Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

A shock win and the gap is only 5. Let's try remain positive.  We're looking better with Okore at the back. Grealish is back. We're at home against an injury hit gunners coming off a midweek game of high emotions.  We can do it. Come in you lions!!

• Like 2

Sorry mate we can't , at least your far enough away to escape watching the dross we are served up week in week out.this team would struggle in the championship. We're going down make no mistake, I've tried to be positive for the last four years but the fact remains

we have owner who wants out , a squad that is simply not good enough to sustain our premiership status. We're going down it's just a question of how far.

Yep can't expect help from any other team. We have to look after our own results.

Very much this

You worry about other teams results when you've got ten games left, five games left, not we are now and how bad we are now, sort ourselves out first, if we hit a silly run then there's nothing anyone else can do

28 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I still believe.

I have so much respect for you mate and I am also a little jealous. I never ever thought I would ever be defeatist about this club but I am now. I am 41 years old and though I lived through the title/European cup winning seasons I was only 7/8 years old so its a vague memory and I never really started watching us regularly until about 1984. I have seen us go down before but this is the lowest I have felt. I am now in my 28th year on the trot as a season ticket holder and have always backed this club to the hilt but I genuinely see no way out of this now and it is a horrible feeling. I so hope you are right and I am wrong.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I'm normally a great fan of stats but, really, did you have to pile it on quite that thick? :(

I might be wrong but if we lose tomorrow I think that's 8 wins in the last 50 league games (ie this season + last season bar the first 4 games) - which would be a cracking 16% win ratio. And 4 of those have been away from home (Palace, Sunderland, Spurs, Bournemouth) .Leicester, West Brom, West Ham and Everton are the only home wins in over 14 months in the league. Hmmmm, stats.

9 minutes ago, KSV said:

I havent missed a game in 5 years +. Its different not going to the stadium of course but i have watched all our dross performances. I just think we can upset Arsenal. Just like City. Theres no expectation or pressure on us to win. Im hoping it may finally click. If we go down... we can be negative then... until then.. we are not dead and buried yet. We need to support our club and make it an intimidating atmosphere @ VP. Its just too quiet sometimes and can make the players nervy. I know we havent got much to cheer about lately but thats our job to lift the players too. Dont give up everyone.. Not yet.

Agreed. All we can do at this point is SUPPORT our team.

2 hours ago, KHV said:

From their starting eleven all eleven would get in to the villa team because we are the worst team in premier league history and nobody that plays for us gives a flying **** about aston villa

We really aren't.

16 minutes ago, KSV said:

We need to support our club and make it an intimidating atmosphere @ VP. Its just too quiet sometimes and can make the players nervy. I know we havent got much to cheer about lately but thats our job to lift the players too. Dont give up everyone.. Not yet.

I used to be in this boat mate but when you have been served up dross week in week out for pretty much 5 years then it wears those fans down that go week in week out.
If it was purely based on vocal support and the will of the fans then we'd be top half of the league comfortably as you give us as supporters something half decent to watch and more important give your all to a man every week then we'll back you. For too long now this club, right from the owner down to the players, has failed to do that and they are now reaping what they have sowed. I will be at VP tomorrow just as I have for as long as I can remember but neither me nor any other fan can change that sadly.

• Like 1

Â