Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yeah I take the piss out of Villa more than I praise them up.

There's not really an alternative. I've just finished a ten-week course in London, trying to get a professional qualification. On the first day, the lads got chatting, 'who do you support' etc. Told them. Over the ten weeks, it became a running joke that we hadn't won a game (the Birmingham match was the week before I began). Of course, we never did win a match, so every week it was the same, 'so how shit were Villa this week then'. 

You have to laugh. If you didn't laugh you'd cry. 

So...Amavi:  Made a few early mistakes but looked a great signing until he got crocked.

Ayew:  Took a few games, but looks good.

Veretout: took longer, but given enough game time now seems to be coming good.

Okore back and had a good game.

There is definite, if painfully slow, progress being made.  If Jack's kick up the bum has the right effect, who knows - we might be getting somewhere.  IF they all start playing well consistently and at the same time....will probably just click in time for the next Arsenal game!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Woodytom said:

With regards laursen:

Again OT, but the sheer disbelief that a supporter could possibly want more from a player who whilst there is no doubt was an asset, managed less than a 100 games and captained us to what? 6th - ok we'd all take it now but - big deal, shows the mentality of the fans and dare I say the club.

It is ok to want more from these people yknow? Man Utd are battling for the title. Do the fans expect more? Of course they do. 

I think had laursen not got injured and **** off to a bigger club, nobody would ridicule such an opinion. Let's face it nobody batters an eyelid when Yorke, barry and young come under a bit of scrutiny in here. Yet all delivered much more to avfc than laursen.

Yeah and Le Tissier never won the CL for Southampton. The word removed.

Edited by rodders0223

30 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Without wishing to trawl back several pages to find out, can someone briefly explain what any of this has got to do with relegation in 2015/6?

we are trying to forget this season completely ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think I'm more optimistic on here because others are so mind numbingly negative that it needs a bit of balance brought to the situation.

Trouble with that (all of it not just your bit), is it can end up with too many over optimistic and too many over-negative posts - just too an extreme a debate, where (probably) people are countering each others extremes and no one is writing about the actual reality, perhaps? You're quite at liberty to do it, as are the people you see as "mind numbingly negative", but I think it's a shame more people don't write, just, what they actually feel and think, rather than coating it with sugar/acid. Perhaps why football fans get called fickle?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Woodytom said:

True Zatman. To try and remain positive I'm telling myself that this is just the average dogshit villa run we've become accustomed to. It just looks worse coz it's happening at the start of the season.

Deep down I know however, that we don't have a manager as good as lambert nor do we have players anywhere near the level of vlaar, Delph and Cleverley. Even Weimann. 

As for benteke, whose hardly setting the world a light at plop. Well he's probably the best player we will have for the next 20/30 years unless something dramatic changes regarding our fortunes on how the club is run.

Ayew is better than Weimann. Can't argue about any player coming close to the others you mentioned now Amavi is injured though. Lambert a good manager though....!

Edited by VillaChris

How on earth are people comparing Weimann with Grealish or Traore.

Traore has only started once in a cup game and went injured.

Weimann was the most player apart from Guzan to feature!

Let Traore to play all that then compare him.

To give a player less than 20 minutes every game and compare him ti someone who make all exciting you have to go just by seeing him in the team sheet is really unfair.

Now that doesnt say that Traore doesnt frustrate by trying to go past 4 players all the times.

Anyway I just hope Arsenal to qualify now. Could be better for us to play them than them getting out.

Better for us Arsenal win...they are an odd team that always turn up when they need to and when under pressure....as they won tonight and won their last Premier League match there isn't much pressure to win on Sunday for them...a draw would be fine for them.

If this sounds like straw clutching, it's because it is.

9 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Better for us Arsenal win...they are an odd team that always turn up when they need to and when under pressure....as they won tonight and won their last Premier League match there isn't much pressure to win on Sunday for them...a draw would be fine for them.

If this sounds like straw clutching, it's because it is.

A draw isn't fine for any team going to VP, let alone Arsenal! 

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Trouble with that (all of it not just your bit), is it can end up with too many over optimistic and too many over-negative posts - just too an extreme a debate, where (probably) people are countering each others extremes and no one is writing about the actual reality, perhaps? You're quite at liberty to do it, as are the people you see as "mind numbingly negative", but I think it's a shame more people don't write, just, what they actually feel and think, rather than coating it with sugar/acid. Perhaps why football fans get called fickle?

I don't think I'm overly optimistic. I think I sit somewhere in the middle.

I meant I'm more optimistic on VT than I am when I talk to my friends or colleagues about football

Â