Adama Traore

mwj

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

:crylaugh:

Wait... you're serious?

Pretty sure it was Gil's positioning that pulled the 4 defenders on the right out of place, so Adama could run 50 yards and beat them all.

• Like 2

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Do you mean this or is my sarcasm-o-meter off today?

Definitely sarcasm. I think it's ridiculous to claim his assist was simply an over-hit cross, completely ignoring the superb run he made to even get the cross in.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Pretty sure it was Gil's positioning that pulled the 4 defenders on the right out of place, so Adama could run 50 yards and beat them all.

sure his assist vs Palace was only because the defender was stupid enough to attack his goal ;)

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The thought of Adama in the championship gives me an erection. I'll think he'll be unstoppable.

or at the very least take 2 or 3 men with him before he's stopped. Think of the space that would afford Ayew, Grealish and a new centre forward.

Adama is like a diamond in a rock. Probably matches the best wingers in the world in terms of dribbling and speed, and has huge potential. With the right backroom staff and support he could become Champions League quality within 4 years. Needs to work on his passing/crossing, teamwork and strength.

Not using hyperbole either.

Edited by meme

44 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Says far more about our squad than it does him

It probably does.

These players generally stand out when they are given an extended run in the side, they're a different breed to your "salt of the earth" grafters who can be thrown in here and there and have an instant impact. Apart from Liverpool away, when I thought their defence handled him well for the 25 mins he was on, Adama made a positive impact in every game I recall, once he was introduced. This is extremely unusual for a flair player.

10 or 15 games back to back will show you exactly what type of player we have on our hands. It is not something that is likely to level out or drop in standard as happens with many promising flair players. Adamas key strengths are pace and power, coupled with a lot of skill admittedly-He won't suffer a drop in these as opposed to suffering a drop in form.

He'd get into a lot better starting 11s than Villas as well-As others have aluded to, Adama in the championship would be frightening.

5 hours ago, 1958Villan said:

Traore plays like a 10 year old in the school playground.

That is as an individual, with absolutely no inkling of teamwork.

Neither did any of our other players last season but he barely got an opportunity to play so he's less at fault in my eyes.

Barcelona had him for years and were unable to get the idea that football is a team game, to stick in his pea-sized brain, so I very much doubt that our manager and coaches will have any more luck.

Ah, not good enough for Barca means he's shit then? Gotcha. Didn't realise you had sources in the Barcelona coaching setup and know the ins and outs.

The goal he got an assist for last season, the Carles Gil wonder goal, was just that, wonderful adjustment by Gil, to a vastly over hit cross.

Utter, utter bollocks of the highest order. It was absolutely intentional. Methinks you have an agenda if you're willing to make up such bullshit to emphasise your opinion.

Personally, he wouldn't make the first 2 dozen names on any team sheet, let alone the first 2 or 3 names

Again, bollocks. He'd be an asset to a number of Premier League teams with a balanced midfield to allow him to move about and create, but it's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

I'd be thrilled if we kept and utilised both Gil and Traore next season. If we get some hardworking midfielders to allow them the time and space to play, and get some good forwards with the brains to make good runs, our attack would be a force in the Championship.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

I'm not excited by next season I find it all depressing being down there but if we keep Adama that will change!

All this don't pass/can't cross nonsense is just that too, as per his 14 assists as an 18 year old season 2014/2015 in the Segunda. 

As for last season none of the managers have any validity because they we all shyte. But injuries played a big part, even when he wasn't officially injured and on the bench he probably was still carrying something. 

And best of all "ADAMA'S ON FIRE, YOUR DEFENSE IF TERRIFIED" works as a song.

Please stay.

Edited by Holtern8

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 13:11, weedman said:

Ugh this is as annoying to read as the Carles Gil thread last year. Just like Gil, chances are he's not the world class, tear teams apart single handed superstar some want him to be, he's also most likely not some horrendous athlete who has no notion of how to play football. IMO he's a below average winger with an incredible amount of pace which bumps him up to an average winger.

We've barely seen him play apart from highlights so no one can say with any degree of certainty if he's good or not, but I'm pretty sure if he was able to destroy teams single handedly he wouldn't have been consistently overlooked by however many managers we had last season - and our reserve team would have destroyed every team they played with him on the pitch, they didn't. 

Now where is the fun in a Post like that ? Waaaaaayyy too reasonable and balanced.

17 hours ago, Holtern8 said:

I'm not excited by next season I find it all depressing being down there but if we keep Adama that will change!

All this don't pass/can't cross nonsense is just that too, as per his 14 assists as an 18 year old season 2014/2015 in the Segunda. 

As for last season none of the managers have any validity because they we all shyte. But injuries played a big part, even when he wasn't officially injured and on the bench he probably was still carrying something. 

And best of all "ADAMA'S ON FIRE, YOUR DEFENSE IF TERRIFIED" works as a song.

Please stay.

No no no !!

"Down There" is (now ) League 1.............rejoice in our status as if t'were something newly gained, rather than lost, and all your misery will pass.

Â