Adama Traore

mwj

Raheem Sterling was one of best young players in europe not so long ago.....

Adama needs to be kept. When you watch championship clubs the thing you  notice are how slow the back 4s are, even with the top teams.

Newcastle will probably win the league next season and we all saw how poor their defence was last season against pace.

Adama will create havoc down there I think.

6 hours ago, 1958Villan said:

For all of the excitement, that Traore creates, I'm afraid he is one of those Raheem Sterling style players.

Flattering to deceive all of the time.

A flash Dan with no, or very little end product. And what is needed in the game is players who produce an end product on a consistent basis.

Barcelona were willing to let him go, which says to me, that they had given up on ever turning him into a team player.

I agree with this

i still think he needs a hell of a lot of coaching, his athleticism is there for all to see but his football brain simply isn't, he needs to adapt his game to run on to things, play on the last man and chase things over the top, at the moment he wants to drop deep collect the ball and then run at people and that's before you then start looking at his ball hogging and crossing which are both pretty poor

the other thing is he didn't play for Barcelona, he played for Barcelona B, a Barcelona B team that were relegated to the 3rd tier of Spanish football, the notion that he'll tear the championship apart, before joining us he did pretty much nothing in the Spanish second division 

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I agree with this

i still think he needs a hell of a lot of coaching, his athleticism is there for all to see but his football brain simply isn't, he needs to adapt his game to run on to things, play on the last man and chase things over the top, at the moment he wants to drop deep collect the ball and then run at people and that's before you then start looking at his ball hogging and crossing which are both pretty poor

the other thing is he didn't play for Barcelona, he played for Barcelona B, a Barcelona B team that were relegated to the 3rd tier of Spanish football, the notion that he'll tear the championship apart, before joining us he did pretty much nothing in the Spanish second division 

He did play for Barcelona and scored a goal in the champions league. 

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'm concerned we are throwing him into the deep end here, the championship is no place for a 13 year old.

We must hold onto this fastest boy alive, Billy Whizz.  

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Raheem Sterling was one of best young players in europe not so long ago.....

He really wasn't....... Don't believe everything spouted by the press/Sky. If he was playing for West Brom back then and not Liverpool do you think anyone would have made any fuss?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I agree with this

I'd say the havoc he caused against teams like Palace, Sunderland and Arsenal suggest that he will 'tear' the Championship apart. Do you remember his cameo against Arsenal where he ran from the half way line, past 2 or 3 of their players and into their box before having a shot? 

Seriously, his pace and skill will be far too much for that league, it's a really poor league where players such as Tom Ince are standout talents for their pace and skill, Adama has more than him in that respect.

17 hours ago, 1958Villan said:

For all of the excitement, that Traore creates, I'm afraid he is one of those Raheem Sterling style players.

Flattering to deceive all of the time.

A flash Dan with no, or very little end product. And what is needed in the game is players who produce an end product on a consistent basis.

Barcelona were willing to let him go, which says to me, that they had given up on ever turning him into a team player.

The way he plays means that he will miss a lot of playing time because he will be continually injured. A shame really because the young man obviously has a great deal of natural talent but, just doesn't have the brain cells to make the most of it.

I really don't understand how you can come to this decision.  He has barely played for us,  he was injured or not selected for the vast majority of last season. 

What I do know is that video of him playing for the reserves just after he joined showed he can go through less capable players like a knife through butter.  I have a feeling he will do very well in the Aston Villa founded football league. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I really don't understand how you can come to this decision.  He has barely played for us,  he was injured or not selected for the vast majority of last season. 

What I do know is that video of him playing for the reserves just after he joined showed he can go through less capable players like a knife through butter.  I have a feeling he will do very well in the Aston Villa founded football league. 

It's clear why some of us have differing opinions on Adama, and where he is as a player right now.

I too saw those highlights of the reserve game, where him, Grealish and Gil played really well together. But seeing about 6 minutes of highlights of a 90 minute game against a reserve team, can be taken two ways.

It was the same when the reserves played against Baggies. People, including baggies fans, were saying how Adama was the best player on the pitch, and yet we lost IIRC, to a team who went down to 10 men after 70 minutes, and Adama got neither a goal or an assist.

Obviously, with better players around him, he'll do better. But if he was genuinely this near-finished article capable of tearing up slow Championship defences on his own, then he would have done that to a number of reserve team defences, including a baggies reserve team of 10 men.

I'm a big fan of Adama. But I definitely agree with the notion that he needs some coaching to really perfect his game. He does wait for the ball to come to him deep, too often, when his pace could be utilised by running onto a through ball.

10 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He did play for Barcelona and scored a goal in the champions league. 

He played about 3 games for the 1st team, not sure how many were as sub appearances 

that to me doesn't justify the notion that he's a good player because we got him from Barcelona, if you look at the level he was playing week in week out with barca b it was lower than the championship 

we we got him from the worst Barcelona youth team in recent memory, it should have no bearing on people's judgement of him

Edited by villa4europe

I just feel that with Adama, you get what it says on the tin.

The need for coaching is over used. He has been coached for years at a very high level. He will have been told of the need to look up, pick out a man and track back umpteen times.

When travelling at the speed that Adama does, it is even harder to look up and judge where your team mates are and are going to be. If he gets that coached into him, he will be straight on the plane back to Barcelona. It is of course easier said than done.

Adama will get goals next season. He will create goals as well. If there is a better wide player in the championship than Adama then I'll be happy toign him and let Adama go. I personally don't think that player exists though.

His crossing isn't great but balls into the box don't always have to be high-Some of Adamas are, some of them are not. A ball into the box gives defenders something they have to deal with. 10 poor (low) balls into the box may see one land at the feet of a Villa player. A goal is a goal, it doesn't have to be text book.

Gestede is never going to be the answer if we're going with Adama.

Unless we go 4-4-2, Gestede can't start for us in any case surely?

Like you say, we need someone who is mobile and able to make those darting runs if we're going to play to Adamas strengths.

• Like 3

Â