Adama Traore

mwj

On 6/19/2016 at 08:30, jimmygreaves said:

He really wasn't....... Don't believe everything spouted by the press/Sky. If he was playing for West Brom back then and not Liverpool do you think anyone would have made any fuss?

And if he wasn't an England player people would have been raving even more about him IMO.

Would love to keep Adama, but I just don't see it. A combination of someone else wanting him and him not wanting to play in the Championship will be enough to see him go. Hope I'm wrong.

It may depend on what contract offers Traore receives from other clubs and/or his determination to be (not necessarily playing) at a 'top flight' club. When Adama came to Villa, his contract benefited from being an unproven Barcelona player. Now he's a recently relegated unproven squad player from one of the worst teams in Premier League history. Unless there's a manager out there that wants to take a large punt just based on pace, Adama's Villa pay might not be matched. I wish him luck, hopefully at Villa.

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope Xia doesnt apply pressure on RDM to sell high earners as like you I think he could be difference from going up 

I wouldn't have thought Xia will pressure RDM to do anything. If RDM deems them worthy of staying, they'll stay. It's all up to the gaffer.

• Like 1

I just want to add another post in this thread in the hope that the more we say we want him to stay, will make him staying more likely. Adama, if you are reading this, please please please please stay, we are desperate to see you demolish SHA and Burton Albion single-handedly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I just want to add another post in this thread in the hope that the more we say we want him to stay, will make him staying more likely. Adama, if you are reading this, please please please please stay, we are desperate to see you demolish SHA and Burton Albion single-handedly. 

As long as you don't expect me to pass the ball to my team mates I am more than willing to stay.

Thankyou Jareth.

• Like 1

I love all these comments about him being "green" and "raw"

His game is all about pace strength and direct attacking. It's as good as anything in the Premiership, let alone the Championship. His crossing isn't the best and I can't see that changing too much-It doesn't usually with this type of player. I really fail to see what people expect to change in order for him not to be "green" or "raw". As for his tracking back, do they think he has a quick read of the paper when the other side has the ball?

I'm not quite sure what he's "green" or "raw" about?

Tony Daley spent an entire career playing like that.

He needs a run in the side, not 15 or 20 minutes here and there.

30 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

His game is all about pace strength and direct attacking. It's as good as anything in the Premiership, let alone the Championship. His crossing isn't the best and I can't see that changing too much-It doesn't usually with this type of player. I really fail to see what people expect to change in order for him not to be "green" or "raw". As for his tracking back, do they think he has a quick read of the paper when the other side has the ball?

He has a lot of flaws in his game thats where the terms green. For example he made a lot of bad decisions not passing the ball and tried to take on 3-4 players. Missing the pass as well. He looks a real prospect and I think it would be madness to sell.

I agree with your last point though, he does need a run in the side

32 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

I think you need to watch him play more closely then if you don't think there is anything green or raw about his play.

• Like 4

As has been said a few times, he has the potential to light up the championship like Adel tarrabt did a few years ago. 46 starts and a long season in the championship with players who will attempt to bully him could really make Adama and give him the experience he needs. 

Please keep him, please play him.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Adama needs serious  coaching if he's going to succeed here or anywhere else. He makes Daniel Sturridge look unselfish with the ball.

Adama can play with both feet though, so it balances out.

I'm dreaming of a world where Adama is on one wing, blitzing everyone so they have to double up on him, and a finger out his arse Grealish floating in off the left hand side finesse shotting into the top corner every game like it's Fifa 14.

5 minutes ago, Jimbop said:

I'm dreaming of a world where Adama is on one wing, blitzing everyone so they have to double up on him, and a finger out his arse Grealish floating in off the left hand side finesse shotting into the top corner every game like it's Fifa 14.

Why? Has Grealish been practicing his shooting extensively?

Â