Adama Traore

mwj

One of two things will happen if he plays this season;

1] He will play really well, and destroy teams single handedly

or,

2] He will get his leg broken in game 3 because defenders get fed up with chasing him.

2 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I think you need to watch him play more closely then if you don't think there is anything green or raw about his play.

You can say that about any player aged under 25.

I think you need to watch his game more closely if you think he is so green and raw that he wouldn't be amongst the first 2 or 3 names on the team sheet. You can't be both

4 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

I think you need to watch his game more closely if you think he is so green and raw that he wouldn't be amongst the first 2 or 3 names on the team sheet. You can't be both

So i can say he is green and raw because he is under 25?

Then I can't say it because you think he is amongst the first 2 or 3 names on the team sheet?

Is that correct?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

no you cant

and 4 managers last season didnt

we're building him up to be something that he simply isnt, he's an exciting player, i wouldnt even put him in the category of being good, just exciting, he gets the ball and he runs past people because he's really **** quick...other than that...he doenst really have any tricks (hasnt needed them tbf) he doesnt seem able to run in behind or run on to things which would be a huge tool for us (ie control the line of the opponents defence, even gabby can do it) he barely passes, he barely played...he had 1 assist and 1 goal i think

and yet he's the second coming that some think barca are going to resign any minute now

he either needs a ridiculous amount of coaching before he's ready to be an effective 1st team regular or theres a massive penny in his head that RDM needs to make drop

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

He just has a simple game - run up the side of the pitch, have a shot if he can, if not keep running then smash it across the box. Nothing wrong with that. Plus he's as fast as f*ck.

You've just described my all-time favourite Villa player, Ray Graydon! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

So i can say he is green and raw because he is under 25?

Then I can't say it because you think he is amongst the first 2 or 3 names on the team sheet?

Is that correct?

No it isn't correct. Notwithstanding the fact that I never said anywhere what you can and can't say, the point is that being a nailed on starter (in an appalling side admittedly) means that he is not as green and raw as people like to suggest.

Actually, it is a cheap cop out levelled at most flair players when they first hit the scene. He is no more green and raw than any other 19 year old.

If he's good enough to start, that should be the focus, not using cheap cop outs such as "he's green and raw"

If he is green and raw, I'd hate to think what your thoughts are on some of the more seasoned w#nkers who donned a shirt for us last season. You need to understand the difference between ability and "green and raw" if certain aspects of his game were better, he'd still be at Barcelona, not Villa.

11 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

No it isn't correct. Notwithstanding the fact that I never said anywhere what you can and can't say, the point is that being a nailed on starter (in an appalling side admittedly) means that he is not as green and raw as people like to suggest.

Actually, it is a cheap cop out levelled at most flair players when they first hit the scene. He is no more green and raw than any other 19 year old.

If he's good enough to start, that should be the focus, not using cheap cop outs such as "he's green and raw"

If he is green and raw, I'd hate to think what your thoughts are on some of the more seasoned w#nkers who donned a shirt for us last season. You need to understand the difference between ability and "green and raw" if certain aspects of his game were better, he'd still be at Barcelona, not Villa.

He isn't and wasn't a nailed on starter.

Also, I didn't mention green or raw initially, I merely took issue with your response to it.

P.s Thank You for teaching me the difference between green and raw as well. I understand fully now.  

:)

Ugh this is as annoying to read as the Carles Gil thread last year. Just like Gil, chances are he's not the world class, tear teams apart single handed superstar some want him to be, he's also most likely not some horrendous athlete who has no notion of how to play football. IMO he's a below average winger with an incredible amount of pace which bumps him up to an average winger.

We've barely seen him play apart from highlights so no one can say with any degree of certainty if he's good or not, but I'm pretty sure if he was able to destroy teams single handedly he wouldn't have been consistently overlooked by however many managers we had last season - and our reserve team would have destroyed every team they played with him on the pitch, they didn't. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

He isn't and wasn't a nailed on starter.

Also, I didn't mention green or raw initially, I merely took issue with your response to it.

P.s Thank You for teaching me the difference between green and raw as well. I understand fully now.  

:)

I would venture that somewhere between 90 & 95% of all Villa fans would have him down as a nailed on starter.

Still if you really are going to think about the stupidity of using throw away comments such as "green and raw" then you've learned something. well done.

Traore plays like a 10 year old in the school playground.

That is as an individual, with absolutely no inkling of teamwork.

Barcelona had him for years and were unable to get the idea that football is a team game, to stick in his pea-sized brain, so I very much doubt that our manager and coaches will have any more luck.

The goal he got an assist for last season, the Carles Gil wonder goal, was just that, wonderful adjustment by Gil, to a vastly over hit cross.

Personally, he wouldn't make the first 2 dozen names on any team sheet, let alone the first 2 or 3 names.

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

You've just described my all-time favourite Villa player, Ray Graydon! 

And one 'Willie Willie Wille Willie Anderson' !! Understudy to one George Best at Man U before joining us!! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Butterfingers said:

I would venture that somewhere between 90 & 95% of all Villa fans would have him down as a nailed on starter.

Still if you really are going to think about the stupidity of using throw away comments such as "green and raw" then you've learned something. well done.

You probably need to re-read this thread.

3 hours ago, 1958Villan said:

The goal he got an assist for last season, the Carles Gil wonder goal, was just that, wonderful adjustment by Gil, to a vastly over hit cross.

:crylaugh:

Wait... you're serious?

Â