Where are we finishing

Watford, Leicester, West Ham, Norwich, Sunderland, West Brom (15th-20th)

Villa, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, (14th-11th)

Swansea, Stoke, Southampton, Everton ( 10th-7th)

The rest ( 6th-1st)

there will be some anomalies to that, but broadly speaking, we're in the 3rd quarter at the moment. Better than the worst, but until we see how well the players settle, difficult to claim we're on the level with Swansea, Southampton yet. 

I'll shoot for 11th 

• Like 1

To be fair, Veretout can play as a winger and I see what he means about stimulating players even if it's poorly worded. The comment about Baker is bizarre, though, surely he can see that naming a player who's unlikely to start most games as a 'man to watch' is absurd. 

Bizzare comment about Baker. However I do feel CB position will be our downfall this season.

Bumped into a Spuds fan, you know what they are like. Said he almost bet on us to go down after Snakegate, but thinks we've had the best summer of all clubs and admitted he is jealous.

Been a while since that has happened :)

Any better than last season we've done well. Money not well spent. Like someone else said, a bit like Newcastle, Stoke, Hull paying £9m for prospects rather than proven. But I guess that's where we are as a club. Gone are the days where we could pay £25m for a top striker (like Bent at the time) not because we don't have the cash, but they wouldn't want to come to us.

Haven't actually see one pre season supplement that has us going down, FourFourTwo mag had us at 15th today. The People also got their writes to do predictions and one of about 12 asked had us going down

They must all think we've significantly improved than as IMO the promoted clubs are stronger than what came up last year.

Â