs. In my opinion the Premier League is crazy this season, I don't recall a recent previous time where scores were like they have been the last few weeks, take out City and Arsenal (to a certain extent) and any team can beat another right now, it's almost impossible to call what is going to happen each game week.

A draw at Everton (doable), a loss at Southampton (most likely), and 3 points from Watford (you'd like to think), and the season suddenly looks rescuable. My biggest concern by a mile is that I am still unsure where our goals are going to come from.

On 16 November 2015 7:58:03 am, ThunderPower_14 said:

I just don't see it this year. The hole is too deep. Last year we had a genuine gun striker and we knew we'd at least be able to score consistently. If you can't score consistently, you can't pick up points.

Score consistently? We hardly scored consistently. We had the lowest goal tally of the league for  most of the season. We have perceived much better this year and honestly think Garde's  man management and tactical awareness  will be key to our season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Man management won't put the ball in the back of the net. Last season we did have quality up front, really not sure what we have got now!

What we have got is a lot longer to get the points. We started creating as soon as Lambert left and I'm confident the same will happen under Garde. Man City was the 1st time this season the team looked like something nearly all the fans wanted. We have the players. Even under TS we should've got a lot more points than we did but a lot of that was down to his in game decisions so hopefully with that sorted we'll start getting the points we deserve. 

• Like 1

Let's see what we can get tomorrow, hopefully there aren't shock results like Newcastle turning over Leicester. I can see it now, Vardy missing 5 open goals and Mitrovic scoring in the last minute while kung fu kicking a Leicester defender.

We really need to beat Watford otherwise the gap could get quite big going into xmas given we have Southampton and Arsenal afterwards. If we can't get much there they'll be a lot of pressure to go to Newcastle and win where our record over the last 10 years is abysmal.

Still lots of twists and turns to come and shock results for everyone, like us winning a game sometime before May.

Edited by VillaChris

4 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I admire your optimism young grasshopper

Second set of games in January to be precise,

Watershed game will be 9th April Home game against Newcastle. This will be the game where the reality of survival will become a real possibility.

This season will be a record low as far as 17th place goes.

Last 2 games will be free hits as we will be safe.

Why not, Leicester aren't some invincible team that are going to go the rest of the season unbeaten. They will lose goals and given they might not have someone who's scored in their last 9 playing today that will weaken them a fair bit.

I don't big up Newcastle like some on here but they have been a lot better at home recently, should've beaten Chelsea, put 6 past Norwich and should've beaten Stoke but Butland was MOTM. It would not shock me at all if they win today.

That's why we need to win a game sooner or later. Big ask today but certainly next week. We can't keep hoping Norwich and Newcastle will keep on losing every week. If we don't win soon and they pick up a win and few draws that gaps suddenly becomes double figures.

Â