Adama Traore

mwj

I don't dwell too much on what players can't do, especially if they can run like Usain Bolt down the wing, make full backs look stupid and put a decent cross in.  He will set up and score goals for fun, even if his passing is non-existent.

• Like 1

Like Sharky said in grand total of 20 minutes he played last season he made defenders in the Premier League look like they lacked any ability whatsoever. He doesn't need to pass if that keeps happening.  

6 hours ago, VillaForever1970 said:

People still ignoring the fact he never.ever passes!

People still ignoring performances and results of the team last year. 

Thank god we had all those players passing the ball. It worked so well. 

• Like 1

Like Sharky said in grand total of 20 minutes he played last season he made defenders in the Premier League look like they lacked any ability whatsoever. He doesn't need to pass if that keeps happening.  

I'd be interested to see how many minutes he actually played last season, including cup games. It definitely wasn't just 20 minutes (although if you only remember him playing for 20 minutes then perhaps you need to have a watch of his other performances).

There are a lot of one-sided posts and 'I told you so's in this thread, almost ignoring any genuine concerns that he still might not be the finished article and can't just be thrown in as an immediate success.

I like Adama as much as the next Villa fan, but putting our hopes into a player whose two main assets are pace and strength may not be the best idea.

If he's not the finished article, then what better than a year in the championship for him to hone his abilities. It's why loans have often worked out so well (ie Mark Albrighton).

Blitz the championship, learn on the way, get us promoted, take new experiences into the premier league and blitz that.

• Like 3

No one is saying that he is the finished article. He has got a hell of a lot to learn. But what he does do is add excitement to the game. He can beat a man, he can cause defence problems and he create and score. Yes he can be lazy without the ball, yes he may not pick the best option and he'll make mistakes. But after the last 6odd years where we have been losing without any excitement in matches, I'd sure as hell like some excitement back.

• Like 3

He has a lot to learn, and whether he ever will, who knows. But his speed and strength is fearsome for defenders and if that is all he does, just beating his man and getting in crosses, that could make him worth his place, if we organise the defence to make up for his lack of defensive capabilities. Balancing the team would be the problem. He seems to me to be a bit of a one trick pony, an aggressive Albrighton, if you like, but it is one helluva trick he has. He needs a good manager and coach to get the best of him.

4 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I'd be interested to see how many minutes he actually played last season, including cup games. It definitely wasn't just 20 minutes (although if you only remember him playing for 20 minutes then perhaps you need to have a watch of his other performances).

There are a lot of one-sided posts and 'I told you so's in this thread, almost ignoring any genuine concerns that he still might not be the finished article and can't just be thrown in as an immediate success.

I like Adama as much as the next Villa fan, but putting our hopes into a player whose two main assets are pace and strength may not be the best idea.

No one thinks he's the finished article. And genuine concerns about a player not playing while the team lose every game still seems mad to me. 

• Like 1

No one thinks he's the finished article. And genuine concerns about a player not playing while the team lose every game still seems mad to me. 

We're talking about next season Jonah, surely? You can't fall back on your usual 'we lost every game so ANYONE (Adama included) must be a better option' argument. Next season, I'd hope that we're winning the majority of our matches. So if Adama isn't working, he'll need to be dropped, as would other players in that position.

I'm all for playing Adama next season, but as he's not the finished article, it'd be foolish to put all our hopes on him and not have other options to replace him with when he's having one of his N'Zogbia games.

He will destroy the Championship, I'm very certain of that. It's also a fact that he should have played a lot more last season, no argument otherwise is credible.

It's a fact that there are a number of legitimate reasons why he didn't play 'a lot more' last season.

(Isn't it fun to state an opinion as fact?)

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I'm all for playing Adama next season, but as he's not the finished article, it'd be foolish to put all our hopes on him and not have other options to replace him with when he's having one of his N'Zogbia games.

Agree. Hope that RDM and Clarke can help him develop - he is an amazing raw talent he just need to work on some areas.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He will destroy the Championship, I'm very certain of that. It's also a fact that he should have played a lot more last season, no argument otherwise is credible.

Granted, we didn't see enough of Traore on the pitch last season but none of us saw how he trained each day either.

I cannot see how any manager (no matter how incompetent) would fail to pick a player that was good enough to play week in, week out - it just doesn't happen.

Traore suffered a lot of niggly injuries in his first year here and I got the impression that he didn't pick up the language change quickly either. These are two factors (not facts ;) ) as to why he probably didn't get too much game time.

As for destroying the Championship, it's still too early to say - none of us have seen enough consistantly to warrant that claim.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

It's a fact that there are a number of legitimate reasons why he didn't play 'a lot more' last season.

(Isn't it fun to state an opinion as fact?)

Yes not playing him for 'defensive' reasons worked tremendously well didn't it!?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, VillaForever1970 said:

People still ignoring the fact he never.ever passes!

never passes at all

watching that dribble proves to me that Garde was an idiot for never letting him loose

• Like 3

@Zatman Yep did something very similar against Palace too. Also did a very similar run against Arsenal but shot instead of passing, but still demonstrating how good his pace and dribbling is. 

When some bring up the fact that a couple of manages consistently didn't pick him I'd like to just point out that Sherwood and Remi Garde are both terrible managers, thus reflecting on them rather than Traore.

• Like 1

There's definitely a very good player in there somewhere, just look at his YouTube highlights for an idea of what he's capable of. Yes, I know it's a highlights reel and even Heskey can look good on YouTube. However, watching these clips, he does have real pace, plenty of tricks and good close control. He's strong too so won't get muscled off the ball too easily in the Championship.

He's still got a lot to prove with Villa but I believe the drop down and an injury free sustained run of games, in a winning team would see him improve. 

I'd love some of this next season ... 

Â