Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

1 hour ago, supernova26 said:

Better for us Arsenal win...they are an odd team that always turn up when they need to and when under pressure....as they won tonight and won their last Premier League match there isn't much pressure to win on Sunday for them...a draw would be fine for them.

If this sounds like straw clutching, it's because it is.

Nah don' think that's a great result for us at all (I really this is probably a futile point as Arsenal will probably batter us regardless just like they did last season).

Would've been better for us if Arsenal had been knocked out tonight...they're the sort of team that go into depression for a few weeks after a bad result.

However glorious progression, Giroud hat trick, comfortable 1-3 win for them on Sunday.

58 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I really have no idea why we're even talking about this. If Arsenal turn up in the right frame of mind, they'll batter us, end of. 

This. Arsenal's give and go 100 miles an hour football is something we just don't have the tools to defend against. Crapping my pants as to what might happen on Sunday to be honest.

I'm going to be honest, I've only just looked at the table for the first time in ages because thanks to Timmy I'd accepted relegation a long time ago.

i wish I hadn't looked. Bad start to the day. ☹️

Edited by sexbelowsound

18 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Laursen was overated. Not saying he was a bad player but it's very rarely villa players aren't overated. Awful fitness wise and cost a lot of goals with his bull in a China shop approach.

Very good defender in terms of villa however, we didn't wait long at all for one to perform better. Like I said, the season dunne came in, laursen was not missed one bit.

But my point was that even when we do acquire a good player, he's an injury prone disaster waiting to happen.

Dunne better than Laursen is that a wind up? Dunne had one half decent season (lets not forget he cost us the cup final as well) then he was crap. Laursen was injury prone but each season he came back he was consistently good. Dunne for me was as good as Zat Knight. Knight started well then went same path

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I really have no idea why we're even talking about this. If Arsenal turn up in the right frame of mind, they'll batter us, end of. 

the only way I can us winning is by frustrating them and counter attack. if we go all guns blazing they will murder us on the counter attack. only way to win is keep hold of the ball so they dont get it. we have to hope they have jet lag from this tough game they had midweek

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Of course.

But you could say that about any team in the top half of the table. if they turn up and play their best they'll beat us.

It's like I keep saying, all we can do is play as well as we can in order to capitalise on an off day by the opposition. We did it against City and Southampton. They didn't have their best of days and we were good enough to squeeze a point out of them.

But you're right. If Arsenal turn up and are on it then they'll win. We just have to hope they have an off day :)

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said: I really have no idea why we're even talking about this. If Arsenal turn up in the right frame of mind, they'll batter us, end of. 

the only way I can us winning is by frustrating them and counter attack. if we go all guns blazing they will murder us on the counter attack. only way to win is keep hold of the ball so they dont get it. we have to hope they have jet lag from this tough game they had midweek

You do know that jet lag on a short haul flight from Greece is not really a straw to clutch at don't you? [emoji2]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Dunne better than Laursen is that a wind up? Dunne had one half decent season (lets not forget he cost us the cup final as well) then he was crap. Laursen was injury prone but each season he came back he was consistently good. Dunne for me was as good as Zat Knight. Knight started well then went same path

Haha, it must have been that season he was half decent and as good as zat knight that he got into the team of the season?

Cost us the final? Do me a favour. Yeah he was at fault for a goal but how many goals did laursen cost charging about like a mad man?

Laursen was a warrior, but I agree, just never on the pitch enough for me to go down as a legend.................. I also think Dunne is talked down on by the villa fans as I though Dunne (until the end when villa went tits anyway) was a very good player for us, same goes for Collins........... and they at least gave us full seasons duty

I gotta admit ive never understood really why people say "we need a new mellberg or laursen"............ when IMO id rather us have a new "Ehiogu or Southgate"........... These two never get discussed and were far better players, in far better teams, and actually won us honours............

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

Laursen was a warrior, but I agree, just never on the pitch enough for me to go down as a legend.................. I also think Dunne is talked down on by the villa fans as I though Dunne (until the end when villa went tits anyway) was a very good player for us, same goes for Collins........... and they at least gave us full seasons duty

I gotta admit ive never understood really why people say "we need a new mellberg or laursen"............ when IMO id rather us have a new "Ehiogu or Southgate"........... These two never get discussed and were far better players, in far better teams, and actually won us honours............

Absolutely bang on the money.

I think people are genuinely bitter towards players that have moved on the bigger n better things. Suddenly they are not as good as they actually are in villa fans mind.

I mean to some folk on here, Delph wasn't actually that good and we don't miss him. The lads starting in the champions league ffs. While we havent won for 4 months.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Absolutely bang on the money.

I think people are genuinely bitter towards players that have moved on the bigger n better things. Suddenly they are not as good as they actually are in villa fans mind.

I mean to some folk on here, Delph wasn't actually that good and we don't miss him. The lads starting in the champions league ffs. While we havent won for 4 months.

Why thank you Woodtom - at least someone actually agrees with one of my ramblings..................

I think weve had far better players than Laursen and Mellberg in my era that deserve more high praise than those two, and that's not trying to downtread Laursen and Mellberg.......... they were good players........... IMO Southgate, Ehiogu were better players for our club, won us honours and also when they moved on, whether we as fans liked it or not, made us a stack of cash as well...........

Just now, Adbo9 said:

Why thank you Woodtom - at least someone actually agrees with one of my ramblings..................

I think weve had far better players than Laursen and Mellberg in my era that deserve more high praise than those two, and that's not trying to downtread Laursen and Mellberg.......... they were good players........... IMO Southgate, Ehiogu were better players for our club, won us honours and also when they moved on, whether we as fans liked it or not, made us a stack of cash as well...........

Mellberg had a great beard, your forgetting the beard!! Never underestimate the power of a great beard

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

Mellberg had a great beard, your forgetting the beard!! Never underestimate the power of a great beard

True, True - A beard in the eyes of villa fans makes you far better than you actually are..............

Its a good job Ugo didn't grow a beard as he would look like Theophilus P Wildebeeste........ and I don't reckon Southgate could even grow a beard............

I actually think Alpay was tremendous for 18months and completely got hung out to dry by the club and Graham Taylor imperticularly.............. If only he had a beard.......... :)

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

oh dear :lol:

Â