Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

It can't be disputed but my point is Sherwood is just another symptom of the virus which is Lerner and co. I don't understand how Sherwood can be resented for trying to do a job which he failed in and lost his job for. It's not like he wanted us in this position.

But Lerner should? It's not like he wants this either.

The buck stops (pun unintended) with Lerner...

Lerner can't be blamed for everything though - he's not to blame for Sherwood being a complete fraud for example.

he can be blamed for recruiting him in the first place

It can't be disputed but my point is Sherwood is just another symptom of the virus which is Lerner and co. I don't understand how Sherwood can be resented for trying to do a job which he failed in and lost his job for. It's not like he wanted us in this position.

But Lerner should? It's not like he wants this either.

The buck stops (pun unintended) with Lerner...

Lerner can't be blamed for everything though - he's not to blame for Sherwood being a complete fraud for example.

he can be blamed for recruiting him in the first place

True, but he did keep us up and there was a dearth of candidates back in February.

All I'm saying is that Sherwood's really left us in a hole.

I don't think Newcastle will get relegated and the problem with Sunderland is that they ALWAYS somehow stay up. Then again, we used to say that about Wigan.

Nor do I, Bournemouth without Callum Wilson don't have goals in them, its the teams above Newcastle I fear will be too far adrift of us after the everton game. Can't seriously see us catching teams who are 10 pts or more ahead of us by then.

Sorry, everyone is freaking out because? 

Reality has hit home with Newcastle's win today?

To a fellow relegation rival. These games will happen whether we like it or not and results won't always go our way. 

I'm just surprised anyone is suddenly surprised by the situation. We've been doing this for years now!

To a fellow relegation rival. These games will happen whether we like it or not and results won't always go our way. 

I'm just surprised anyone is suddenly surprised by the situation. We've been doing this for years now!

We've never been this bad and this far behind before.

• Like 1

It never ceases to amaze me how people can judge where we'll finish this early in the season. It's bad enough when people crown the league winners in February, never mind claiming certain relegation after 11 games.

The teams around us are bad too, remember. Plus we still have to play many of them. 

It's not like we've been getting destroyed by teams, even with Sherwood in charge. Imagine what we could do with an actual real manager.

Maybe it's blind optimism, but i'm fairy confident we'll be fine.

Edited by abdomlahor

And you're entitled to that opinion just as I am to mine. No need to jump on my post as if I said I want Hitler for PM...  :P

Didn't mean it like that, just thought the post was a bit over-reactionary (if that's a word), its nothing personal in any sense of the word. No need to declare doom yet, that's all.

Norwich winning today was a bigger disaster as their next two were Chelsea and Arsenal so could've done with them only drawing. Swansea are in incredibly bad form but of course were still good enough to beat us.

I think it's just hit home for all the people saying nah we can stay up with 8 wins and 100 draws, all it takes if for Newcastle and Norwich to win a game and suddenly the gap starts to become massive.

We need to win some games soon and fast whoever the opposition is.

• Like 1

Crikey. It is a novelty that we are this far behind this early - which is what makes this season interesting. We will either blitz it with Garde or our squad will be shown up to be expensive failures. I have a good feeling about Remi, but we shall have to see.

(Good feeling = think he is a good manager, not I have a remi for him or a garde-on.)

OK I do.

Edited by Jareth
More to say
  • Like 1

The Newcastle game was a good result for us. Newcastle won't go down this season, but there is a high chance Bournemouth will. It's Bournemouth we need to see getting 0 points from games like that.

The Newcastle game was a good result for us. Newcastle won't go down this season, but there is a high chance Bournemouth will. It's Bournemouth we need to see getting 0 points from games like that.

Exactly.

That's also why it pisses me off that Newcastle routinely lose to Sunderland as well. They're always the team with less chance of going down yet they always gift Sunderland points.

I'm not sure about Newcastle not going down. For me, they were awful today against a team they would probably be expecting to beat comfortably. They won today, but that's down to Bournemouth not being able to score rather than playing like they deserved to win the game.

I really don't rate McLaren as a manager either. For that reason, I believe we will finish higher than Newcastle this season.

Yeah I think Bournemouth will be that bad they've finish below us and be bottom.

It's finding two other teams to finish above that will be an issue....I think this is Big Sam's toughest task as their squad is as poor as us and Sunderland don't win much at home either like us so think it's feasible we could finish above them.

Not sure who the 3rd team will be if there is one....I would say Norwich but they seem capable of pulling out wins after a run of defeats this season have beaten Swansea, Sunderland and Bournemouth so have a knack of winning the 6 points. It's a long season though.

Â