Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Swansea are involved until they realise they need to drop Fabianski ....everyone goal scored against them he's usually at fault, terrible for Poland too.

He's more of a liability than Guzan, quite an achievement., 

I haven't watched much of Swansea this year but I very much doubt this is the case. He was excellent last season, named the GK of the year by numerous publications and the best statistically, according to WhoScored.

Last two games he's been at fault for goals.

Swansea are involved until they realise they need to drop Fabianski ....everyone goal scored against them he's usually at fault, terrible for Poland too.

He's more of a liability than Guzan, quite an achievement., 

I haven't watched much of Swansea this year but I very much doubt this is the case. He was excellent last season, named the GK of the year by numerous publications and the best statistically, according to WhoScored.

Last two games he's been at fault for goals.

And he has been awesome for Poland :)

My Arsenal mate calls him Flappy-hand-ski. I've never much trusted him myself though he admittedly had a good season last time out. Swansea peaked as a team last season too, that confidence spreads.

I wouldn't want him here, for example. Swansea aren't in this conversation regardless, they've way too much.

I am not being funny but teams have stayed up in worser position than what we are in. barring arsenal we have played all the top side now. If we can go on a run anything is possible, all it takes is a 2-0 for example against everton and then the situation completely changes. i am sick of being negative and i am going to start believing again. garde although one game clearly has more tactical awareness than the last manager so i am hopeful he can produce a miracle

we are still going down imo

Stranger things have happened. Look at Leicesters run under Pearson last year and I seem to remember Wigan going on a riduculous run under Martinez too to save their bacon. It doesnt look very good I admit but Im fairly sure the Leicester and Wigan fans probably thought the same. I too think we will go down but you nver know, Bournemouth ,Sunderland,Newcastle don't look in great shape either and Swansea are in bad form and I think Norwich will be lurking in the bottom 5 too. 4 points from Everton and Watford and maybe it looks a little better depnding on other results. ( the 4 points is a very ask I know)

I think momentum & nerves will play a big part in who goes down

we really need to avoid 1 defeat against Everton or Soton

3 pts isnt a must against Watford because they're more of a settled side than us and we cant afford to underestimate them

Not getting hammered by Arsenal would be good. A narrow defeat still being in with a chance the whole game wouldnt do too much damage to our confidence.

Momentum should see us out of the bottom 3 in January

I think we can hold our nerves for the rest of the season due to past experiences. But I expect it to get a bit hairy more than once.

Bournemouth will soon lose all belief when their good football gets them no goals (injuries to their strikers have really fooked them)

Sunderland are just shite and theres not much Big Sam can do about their disjointed squad.

Norwich seem to me to be a little lightweight, they'll get a few results but I dont think they'll get any momentum going and nerves will get them in the end

Newcastle could do one and completely fall apart because I think McClaren will do another Wally with a brolly and lose all sense of purpose.

Toon really know how to fook themselves

That's 4 teams that can realistically be below us come May

Swansea could possibly drop like a stone if Monk starts losing his nerve. And if they lose Williams &/or Shelvey in the January window, they will be in serious trouble.

my 3 would be

18 Norwich

19 Sunderland

20 Bournemouth

Newcastle and possibly Swansea trying hard to replace one of them

i think we can only go down if some of the following happen

1) Guzan gets long term injury after January if a replacement isnt bought in the transfer window

2) Richards & Clark miss too many matches

3) Sanchez gets injured

4) Ayew & Gestede dont score 20+ goals/We dont buy a striker in Jan who gets 10+ Goals

5) Remi leaves

i would be both surprised and disappointed if we weren't a composed compact unit by January.

And

Our squad isn't worse than at least 4 teams. We just had a horrendous start and need to play catch up.

Villa till I die

Edited by Grasshopper

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when sky's are grey....

Sorry just felt the need to burst into song there :)

You may be right, history and the odds are firmly against us that's for sure.

But most sides in our position would be there on merit, I think ours is a false position due to Sherwood. 

We aren't good but we aren't that bad either.

At least under Garde we might have a chance, personally I think we'll do it .

• Like 1

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when sky's are grey....

Sorry just felt the need to burst into song there :)

You may be right, history and the odds are firmly against us that's for sure.

But most sides in our position would be there on merit, I think ours is a false position due to Sherwood. 

We aren't good but we aren't that bad either.

At least under Garde we might have a chance, personally I think we'll do it .

I hear what you are saying just not sure how the squad will cope with finding themselves in the bottom three even after a two win run.  They may be a good set of players (better than their position) but are they able to cope with the relegation battle that we are now in all season.  Just think we have had too much damage.  Hope I am wrong though as I dont want us to have to rebuild again next season for a championship push and then start again in the premiership the year after,  lost years for me.  Would much rather the bulk of the squad stays together and he builds in the premiersjhip.

I think it's impossible to say if we're going down at the moment.

I think after the Everton and Watford game we'll have an idea. If we've shown that we've turned a corner and pick up some results then I'd be optimistic about our chances going forward.

If we've reverted to the kind of form we showed under Sherwood then we're doomed.

Just like last season we took the necessary step and sacked an incompetent manager, giving us at least the chance to stay up.

If the board acted too late only time will tell.

Obviously I hope we stay up, maybe now more than ever because of the TV deal and the fact that I feel Rèmi can build something here (especially should we finally get a new owner).

Bournemouth are similar to us. Deserved more points than they have so far. Newcastle and even our game they didn't deserve to lose. Just like us they need a striker or two. Difference is they will be backed in January.  Will we?

The problem for Garde is he doesn't have much time to turn the results around. We're cut adrift as it is and we can't afford to get further adrift. Watford could end up being a must win game.

It already is, all home games outside the top 6 are for us now.

• Like 1

Â