Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Well whatever happens teams at the bottom are picking up points. Stating the obvious but we're going have to start picking up points and a lot of them soon or we'll effectively be gone by Christmas or just after.

Everyone should accept right now it looks highly likely we could be bottom at Xmas with 10 points or less. Regardless of what everyone else has we have games we really should be picking up points from from Boxing Day to the end of February. There are still enough points available to get ourselves out of this without relying on anyone else.

Sunderland 1-0 down.

But, Norwich are now winning.

I really do despise Sherwood.

we can't blame Sherwood for this mess. Its been coming for years and as far I'm concerned the ultimate blame rests at the owners and nobody else. If there was ever an owner of a club that deserves relegation for the way the club has been run it is Randy Lerner. 

Sherwood isn't entirely to blame but he has to take a large portion of it. Even Lambert never had us adrift at the bottom of the table.

Sunderland 1-0 down.

we can't blame Sherwood for this mess. Its been coming for years and as far I'm concerned the ultimate blame rests at the owners and nobody else. If there was ever an owner of a club that deserves relegation for the way the club has been run it is Randy Lerner. 

Sherwood isn't entirely to blame but he has to take a large portion of it. Even Lambert never had us adrift at the bottom of the table.

Maybe but id love to have seen how Lambert would have coped with the lose of Benteke, Delph and Vlaar at the same time. I guess he would have shut up shop and squeezed out a few extra points but we would still all be complaining.

Norwich winning. We are so screwed. I have to say, I've already accepted we're down this year, and I'm kinda looking forward to the Chsmpionship in a weird way. I know there's a lot of football to play yet, but I don't think we have the mentality to stay up. 

Jesus Christ, so Norwich scraped a 1-0 win, lets all give up then is it? I hope the players don't have this mindset. What a ridiculous reaction.

It's not a reaction to Norwich winning, as I said, I don't think our players have the mentality to stay up. I'm not saying we should give up did I? Jesus.... I just said I personally am not bothered.  

Well I am bothered, I'm not "looking forward to the championship"  and i'm not accepting ere down when were only a quarter of the way through the season.

Were in a shit position and relegation looks as likely as it has in the past 5-6 seasons no doubt about that but first and foremost I'm looking forward to seeing what our new manager can potentially do, if he cant do anything better than Sherwood and we win 1-2 games in the next 10 then yea we can start thinking about the championship but I don't see the logic in starting a sentence with "Norwich winning. We are so screwed." and then claiming you aren't over-reacting.

• Like 2

Norwich winning. We are so screwed. I have to say, I've already accepted we're down this year, and I'm kinda looking forward to the Chsmpionship in a weird way. I know there's a lot of football to play yet, but I don't think we have the mentality to stay up. 

Jesus Christ, so Norwich scraped a 1-0 win, lets all give up then is it? I hope the players don't have this mindset. What a ridiculous reaction.

It's not a reaction to Norwich winning, as I said, I don't think our players have the mentality to stay up. I'm not saying we should give up did I? Jesus.... I just said I personally am not bothered.  

Well I am bothered, I'm not "looking forward to the championship"

It will be brilliant, more games and we can hopefully have a promotion thread. FWIW I really enjoyed our last promotion season under GT :D

Might have less points but right now I'd be more concerned supporting Sunderland and Bournemouth. Remi will have the dream start, get us 3 points then everything will suddenly look different. And then I will retire my crack pipe.

Sunderland 1-0 down.

Maybe but id love to have seen how Lambert would have coped with the lose of Benteke, Delph and Vlaar at the same time. I guess he would have shut up shop and squeezed out a few extra points but we would still all be complaining.

If Lambert had stayed we'd have probably (although not definitely) gone down but that wasn't my point. My point was that even under Lambert we never found ourselves with just 4 points in **** November. Yes Lerner's made some bad decisions but there's simply no excuses for us being in this position especially when teams with squads that are worse or just as bad have many more than us.

And really, the only big loss out of those 3 was Benteke. Delph was good but not amazing and Vlaar was a massive liability last season.

Sherwood did a terrible job this season - how can that even be disputed?

Well I am bothered, I'm not "looking forward to the championship"  and i'm not accepting ere down when were only a quarter of the way through the season.

And you're entitled to that opinion just as I am to mine. No need to jump on my post as if I said I want Hitler for PM...  :P

Edited by PieFacE

I'm pretty confident we will improve, and the crappy teams just ab above us will not. Swansea are in free fall, Watford will undoubtedly come crashing down, Norwich, Bournemouth, Sunderland, Newcastle...all sides that can go down. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty confident we will improve, and the crappy teams just ab above us will not. Swansea are in free fall, Watford will undoubtedly come crashing down, Norwich, Bournemouth, Sunderland, Newcastle...all sides that can go down. 

Not so sure about Watford, I quite like the look of them

It can't be disputed but my point is Sherwood is just another symptom of the virus which is Lerner and co. I don't understand how Sherwood can be resented for trying to do a job which he failed in and lost his job for. It's not like he wanted us in this position.

But Lerner should? It's not like he wants this either.

It can't be disputed but my point is Sherwood is just another symptom of the virus which is Lerner and co. I don't understand how Sherwood can be resented for trying to do a job which he failed in and lost his job for. It's not like he wanted us in this position.

The buck stops (pun unintended) with Lerner...

If we were another team, should we not win tomoz I think ppl would be saying that were as a good as down. 

I just can't see us getting 4/5 more points than 3 other teams. 

There aren't 3 teams worse than us. I'm not even sure there is 1.

The buck stops (pun unintended) with Lerner...

Lerner can't be blamed for everything though - he's not to blame for Sherwood being a complete fraud for example.

I think we will lose both. As I said it will get worse before it gets better. 

how could it actually get any worse than it is currently?

losing more games and mathematically getting cut adrift with no chance of survival perhaps

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Â