Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Minor point this, but has anybody heard about changes to the training regime or general office hours at Villa lately? 

Driving past Bodymoor Heath in the morning I have noticed that security guys at the gates are there before 8am whereas I never used to see them, and general activity in the area seems to have increased as well.

Maybe it is nothing, or maybe the threat of relegation has resulted in longer working hours being mandated there?

Mellberg and Laursen were both absolute brilliant.  Absolute warriors and real club men.

However, I would say Southgate and Ehiogu were even better.  Especially a back 3 of them 2 and McGrath (fap fap fap).  What I wouldn't give for that now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Haha, it must have been that season he was half decent and as good as zat knight that he got into the team of the season?

Cost us the final? Do me a favour. Yeah he was at fault for a goal but how many goals did laursen cost charging about like a mad man?

Dunne had one good seaosn what happened after that refresh my memory. In fact he was only good for half a season. laursen was in a  poorer side yet he still performed better than Dunne in my view.

Yeah Dunnes major mistake that cost us dearly. It was his fault he bottled it

We need 30 points from the remaining 23 games. 

The last time we went on a run like that was the final 23 league games under Houllier and G Mac.  After we signed Bent and had young and downing playing well. 

I just don't see this squad being able to match that kind of run. 

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We need 30 points from the remaining 23 games. 

The last time we went on a run like that was the final 23 league games under Houllier and G Mac.  After we signed Bent and had young and downing playing well. 

I just don't see this squad being able to match that kind of run. 

They are nowhere near being capable of that kind of run. We will go down without even bothering to put up a fight 

9 hours ago, Adbo9 said:

I gotta admit ive never understood really why people say "we need a new mellberg or laursen"............ when IMO id rather us have a new "Ehiogu or Southgate"........... These two never get discussed and were far better players, in far better teams, and actually won us honours............

You realise how long ago it was, right? There are people old enough to drink who will have never seen Southgate and Ehiogu play together for Villa. Those honours were 20/22 seasons ago!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You realise how long ago it was, right? There are people old enough to drink who will have never seen Southgate and Ehiogu play together for Villa. Those honours were 20/22 seasons ago!

stop making us feel old :P

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

What's worse is they both left us for boro! The demise of Aston Villa happened quite a while ago, new ownership just gave us a false dawn. 

edit: wtf am I that old!!!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

West Ham has to be a win surely. They'll struggle to even field a 11 with all the injuries they're getting currently and we beat them end of last season with Sherwood.

If we can't get 4 points off them and Newcastle you might aswell close us down for the second half of the season.

Not far off I'd say. At worst two draws v Norwich and Sunderland just so they don't pull even further clear of us and 4 points from West Ham and Newcastle.

Even that massive upturn only leaves us on 12 points. We really need to be not far off 20 points after the West Brom game to even stand a chance. Not very likely based on present form but that's what we're going need. 

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Why would people be "bitter towards players that have moved on the bigger n better things" when talking about Dunne, Ehioghu and Southgate?

I wasn't meaning dunne. Southgate and Ehiogu went on to bigger n better things at the time.

Point is that if laursen had have moved on then I don't believe he would have been looked at as favourably.

Not saying that he was a bad player or anything just that the unfortunate way in which his career ended, boosted his reputation. As did 4000 shirts in mellberg's case.

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Now Mellberg's overrated . . . :rolleyes:

Just ridiculous to suggest that players of mellberg's ilk were overated. I mean it's not as if villa fans have a tendency to overated players. Nor is it in doubt the success we had with players like that in the team.

How will we ever get back to winning so many trophies?

23 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I wasn't meaning dunne. Southgate and Ehiogu went on to bigger n better things at the time.

Hardly. They left villa to join a Boro side fighting relegation, although I guess Southgate joined a bit later so they were probably comfortable by then.

I think you'd be hard pushed to class that as "bigger and better things"

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

Â