Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Nick a point at Everton and beat Watford and we'll be properly back in the game then. Still tough but things will look better with those two results.

My thoughts exactly, we need to be targeting 4 points from those game. If we can do that an other results go our way we have given ourselves a chance.

If we can stay within 5 points, which would likely require winning one of the next two I think we are in good shape going forward. If today is anything to go by that is.

I think we should target 6. I think we will get 4.

I have no doubt Learner would be willing to splash the cash but who are you going to buy? You can rule out any Premier League players so you'll need to look aboard...maybe a big money loan for a player benched at one of the bigger European teams. 

A goal keeper maybe an easier find. 

If were still in the mire come january, a Bent type signing will do us ok. I think Lerner will be happy to sign a big cheque to keep us in the Prem.

Well he wasn't the last 4 January transfer windows, so not sure why you're so confident for this one. 

If were still in the mire come january, a Bent type signing will do us ok. I think Lerner will be happy to sign a big cheque to keep us in the Prem.

Well he wasn't the last 4 January transfer windows, so not sure why you're so confident for this one. 

I agree, and furthermore, the idea of Lerner being 'happy' while signing 'big cheques' is not a mental image I can process. Still, Trent claims we're going to spend some money so hopefully he's right. 

Its amazing the impact one point can make.

If we can somehow conjure up a win against Everton - then suddenly everything will be looking very different. Newcastle play Leicester at home, and hopefully that game goes to form, likewise you would hope Palace get a result against Sunderland. Norwich go to Chelsea, and Bournemouth plat Swansea - they could go either way.

Winning at Goodison certainly won't be easy, but its do-able. 3 points there would bring us back in touching distance I think, and you would have to think we would be full of confidence going into the Watford game. Again though, who knows.

We certainly aren't out of it yet.

My prediction - I fancy us to get at least 4 points from Everton and Watford, and then we will be feeling like we are back in the mix, but then defeats against Arsenal and Southampton will deflate us massively.

Everything points to that Newcastle game being massive.

I think it could be the highest points tally for a while to stay up. They're certainly isn't as many poor teams as usual. Thankfully Bournemouth have been totally dicked by injuries. 

Teams that could possibly go down

Villa

Sunderland

Newcastle tho seem to be getting some form of act together

Bournemouth

Norwich

Your then hoping someone gets dragged into it. Maybe Watford, maybe Swansea.

I keep thinking Leicester are going to implode a la Blackpool but think their manager is too good and they've probably got too much now. They can't continue like they are tho surely?

I think we for once need to rely on us being good enough and yesterday showed that there is a chance that we are.

• Like 1

Leicester are on 25 points. I know it's not totally unprecedented for a team to collapse, but it would be the biggest collapse ever if they failed to get roughly 12 more points from the season. 

I think it's three out of us, Sunderland, Bournemouth and Norwich myself. 

Bournmouth and Norwich have a very bad games coming. Newcastle and Sunderland have more tricky games like us. Swansea have mixed ones.

If we somehow won against Everton, I think a Bournmouth win next week would do us good. They still have to play 4 of tge big boys I assume.

WBA are another team who could get dragged soon to this s**t. Them losing next week and us winning would put them in some pressure.

Chelsea have a big say in this right now. Theyll be playing couple of relegation teams. They either up their game and climb the table. Or do a big surprise by entering the relegation zone at this stage. 

Lets just win next game and things will look bright. Even that we wont be outside of the relegation zone by then.

• Like 1

Â