Where are we finishing

17th- 15th is my thinking. Desperately needed a proven PL goal scorer but was unlikely considering the prices being thrown around for mediocre players this window.

Like TS said... just need to stay up this season and move forward. Kind of the same aim for the last 4 years...

We go again?

If we stay healthy this season I can see us pushing top10. If we have injury issues like previous seasons, players that flop, etc... I'm thinking 13-15th.

Either scenario we have too much talent to be in a relegation scrap imo.

12th at a push. Lescott and Richards will bring some much needed consistency to the defence, but the lack of firepower up front is a concern. We really need Gil, Sinclair and Gresford, or even Traore to start ripping teams a new one on a regular basis, then the goals will come.

I suspect we will survive as there are 3 teams worse than us in the division

Sunderland

Norwich

Bournemouth

you could arguably also say

Leicester

Watford

WBA

Stoke

West Ham

Newcastle

are worse / on parr with us

so I'd say this season we will be looking at around  14th to 16th  ...and then next season we push on with the players we have plus the huge fee we get for Amavi and we try to break the top 10

15th.

Was 17th before the transfer window "slammed" shut.

Hope we have a decent back 4 now, they all know this league (apart from Amavi) so should be comfortable.

Midfield is still where I'm unsure as there are too many unknowns/youngsters in there.

We all know we have no outstanding striker so I think we may struggle for goals, that said let's hope Sinclair can regularly score and give the other players a chance to settle down.

EIghth isn't that improbable, I'd prefer to be champions, but being realistic for this season I think the best we can do is challenge amongst the Europa places. I think there are a lot of overated teams in the Prem, if our new players put it together and live up to their potential we could be one of the most exciting teams in Europe.

Eighth means that apart from the guaranteed 6, we are only bested by one other team from Swansea, Southampton, Everton, West Ham and Palace.  Not a chance in hell IMHO.

EIghth isn't that improbable, I'd prefer to be champions, but being realistic for this season I think the best we can do is challenge amongst the Europa places. I think there are a lot of overated teams in the Prem, if our new players put it together and live up to their potential we could be one of the most exciting teams in Europe.

Eighth means that apart from the guaranteed 6, we are only bested by one other team from Swansea, Southampton, Everton, West Ham and Palace. Not a chance in hell IMHO.

I think you are overestimating Everton.

12th for me, however.

Â