Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Sunderland losing was very good news, they're as bad as we are at home, bet the SOL was fun at the final whistle today.

Hopefully Newcastle will get battered at Spurs tomorrow so will lose all their confidence before they play us.

The big Elephant in the room is we don't really look capable of winning a game or stringing a few results so that makes these weekends when other teams don't win a bit redundant. That needs to change soon.

This is a really good time to play Man. United, don't all laugh but I actually think we'd get something off them with the line up they have out.

I did think with at least what they had out at least in attack they could outscore Bournemouth or just draw the game. Typical one of the rare occasions you actually want Man. United to win a game, they fail dismally.

Our task looks to be now to finish above Norwich and both NE teams. We aren't capable of that. 

Let's hope those Murray misses are turning points and Man Utd  get back into the game. Murray looks like he thinks he's playing with Pro Evo controls, but is actually on FIFA

• Like 1

The results this past few weeks are looking a bit odd. it's like the end of the season where 'lesser' clubs drag results from games they really should not have any right to win/draw. Practically every team in the league looks capable of getting points.... bar one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Hope fades & reality bites. But I'm Villa till I die ! 

Face it guys ww are down. Bournmouth deserve to stay up likw every other team, we are only side that deserve to go down as we have garbage all season showing no guts or fight.

Bournmouths team is no better than ours but they fight unlike our chumps 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Face it guys ww are down. Bournmouth deserve to stay up likw every other team, we are only side that deserve to go down as we have garbage all season showing no guts or fight.

Yeah yeah

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

We've just lacked belief and bottle since the Leicester game, that 20 minutes has killed our season.

I don't think we'd be that high in the league even if we'd won that afternoon but we would've had 7 points and I can't believe we'd have gone on such a bad run.

At least with 12-13 points they'd still be hope, the task wouldn't look so monumental as it looks now. 

• Like 1

I said at the start of the week that if we are to have any chance of staying up we have to win tomorrow to kick start our season and having gone another point away from safety that is even more important now.

Bournemouth have shown the last two weeks, Newcastle showed last week and West Brom showed a couple of weeks ago in beating Arsenal that poorer sides can beat the tops sides and we have to do that now.

It is unreal looking at the table and seeing the three promoted sides 19, 10 and 8 points above us.

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Quite true, I think theres a few players i would swap but Bournemouth have a great manager.

There's no way can anyone at any point say it's because we brought in too many players in the summer. Watford bought more and are currently on the fringe of the top four! 

So, what's the difference between us? Are their signings better? Is it the manager? Is it momentum from being promoted last season? Whatever it is, someone on the Villa payroll needs to suss it out and get us some. 

Bournemouth have long-standing values and a way of playing that's just continued into the PL. We have no footballing identity and that's the difference between us. 

Maybe Garde can start that work and continue it throughout the Championship next season so that we have a good chance of coming back up and staying there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

I still believe our squad is better than Norwich, Bournemouth, West Brom, Newcastle and Sunderland. It's quite simply incredible how far away we are from safety at this point in the season. 

I used to think that. In fact add Watford in to that list. However I came to the conclusion a couple of weeks ago that I was way wide of the mark. This is at present a poor squad of players and has been all season. Some players may well improve the more they get used to this league but it will all come too late.

We can argue all night about the merits of Sherwood and to a lesser extent Garde but the bottom line is the players haven't been good enough and when the going has gotten tough in games they have gone missing too many times and lacked a pair of balls.

Â