Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

I put a quid on us finishing top half at 80/1.  Stranger things have happened.

Name a "stranger thing" that has happened.

Actually looking back, two seasons ago Palace were as bad as us, they were bottom on 4-5 points when Holloway got sacked and Pulis came in and yet end of season they finished 11th, a point or two off the top half. Last season aswell they were in the bottom 3 at xmas and finished 10th, us in 03/04 would be another example.

It can be done but we'd have to go on a run the likes of which haven't been seen since 09/10, doing stuff like winning four games in a row for example.

If we do go down who do you think will stay and who will leave?

Stay:
Guzan
Bunn
Crespo
lescott
Clark
Okore
Hutton
Bacuna
Westwood
Sanchez
Veretout (Dependant on form for rest of season)
Grealish
Gestede
Kozak
Gabby

Leave:
Richards
Adama
Gana
Gil
Amavi
Chissoko
Ayew
Richardson (does his contract finish this season?)
Senderos
N'Zogbia
Cole

(sorry if i have missed anyone)

So after typing this out it kinda hit me how many people I think we have in the team who are realistically at championship standard. So without considering transfers if we were to go down we could potentially field:

Guzan

Hutton      Okore        Clark          ???

Bacuna      Westwood   Sanchez    Grealish

Gabby      Gestede

Subs: Bunn, Lescott, Crespo, Kozak (Academy Graduates)

Does anyone think that would be capable of coming straight back up? I'm not sure it would.  

Think Newcastle and Sunderland both will win today. It's a good job it's still early on in the season, I think it will get much worse before it gets better.

Undoubtedly. We ruined our chances by being rubbish against all the beatable teams. We've pretty much got to wait until round 2 of fixtures before we can pick up points.

Think Newcastle and Sunderland both will win today. It's a good job it's still early on in the season, I think it will get much worse before it gets better.

I have £100 on Newcastle to win and £50 on Sunderland to win, so that's good news for Villa because I'm bound to lose :D

Yes, but I think it's pretty obvious the point he was making

That we'll get relegated???

:rolleyes:

No. That staying up doesn't necessarily require 10 wins.

But it would be a petty freakish set of results that got us the points we need without 9 wins or fairly near that. Say we need as a bare minimum 32  more points to survive. We could achieve this on a spectrum from 10 wins/2 draws/15 losses stretching to 3 wins/23 draws/1 loss. 6 wins, as romavillan was championing, would require 14 draws (not 9 as he was confusingly suggesting) and 7 losses. I reckon W6 D14 L7 for the rest of the season would be pretty freakish, as indeed would be the next one down, W7 D11 L9. Certainly not something the manager should be planning for

Eight wins MINIMUM for me.

So not 10 then. Which was the point he was making.

Glad you've caught up.

If we do go down who do you think will stay and who will leave?

Stay:
Guzan
Bunn
Crespo
lescott
Clark
Okore
Hutton
Bacuna
Westwood
Sanchez
Veretout (Dependant on form for rest of season)
Grealish
Gestede
Kozak
Gabby

Leave:
Richards
Adama
Gana
Gil
Amavi
Chissoko
Ayew
Richardson (does his contract finish this season?)
Senderos
N'Zogbia
Cole

(sorry if i have missed anyone)

So after typing this out it kinda hit me how many people I think we have in the team who are realistically at championship standard. So without considering transfers if we were to go down we could potentially field:

Guzan

Hutton      Okore        Clark          ???

Bacuna      Westwood   Sanchez    Grealish

Gabby      Gestede

Subs: Bunn, Lescott, Crespo, Kozak (Academy Graduates)

Does anyone think that would be capable of coming straight back up? I'm not sure it would.  

Yes, I do think we will come back up............but don't busy your thoughts with it...........Its doable.

Were DOWN

this has been on the horizon for the last 5 years, the team the resource available have all been scaled back. The lack of base quality in the team is bare for all to see. 

I believe by the time the January market opens to allow the manager some movement, the gap between the bottom 3 and safety will be to great.

IMO Remi just has to much to do with far to little, can we bounce straight back? Really not so sure with the current squad.

100% hope I'm wrong but just can not see us getting out of this one! 

• Like 1

Were DOWN

this has been on the horizon for the last 5 years, the team the resource available have all been scaled back. The lack of base quality in the team is bare for all to see. 

I believe by the time the January market opens to allow the manager some movement, the gap between the bottom 3 and safety will be to great.

IMO Remi just has to much to do with far to little, can we bounce straight back? Really not so sure with the current squad.

100% hope I'm wrong but just can not see us getting out of this one! 

Could have sworn we aren't.....

• Like 2

I have £100 on Newcastle to win and £50 on Sunderland to win, so that's good news for Villa because I'm bound to lose :D

Well I just won £330 on Newcastle winning, not entirely sure how that just happened! They were shit :D. If Sunderland win that will be another £230 woo hoo. Bad news is we will be 7 points behind :(

Â