Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

18 hours ago, VillaForever1970 said:

Its admirable people still think we’ll stay up.

I’m all for going down and actually scoring some goals and winning some football matches (hopefully) next season.

People really do get far too worked up about the premier league. Fed up of constantly losing with nothing to even cheer anymore.

We last won in August FFS!

Im with you, its never nice to get relegated, but I am so bored of the premier league now Id actually look forward to a year in the championship......... hopefully a year anyway.   New grounds to visit, clearout of the words removed who don the shirt now, blood and thunder football.......... be like going back to the 80s and 90s when, for me, football was great......... its wank now.. tip tap bollocks

• Like 1

I've accepted we're down already as there's no way back from our position with this squad. 

For what it's worth i actually do think the Premier League is a bit of a farce at the moment as it's full of what i class as small secondary clubs which for me don't exactly make me want to spend a small fortune to go. Swansea, Watford, Leicester, Norwich, Bournemouth, Leicester, Stoke, Sunderland, Crystal Palace etc do not appeal quite frankly. Ok i would miss games against the Manchester clubs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs & the scousers and maybe Newcastle but that's 16 from 38 games meaning over half of them are against teams i have no real interest in watching. Then take into account that we perennially lose virtually all of those 16 games year in year out and it makes the whole Premier League experience rather pointless.

Compare that to the Championship when of course there are some even worse fixtures but there will also be games against clubs like Leeds, Forest, Cardiff, Burnley, Hull, Fulham, QPR, Ipswich, Sheff Weds, Derby, Wolves, Middlesboro plus 2 who get relegated along with us of course. So yes it's a drop in standard but for me at least half the games are on a par with or better than the majority of games in the Premier League anyway and if we did ok we'd likely meet some of the Premier League "Big Boys" in the cups anyway.

The thing is for the first time in years i would look forward to games thinking we had a 50/50 chance of winning for a change making the whole match day experience more worthwhile.

My biggest fear is if we don't get sold however as regardless of what league we're in having poor leadership at the top (Yes you Lerner, Fox et al) will mean we continue to fail. The good times will 100% not return until we have an ambitious owner at the helm so i am more interested in what happens regards a sale as to which division we end up in. There is no point being in any division if you lack ambition, it makes it a complete waste of time & money.

Every weekend is massive from here on in but if we can somehow reduce the gap this weekend it'll give such a boost to the squad. Playing our main rivals away from home in the coming weeks can be a big advantage as long as we perform. 

I look at Everton, then I look at us, and get depressed. we were neck and neck with Everton, Spurs etc, really goes to show how poor the board decisions have been over the years. We even got a head start with the takeover etc. Everton have done what they have on a modest, but stable budget. In all honesty, I still believe we can stay up, but in some sense accept that we may also need to go down and start over. I think if we can keep Garde, Fox, and key players such as Ayew, Vertout, Traore etc. We would become an even stronger unit, those new players get the experience and playing time, we get rid of the deadwood etc. alot of people have complained about Fox but I actually think the guy is quite switched on and is trying to go the Arsenal way. No one Manager, or board member could have fixed the mess we were in overnight. Still want us to stay up though. UTV!

Alot of winnable games, or at least they would be if we weren't so shite, coming up over Xmas. The predictable dismal points haul from that will end any remaining hope that anyone has about us staying up. FL72 here we come.

24 minutes ago, John said:

Norwich getting a point is another nail in our coffin. We have had next to no help from clubs like Chelsea, Liverpool and now Everton of late. Still at least they only took one point.  

Teams will pick up points, we can't think every time they score a goal it's the end of the world. They should have won the game as well.

PaulC.

Yes you need other teams not to get results. If somehow youve improved your form yet the gap was very big then what have you gain?

We are having Arsenal which losing to them isnt the end of the world so we need teams to lose although I think we will get something from this game. 

Would be funny somehow to end 15 years without beating Arsenal in this season lol.

Other teams results are very crucial to us. Last season we lost to Southampton 6-1 yet managed to get safe at the end of day thanks to other results.

Anyway we need to get near the 19th as soon as possible. Getting out of the bottom would give us a real boast.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

just said on Sky we have scored 2 goals 4 times this season and got 1 point

Every game we've lost bar Everton and Tottenham was by a single goal. We almost draw every game... Why can't we score 2 when we concede just one?

Not bad results today for Villa. Two losses and a draw for the teams around us it looks like. 

If we beat Arsenal tomorrow we go within 3 points of Sunderland.... Just saying like

If somehow Newcastle and Bournmouth lost. It will be good two weeks in general for us. 

If we get something from Arsenal then it will definitly be.

Although the next two weeks will be massive.

Watford are doing their job. Hopefully the word remove could do something similar although I doubt it. They will have 3 games.

Â