Where are we finishing

Looking through the first 6 pages, we all got carried away by the spending it appears and a completely unknown team.

In my defence I predicted 12th....but that was in early August. I honestly though we'd get in a decent proven striker to replace Benteke. I didn't think for one second we wouldn't have a plan B once Adebayor went awol.

I've been seriously worried about relegation since the West Brom home defeat.

unless things take a radical turn for the better I think we'll finish rock bottom. bit disappointing seeing as I had some optimism in august thinking we would end up at around 13th.

57 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I hate being right... no, in fact I was too optimistic. I thought 19th in early August. Now that seems like a pipe dream!

Ha! JB, your view was the easily the most pessimistic, and even that was too generous. You nailed the summary though.

Still time for egg on face ;-)

29 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Ha! JB, your view was the easily the most pessimistic, and even that was too generous. You nailed the summary though.

Still time for egg on face ;-)

I bloody hope so! I really can't underestimate how much I want to be wrong - I spend thousands on this club every year but it just felt so obvious to me. Take a bad team, take away the quality, add gambles. In its simplest form we were always likely to be "attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis..."

• Like 1

On 3 August 2015 at 13:33, Shaw_nuff said:

we've lost our best players this summer. Any talk of a finish above 15th is just that - talk.

unfortunatley I've predicted the correct placement the last two seasons... so 15th it is :P

I wasn't as stupid as some.... but it appears it was third time unlucky.

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

21st. I reckon we'll have so few points that we will unlock a secret dimension to the Premier League known only to The Seven Sacred Guardians of the Points and the previously-thought mythical Permierlagahar, Keeper of the Depths Beneath and Reaper of the Relegated.

That or we'll have so few points that our relegation will be viewed as a tragic death and the number 20 position will be retired in our memory.

There will be a minute silence every February on the anniversary of our relegation.

• Like 1

21st. I reckon we'll have so few points that we will unlock a secret dimension to the Premier League known only to The Seven Sacred Guardians of the Points and the previously-thought mythical Permierlagahar, Keeper of the Depths Beneath and Reaper of the Relegated.

That or we'll have so few points that our relegation will be viewed as a tragic death and the number 20 position will be retired in our memory.

I was watching the final of celebrity University Challenge over Christmas. Magdalen-Oxford absolutely trashed Sheffield. About 2/3rds way through the game, the score was Magdalen 150, Sheffield MINUS 10! Sheffield finally scraped together a few points to lose 60 to 230.

Somehow, I was reminded of our own dear team...

• Like 2

Â